Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2012, 12:44 PM   #91
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

These are great lists. Saving this thread for future use.

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #92
disneydreaming92701
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamboatWillie1021

Wow! My kids are 2 and 4 but this I need to save for the future! Behavior and manners are SO important and I don't think enough parents teach these things. I'm sure just by reading this you have nothing to worry about. By this point you have taught him how to be a gentleman and I'm sure it is second nature. GOOD JOB MAMA BEAR!!!
Awesome list. And just like you there is never ever a vacation from manners.... my kids know I expect them to always behave as appropriate young ladies.
disneydreaming92701 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2012, 11:24 PM   #93
KitKat90731
Earning My Ears

Thank you soo much for all the great tips! My DS's are 8 and 10 and pretty well mannered. ;-) But even that, I will totally be sharing every single one of these with them. Also I made a sign on ver bright paper to attach to the inside of our door that calls out:

Remember
Please and Thanks you's
Be little men (they know this means to hold doors, help any one that needs help like the elderly)
No running, climbing, or jumping on anything
Make friends, not enemies
Eat 75% of every meal
KitKat90731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #94
disprincess4ever
DIS Veteran

Lol my mother never taught me these things! On my next cruise I'm either going to feel really prepaired, or really paranoid.

Disney Fantasy: 7 night Western Caribbean June 2012
Disney Magic: 12 night Mediterranean w/ Venice June 2013, 4 night Bahaman April 2014
disprincess4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:08 AM   #95
slg4crzn
Mouseketeer

I love all the suggestions. Maybe the title should be suggestions for all cruisers. It would be one big happy cruise if everyone was kind, polite, thoughtful, respectful, safe and happy! I'm going to write out a list and remind my cruisers.
slg4crzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:53 PM   #96
erinsmom03
Mouseketeer

Great stuff!

I love all the rules, and I will be subscribing for sure! Our DD is only 9, and we will be cruising with family, another 9 year old and a 7 year old. A lot of the rules are not applicable, but many are pretty universal, regardless of age! I also picked up tips for DH's and my cell phones, hadn't thought much about them! Thanks!

WDW offsite 1978 RCCL 1996 RCCL 1997 WDW offsite 1998 RCCL 1999
Poly 2008 Poly 2009 FQ/BC 2011 Poly/Fantasy Western Caribbean 2013
Cabana Bay/Universal/Magic Bahamas 2014

erinsmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:57 PM   #97
goeva
DIS Veteran

These rules are great! Saving it for future use as well.

MeDH DD DS

Last edited by goeva; 12-17-2012 at 01:29 PM.
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:45 PM   #98
DreamBound23
Mouseketeer

These are great rules. I plan on drafting up a "contract" for my daughter to sign

4 Night Bahamas Dream Cruise - 11/27/11-12/1/11
7 Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy Cruise - 12/01/12
7 Night Western Caribbean Fantasy Cruise - 04/26/14
7 Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy Cruise - 01/24/15

DreamBound23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:10 PM   #99
Saamh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
All those people on the Roll Call list? They’ve all seen your picture and know you’re my son. If you’re acting like an idiot somewhere onboard, I WILL find out about it.[/i]
I love this! Nothing better than ensuring your kids behave than letting them know mom has connections and will know EVERYTHING you do!
Saamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #100
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
All those people on the Roll Call list? They’ve all seen your picture and know you’re my son. If you’re acting like an idiot somewhere onboard, I WILL find out about it.[/i]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saamh View Post
I love this! Nothing better than ensuring your kids behave than letting them know mom has connections and will know EVERYTHING you do!
of course that depends on if they decide to say anything. On one of the cruises I was on with a group of poel from a message board I saw one of their teens running up a set of stairs. He stopped and looked at me as he definitely knew I knew his mom and dad, I didn't say anything to either of them as in my mind he didn't really o anything as him and the rest of the group just walked away.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:36 PM   #101
k3chantal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is the list I use for my DS. It has been altered and updated over the years as he has gotten older (he is 16 now) but the basics stay the same. Hope this helps.

CRUISE RULES
None of these are optional

You are not to enter any cabin without me. Ever.

No one is to enter our cabin except you.

If you are in our cabin alone, hang the “DO NOT DISTURB” sign on the door. Remember to remove it when you leave.

You are not to drink any beverage unless it is handed to you by me or a CM. You are not to drink anything that you have let out of your sight.

If you change locations from where you last said you were going to be, you need to either swing by the stateroom and write it on the white board (including the time), or use a house phone somewhere and leave a message in our stateroom voicemail box.

Do not hang out, horse around or run in the stairwells, hallways or elevators.

Your curfew will be decided on each day. It will vary depending on the teen activities that are planned, and what time we need to start the next day.

Your KTTW card is tied to my credit card even though you have your own funds on there. It is up to you to check your balance daily. If you lose your KTTW card, notify Guest Services immediately.

Our dining time for dinner is 8pm, so you will need to make sure you allow yourself enough time to finish whatever you’re doing and head back to the cabin with enough time to get yourself ready and either leave with me at 7:45or meet me at the dining room entrance by 7:45 (or earlier if we’re taking pictures, which I will let you know about ahead of time.)

If you order room service, don’t forget to tip them. You know where the tip money is. Also don’t forget to gather up any dishes/silverware/napkins/etc. as neatly as possible for the room steward.

If we arrange a check-in time and you miss it by more than 15 minutes, then you will spend the rest of that day with me or in the cabin.

I expect you to be the Southern gentleman you have been raised to be, using please, thank you, and excuse me at all times. Hold the doors for people, allow people to get off of the elevator before you step on. Being on vacation is never an excuse for leaving manners at home.

Handwashing is a must!! If unable to wash your hands with soap and water, you will always have hand sanitizer available. USE IT!

No going to the outside areas of the upper deck at night.

Do not leave the stateroom a mess. The room steward has enough to do!
Keep all of your valuables in the cabin safe.

Always, always treat the ship crew members with respect, every last one of them. You know how they always go out of their way to make our cruises special and happy – go out of your way to smile and say “hello”.

All those people on the Roll Call list? They’ve all seen your picture and know you’re my son. If you’re acting like an idiot somewhere onboard, I WILL find out about it.
Love this! We are going on our next cruise and our oldest will be 14. Definitely will be reviewing and holding him to something very similar!!
k3chantal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: