Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 12:49 AM   #61
noname70
Mouseketeer

subscribe
Old 12-13-2012, 04:57 AM   #62
fd1972uk
Mouseketeer

Excellent thread, I can't wait to eat in here. Belle is our little girl's fav, and although she ain't in here like a meet, just to sample the restaurant will be awesome.

Good to know you can have photo opportunities too throughout, although don't like the sound of maybe interferring with people's dinners if their table is situated in popular picture areas.

Will just be doing a quick snack anyway, quite like the sound of the steak sandwich.

FD
WDW Orlando: June 2013

fd1972uk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #63
GBBTomorrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fd1972uk
Excellent thread, I can't wait to eat in here. Belle is our little girl's fav, and although she ain't in here like a meet, just to sample the restaurant will be awesome.

Good to know you can have photo opportunities too throughout, although don't like the sound of maybe interferring with people's dinners if their table is situated in popular picture areas.

Will just be doing a quick snack anyway, quite like the sound of the steak sandwich.

FD
Even though you won't meet Belle in the restaurant, be sure to take your little princess to Enchanted Tales with Belle. She will LOVE it! I loved it, and I'm an old geezer. From a kid's perspective, I imagine it must be magical.
GBBTomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:14 AM   #64
fd1972uk
Mouseketeer

Yep, will most defo be doing that, actually it's be a Princess start for our little one.

The plan is our first day at the park (only a part visit as we'll get tired no doubt) is BBB in our little girl's Belle dress, get over to Enchanted Tales and see the new area and then head into BOG restaurant and then take in the parade and finish off with dinner at Royal Table and then head home.

FD
WDW Orlando: June 2013

fd1972uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #65
SoarinOverDisney
Earning My Ears

Dinner?

I was on a cruise when BOG ressies opened and have not been able to get them for dinner for 1/2-1/9 yet. This is a surprise for my wife's 40th birthday! What should I do?
SoarinOverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #66
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarinOverDisney View Post
I was on a cruise when BOG ressies opened and have not been able to get them for dinner for 1/2-1/9 yet. This is a surprise for my wife's 40th birthday! What should I do?
The only thing you can do is keep checking for a cancellation to come up.

You can check the January cancelled reservation thread on the Reservations board to see if one is cancelled that can fit your needs. Then you can try to pick it up. (Please do not use the boards or the cancellation thread to request a specific reservation for yourself, as the trading or transfer of restaurant reservations is not permitted by WDW.)

Remember you can see all of BOG without a reservation by eating lunch there.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #67
DisneylandDad
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know how to order special requests with the order machines at lunch? My kids are picky and would like to order the turkey without anything on it, for example. Just not sure how to make a special request if you are using a machine to order. Thanks!
DisneylandDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #68
SoarinOverDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala

The only thing you can do is keep checking for a cancellation to come up.

You can check the January cancelled reservation thread on the Reservations board to see if one is cancelled that can fit your needs. Then you can try to pick it up. (Please do not use the boards or the cancellation thread to request a specific reservation for yourself, as the trading or transfer of restaurant reservations is not permitted by WDW.)

Remember you can see all of BOG without a reservation by eating lunch there.
Where is the Reservation board? Thx for your help!
SoarinOverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #69
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fd1972uk View Post
Yep, will most defo be doing that, actually it's be a Princess start for our little one.

The plan is our first day at the park (only a part visit as we'll get tired no doubt) is BBB in our little girl's Belle dress, get over to Enchanted Tales and see the new area and then head into BOG restaurant and then take in the parade and finish off with dinner at Royal Table and then head home.

FD
I don't know if this is possible but I would swap the BBB and Enchanted tales order.
Enchanted tales get really long really quickly. I would head over there to get it done with and then do the BBB.
We were just there last week and we practically open MK almost every morning. And as soon as we get in we head over to the new FL area. And the line will get from 15min to 60-70min within 1.5hrs. That is not an exaggeration unfortunately.
But either way, you will have a blast!

With regards to BOG lunch.
We did that one day waited in line for about 30min. All 3 rooms were open because of the popularity. The ordering kiosks makes the process simple but not very friendly for picky people (little options to take off items on the menu) but it was doable for us.
The food came very quickly we thought... the rose pager thingy is really cool.
I was able to walk to the other 2 rooms (the hubby picked the ballroom for lunch) and took pictures very quickly. A lot of people do which made it quite chaotic actually.
All 3 rooms were quite interesting. We got to sit in the West Wing for dinner and Ballroom for lunch.
I wish we could spend a little more time in the knights area without being in line. Seems like it was an interesting room to just listen to what they are saying...

Sorry I didn't read the whole thread... just want to pass on our experience.
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #70
Jinxy
Earning My Ears

Actually standing in line to get in right now (10:15am 12/19). We were told that the restaurant opens at 10:30, and they are trying out a new fast pass type of seating/ordering system. Apparently it will allow you to pick your time and order from home. I'm hoping they see our anniversary pins and pick us to try.

*UPDATE*
We did get picked to try the "remote" way! I skipped up the bridge, we ordered, paid, self-sat ib the West Wing, in less then 5 mins. We're having a slight hickup with our order but the doors have only been open 7 minutes.

You took how many people on your honeymoon? The massive multipurpose trip TR

Coming soon 4 days, 2 flat tires, too much food and MNSSHP

Last edited by Jinxy; 12-19-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Jinxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #71
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseca View Post
I don't know if this is possible but I would swap the BBB and Enchanted tales order.
Enchanted tales get really long really quickly. I would head over there to get it done with and then do the BBB.
We were just there last week and we practically open MK almost every morning. And as soon as we get in we head over to the new FL area. And the line will get from 15min to 60-70min within 1.5hrs. That is not an exaggeration unfortunately.
But either way, you will have a blast!

With regards to BOG lunch.
We did that one day waited in line for about 30min. All 3 rooms were open because of the popularity. The ordering kiosks makes the process simple but not very friendly for picky people (little options to take off items on the menu) but it was doable for us.
The food came very quickly we thought... the rose pager thingy is really cool.
I was able to walk to the other 2 rooms (the hubby picked the ballroom for lunch) and took pictures very quickly. A lot of people do which made it quite chaotic actually.
All 3 rooms were quite interesting. We got to sit in the West Wing for dinner and Ballroom for lunch.
I wish we could spend a little more time in the knights area without being in line. Seems like it was an interesting room to just listen to what they are saying...

Sorry I didn't read the whole thread... just want to pass on our experience.

I do agree that the line for Enchanted Tales With Belle gets long very quickly. But do keep in mind that you were probably there during the FP+ test. We were as well. Standby moved much mre slowly because all of the FP+ people were coming in that second entrance with priority over everyone else. I wouldn't be surprised if one whole room was taken up with FP people. On a regular park day, that will not be the case. You know.... until FP+ rolls out for good.

We did lunch and dinner at BOG while we were there. I thought the lunch line moved very efficiently, but it just felt so crowded the entire time, with CMs constantly squeezing people closer together.

Dinner does offer a far better look at the Hall of Knights since you exit there after meeting the Beast. We were by ouselves in there. At lunch you could barely see the floor for all the people in there.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #72
cseca

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I do agree that the line for Enchanted Tales With Belle gets long very quickly. But do keep in mind that you were probably there during the FP+ test. We were as well. Standby moved much mre slowly because all of the FP+ people were coming in that second entrance with priority over everyone else. I wouldn't be surprised if one whole room was taken up with FP people. On a regular park day, that will not be the case. You know.... until FP+ rolls out for good.

We did lunch and dinner at BOG while we were there. I thought the lunch line moved very efficiently, but it just felt so crowded the entire time, with CMs constantly squeezing people closer together.

Dinner does offer a far better look at the Hall of Knights since you exit there after meeting the Beast. We were by ouselves in there. At lunch you could barely see the floor for all the people in there.
I don't quite understand the FP+ thingy.
Were there special rides that only can be accessed with the FP+ tix?

I didn't see the second entrance actually...
I didn't mind standing in the regular line since I wanted to see Maurice's cottage... it was cute.
But it was a long line ... 1hr for us... blah
Old 12-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #73
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't quite understand the FP+ thingy.
Were there special rides that only can be accessed with the FP+ tix?

I didn't see the second entrance actually...
I didn't mind standing in the regular line since I wanted to see Maurice's cottage... it was cute.
But it was a long line ... 1hr for us... blah
FP+ offered the chance to pre-book 4 attractions in the MK (and 3 at DHS as part of this test). It includes everything that has regular FP, but also some attractions that don't have regular FP, but DO have FP+. Enchanted Tales With Belle is one of those (Haunted Mansion is too, as well as preferred viewing for parades and fireworks). There was a second entrance just for FP+. At the kiosk out front, those folks were directed straight to a door under the side awning. I did want to see Maurice's cottage, but sure didn't need to see it twice. And might have skipped it until next time in light of the 70 minute wait.

FP+ is not generally offered right now but was undergoing a test last week. Many folks coming in on Magical Exress got to enroll and try it out. I think we came in a day or 2 too early to be chosen. The friends we met there came in 2 days later and were chosen, so got to use FP+ the second time through. Since we weren't part of it, we had to split up that day.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #74
cseca

Ooooohhh ok that makes sense now thanks so much for taking time to explain that.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #75
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ooooohhh ok that makes sense now thanks so much for taking time to explain that.
Happy to help.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: