Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #106
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaKeys View Post
Saw your post on a WDW TR, and decided to click on your link. Enjoyed the "ride". Bet you're surprised after all this time people are still dropping in. Spent yesterday and today reading through it all. See you in March!
This is so funny, I haven't checked this trip report in ages and decided to click today to see if anyone had responded.

Yes, I am surprised lol. I was just thinking of my return DL trip in March (most likely cause I just got back and am having the vacation blues). d

Glad you enjoyed the read
OhioStateBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:57 PM   #107
yupikgal
DIS Veteran

I started reading your TR days ago, I was intrigued by the title, because it sounds like the California trips we've done, lots of hopping here and there! I'm a HUGE Disney fan, so of course we go there, but we have also done San Diego, Universal Studios, WB tour, and by the way, the tour we took through anaheim411.com was great!! We did an all day tour that included the VIP WB tour. I highly recommend it! It also brought us to Greystone Manor, Celebrity home tour, Rodeo Drive, WB Studios and more~it was very personal and we got to get out and walk around a lot. We don't drive in CA, so we normally take Amtrak, we have taken it to SD, we took it to LA and then up to San Luis Obispo where we rented a car for a day and drove to San Simeon and then took a tour to Hearst Castle! This past spring, my husband flew down and met me (I was at a week long seminar) we celebrated our anniversary, went to Palm Springs/Indian Wells, and then the final part of our trip was DL & then to LA to take Amtrak all the way up the coast to Seattle! We had such a good time. Before he came down, I took the Lux Bus to Vegas, stayed there for a week with my cousin, and then I took Amtrak from there to Denver, where I stayed with my niece for a couple of weeks!! It was so much fun, I'd do it again in a heartbeat!! Im from Alaska, so everything down there excites me~!!

Thanks for all the laughs, you have a great sense of humor! I loved all the pictures, and getting to see Joshua National Forest was really neat! Have fun on your next trip! Kelly
DL, CA, DD Feb 23-26, 2012 Paradise Pier!!
Going back to DL & Southern California! 5/26-6/10, 2011
Anaheim/Disneyland/Las Vegas! May 21-June 3, 2010
Disneyland, California Adventure (Anaheim) San Diego August 8-12, 13-16, 2009
Disneyworld, D Wonder & Universal Studios: Oct. 2003
Polynesian Resort, Royal Pacific Resort
Disneyland: November 1999
Disneyworld: October 1994

yupikgal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 05:27 AM   #108
heathsf
DIS Veteran

Thank you for sharing! I will be spending a day in DL for the first time this spring, after many trips to WDW. Your TR was just the info I was looking for. And very entertaining too
heathsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #109
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

I saw your signature link a couple of days ago on a post you wrote and decided to read your trip report.

Very nicely done. I love your sense of humor and found myself laughing out loud. I live here and have never gone to Joshua State Park, so found your notes very interesting (I usually go to Sequoia or Yosemite). Thanks for taking the time to write it out and to write your post notes. I love reading summaries (call me weird... no, not really), and yours did not disappoint.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:36 AM   #110
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupikgal View Post
I started reading your TR days ago, I was intrigued by the title, because it sounds like the California trips we've done, lots of hopping here and there! I'm a HUGE Disney fan, so of course we go there, but we have also done San Diego, Universal Studios, WB tour, and by the way, the tour we took through anaheim411.com was great!! We did an all day tour that included the VIP WB tour. I highly recommend it! It also brought us to Greystone Manor, Celebrity home tour, Rodeo Drive, WB Studios and more~it was very personal and we got to get out and walk around a lot. We don't drive in CA, so we normally take Amtrak, we have taken it to SD, we took it to LA and then up to San Luis Obispo where we rented a car for a day and drove to San Simeon and then took a tour to Hearst Castle! This past spring, my husband flew down and met me (I was at a week long seminar) we celebrated our anniversary, went to Palm Springs/Indian Wells, and then the final part of our trip was DL & then to LA to take Amtrak all the way up the coast to Seattle! We had such a good time. Before he came down, I took the Lux Bus to Vegas, stayed there for a week with my cousin, and then I took Amtrak from there to Denver, where I stayed with my niece for a couple of weeks!! It was so much fun, I'd do it again in a heartbeat!! Im from Alaska, so everything down there excites me~!!

Thanks for all the laughs, you have a great sense of humor! I loved all the pictures, and getting to see Joshua National Forest was really neat! Have fun on your next trip! Kelly

Alaska? That is where I wanna go next! I really want to see the Northern Lights. We were thinking of doing a guided tour next time, we definitely want to do a touristy bus tour of Hollywood. But we were also thinking of doing a studio VIP tour, so maybe we should look into Anaheim411? Thanks for reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathsf View Post
Thank you for sharing! I will be spending a day in DL for the first time this spring, after many trips to WDW. Your TR was just the info I was looking for. And very entertaining too
Haha, glad I could help someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Jo View Post
I saw your signature link a couple of days ago on a post you wrote and decided to read your trip report.

Very nicely done. I love your sense of humor and found myself laughing out loud. I live here and have never gone to Joshua State Park, so found your notes very interesting (I usually go to Sequoia or Yosemite). Thanks for taking the time to write it out and to write your post notes. I love reading summaries (call me weird... no, not really), and yours did not disappoint.
Aww that is a very nice thing to say about my trip report. Sequoia and Yosemite are on our list, but we were thinking of doing a northern Cali trip sometime in the near future. Hit San Francisco and then basically spend the rest of the trip in the national parks. I like to read summaries too...and um, you did read my trip report, didn't you... so if you are weird, you know I'm right there with you
Old 01-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #111
caffingdu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
I think I forgot to talk about this before, I know a lot of people are scared to drive in LA traffic. It didn't bother me so much, I didn't feel like the drivers were any more aggressive than they are in Ohio, the only thing that did bother me was the motorcycles who made lanes for themselves and drove on the white line in between the traffic lanes. The first time one drove by we were both terrified and thought someone was about to crash into us from behind. But, seriously motorcycles? Wait with everyone else, geez.
Hi, I know I'm late on board reading you're trip report, but I started reading it and I really enjoy it so far.

Anyway, I had to chuckle a little bit at this comment. Is the law different in Ohio? Here in California motorcycles are allowed, maybe even encouraged, to zoom past all the other cars. Perhaps it is a way for the state to encourage more motorcycling, which would ease up traffic congestion. I think they also are free to move in and out of car pool lanes; I don't know if they're allowed to do that in other states.
caffingdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #112
Lucille1963
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffingdu View Post
Hi, I know I'm late on board reading you're trip report, but I started reading it and I really enjoy it so far.

Anyway, I had to chuckle a little bit at this comment. Is the law different in Ohio? Here in California motorcycles are allowed, maybe even encouraged, to zoom past all the other cars. Perhaps it is a way for the state to encourage more motorcycling, which would ease up traffic congestion. I think they also are free to move in and out of car pool lanes; I don't know if they're allowed to do that in other states.
I'm not the OP, but another reader jumping in.
Lane splitting (motorcycles driving between lanes) is illegal most other places in the US. From Wikipedia: "In most US states throughout the United States, lane splitting is illegal with one notable exception being California. Additionally, the legal restrictions for lane splitting in each US state for motorcycles generally apply to bicycles as well. However, in some states such as Nebraska and Utah, lane splitting is prohibited specifically and only for motorcycles and is therefore legal for bicycles." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane_splitting

It freaks me out when I see it too!

Lucille1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:33 PM   #113
caffingdu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille1963 View Post
Lane splitting (motorcycles driving between lanes) is illegal most other places in the US. From Wikipedia: "In most US states throughout the United States, lane splitting is illegal with one notable exception being California. Additionally, the legal restrictions for lane splitting in each US state for motorcycles generally apply to bicycles as well. However, in some states such as Nebraska and Utah, lane splitting is prohibited specifically and only for motorcycles and is therefore legal for bicycles." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane_splitting

Ya, even the cops on their motorcycles will come zooming in behind you, weaving all over the place. It actually still does freak me out a bit when the creep up on me when I didn't see them in my mirrors, but I bet it could really scare some people from out of state who aren't used to it haha.

By the way, to the OP, just finished you TR, and really enjoyed it. And especially all the nerdy references! Battlestar Galactica! Game of Thrones!! even the obscure Caprica! I love all that stuff
Old 01-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #114
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille1963 View Post

Thanks for clearing that up for me! Californians, what are you gonna do (no, I don't really know what I mean by that)
Old 01-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #115
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ya, even the cops on their motorcycles will come zooming in behind you, weaving all over the place. It actually still does freak me out a bit when the creep up on me when I didn't see them in my mirrors, but I bet it could really scare some people from out of state who aren't used to it haha.

By the way, to the OP, just finished you TR, and really enjoyed it. And especially all the nerdy references! Battlestar Galactica! Game of Thrones!! even the obscure Caprica! I love all that stuff
It sounds like we would be best friends. Don't forget Star Wars, Doctor Who (basically anything on BBC like Torchwood and Sherlock).
Old 01-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #116
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I just spent all morning catching up on your TR and really enjoyed it! I have to agree with you totally about San Diego Safari Park - I was so disappointed when we went in September (my DS19 & I had moved to live with DS30 in Culver City the end of June and we visited the Park in September before DS19 decided to move back to VA - he didn't like the LA area at all - too crowded). Anyway we had all visited AK's safari and felt you had much more animal views and interaction plus we got lost several times on the trails trying to find the tiger exhibit (which we never found). We did see the Cheetah run which was sort of cool but way too crowded and hot that time of year.

Love your pics of Universal Studios! Still haven't ventured up there yet - your pics have gotten me all amped up to go visit soon I got a little lost in your DL part of your TR in the abbreviations for places but finally figured them out lol I'm so dense when it comes to that - will have to visit DL soon too! and Trader Sam's What a fun place! You made excellent choices in your hotels and the rates were amazing! The Magic Castle Hotel experience was amazing - so jealous! I drove past that once and really wanted to stop somewhere and take pics somehow. Your car rental was so cheap! Next trip to anywhere I'm going to hire you to do our planning

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney

Last edited by heaven2dc; 01-06-2013 at 10:44 PM.
heaven2dc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:17 AM   #117
caffingdu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
It sounds like we would be best friends. Don't forget Star Wars, Doctor Who (basically anything on BBC like Torchwood and Sherlock).

Oh, of course. Definitely consider myself a Whovian.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:47 AM   #118
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I just spent all morning catching up on your TR and really enjoyed it! I have to agree with you totally about San Diego Safari Park - I was so disappointed when we went in September (my DS19 & I had moved to live with DS30 in Culver City the end of June and we visited the Park in September before DS19 decided to move back to VA - he didn't like the LA area at all - too crowded). Anyway we had all visited AK's safari and felt you had much more animal views and interaction plus we got lost several times on the trails trying to find the tiger exhibit (which we never found). We did see the Cheetah run which was sort of cool but way too crowded and hot that time of year.

Love your pics of Universal Studios! Still haven't ventured up there yet - your pics have gotten me all amped up to go visit soon I got a little lost in your DL part of your TR in the abbreviations for places but finally figured them out lol I'm so dense when it comes to that - will have to visit DL soon too! and Trader Sam's What a fun place! You made excellent choices in your hotels and the rates were amazing! The Magic Castle Hotel experience was amazing - so jealous! I drove past that once and really wanted to stop somewhere and take pics somehow. Your car rental was so cheap! Next trip to anywhere I'm going to hire you to do our planning
Yeah, I think my big deal about the safari is this: At AK's safari, there is a lot of natural vegetation and dividers and you can't really see what is coming up next. Most of the animals are in their own little confined areas, even if you do drive by very quickly. The SD Safari park...it is kind of just one big open plain. You can see most of the animals that are coming up. Don't get me wrong, Africa does have some big open plains (I was fortunate enough to have been taken on a safari by my dad), it really isn't like the SD park. I just think AK gives a more authentic experience.

We ditched before the Cheetah run, just couldn't make it that long.

Sorry about the abbreviations I actively try to use less abbreviations than lots of people on this board because I get confused too, but I can imagine I used a lot while trying to get through the trip report.

And I love to plan vacations and search for good deals. My work isn't always that interesting....so I may or may not do a lot of vacation planning from work... (that is me hoping work never reads my computer goings ons).

Quote:
Oh, of course. Definitely consider myself a Whovian.
That settles it, best friends ahaha.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #119
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

If anyone still checks back or is reading this for the first time...I have an announcement! I am ready to begin a brand new exciting thrilling pre trip report!! The aforementioned birthday trip has been decided on! Now if I could only decide on a trip report title...when I come up with one I will post a link here. I would love for everyone to come talk/plan with me on it!

In my head the 'Prince Ali' parade song from Aladdin is playing...I don't really expect anyone else to be 'make way for Prince Ali' excited...but I am

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: