Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
nicojames
Earning My Ears

Check out my Nursery times....

First time cruiser
DS will be 9months @ cruise
4 nights on Dream

Day 1 - 0. Day 3 - 1-4 pm
Day 2 - 1-3pm, 8-10pm. Day 4 - 1-4 pm
nicojames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
Herkemer
Always Planning Our Next Trip

We did our first cruise back in June with a 14 month old. I would suggest you setup times during the shows especially if you think your cruise will be crowded. That way you can go to the show and not have to wrestle with the little one and possibly disturb other people. We took him to the first show and checked him in to the day care every other night and it worked out great.

Good luck, and have fun!
Herkemer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Which dinner do you have? What do you plan to do from 1-4 each afternoon?

I would think about those times that you have something you want to do that you can't do with the baby....like adult dining, spa, whatever. 1-4 strikes me as nap time. There's nothing wrong with that if that is what you want, but you'll be paying the nursery to watch the baby sleep. My logic would be to put the baby down for a nap in your stateroom and use that time to hang out on your balcony, shower, straighten up, or whatever you need/want to do. It would make more sense to me to arrange nursery time when you wanted to be at the main shows or the later evening adult only shows...or dinner...or whatever you plan to do on the ship.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #4
nicojames
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner
Which dinner do you have? What do you plan to do from 1-4 each afternoon?

I would think about those times that you have something you want to do that you can't do with the baby....like adult dining, spa, whatever. 1-4 strikes me as nap time. There's nothing wrong with that if that is what you want, but you'll be paying the nursery to watch the baby sleep. My logic would be to put the baby down for a nap in your stateroom and use that time to hang out on your balcony, shower, straighten up, or whatever you need/want to do. It would make more sense to me to arrange nursery time when you wanted to be at the main shows or the later evening adult only shows...or dinner...or whatever you plan to do on the ship.
We have main dining and plan on being at pool and exploring ship from 1-4pm also have a DS6
nicojames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
TinksMomma
Mouseketeer

We also liked having nursery time after dinner so that we could do shows and check out other events going on. She was often in the nursery from 7:30-10:30ish.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #6
kcashner
DIS Veteran

If your intent is to have the baby in the nursery while you hang out at the pool, it sounds like you have what you need. Many people like to have nursery time in the evening.

Just a thought (I'm not being critical, just trying to be sure you've considered all options)....will she sleep in a stroller with a shade on it up by the pool? That might give you the best of both worlds--she naps, you hang out at the pool in the afternoon, and you can use the nursery in the evening.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: