Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #541
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Yes they did. No I didn't. She claimed she was ill when we were to meet. I think it was an excuse. Only kidding. We really didn't meet. We were going to see Air Supply but it didn't work out.
I did get one. Not sure if I would again we are not water park people and have never been to Disneyquest but we will try both now.
No DLR for us anytime soon. We are doing WDW twice or three times next year and our first cruise on the Dream.

I'm so jealous! I'd love to take a Disney Cruise. Where are you cruising to? And WDW 2-3 next year? If only. Next year is very iffy Disney wise for us. DS is having his bar mitzvah in October so he gets a trip to somewhere and I don;t think he'll choose WDW like Chloe did. It's also our 20th anniversary in August and DH is planning the trip. I gave him an extensive list of where I'd love to visit and a small list of no-ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
I hope you had a very Happy Hanukkah!!!

Amanda

You too. Last night we lit the candles as a reminder of the frailty and beauty of life. We didn't do any Hanukkah gifts this year. I drew the line. We always do Christmas gifts, I know bad Jews, so I decided we'd celebrate the religious aspects of Hanukkah and cultural/commercial aspects of Christmas. And ya know, it worked out really really well. Instead of everyone blurting the blessings, lighting, chowing down dinner, and asking for gifts we were able to sit and relax and enjoy the miracle. It was the best Hanukkah we've had. DH and Joshua are in SF for a Raiders game this weekend so the girls and I have had some nice time together.

Working on an update right now.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #542
rentayenta

After taking nearly 90 minutes to get back to SSR we decided that we were going to skip the Turf Club and spend the night in DTD with our friends. The long day in the hot sun coupled with it being our 4th day of the trip left us happy but tired and not really really hungry. I quickly called and canceled our reservation. I have a thing with no showing for a reservation so I always make sure to cancel. Must be the years of serving.

When we finally arrived to SSR and hopped the bus for the THV, Gabbys favorite bus driver Dave was driving. He was the driver the day she and Kayla left Epcot after Kayla found out her puppy passed away. Dave dropped them right in front of our THV. Tonight would be no different. Gabby and Dave:

Gabby is very very close with Michael's dad and really is so kind to our elderly population. I haven't met a teenager who spends more time talking with and enjoying their grandparents' company. I hope she chooses an occupation with the geriatric community. Shes really so patient and *gets* them.

Jenna et al were supposed to come over before DTD and help us polish off some of those bags of groceries. Because we werent starving, I made some appetizers. Unfortunately I didnt get a photo but I made guacamole, quesadillas, fresh fruit, quarter cut sandwiches, and veggies with dip. We also had various chips and frozen stuff. I was expecting 5 more so I made a ton. We ended up stuffing ourselves. So much for not being hungry.

We made our way to the boat dock. Why bus it when you can boat it? I have to say, the bus to DTD is a very cool perk of SSR! It was nice and warm and just a beautiful night. Their is a dock just for the THV.

And look who we met at the SSR dock:

DTD was a zoo. It was so packed. We tried to shop some in the World of Disney. Kayla and Chloe got pixie dusted:

Believe it or not Im not a big crowds person. Love Disney and the lines dont bother me but wall to wall people is no bueno.

After the World of Disney, Jenna et al were hungry so we al went to Earl of Sandwich. My crew was still stuffed so we didnt eat but just joined them for some quality time. The down time was nice. The girls gave Nate (Jennas hubby) a crash course on One Direction. Hes now DBD or Directioner by Default. Jenna and I plotted a possible June trip to Disneyland which unfortunately the chances look slim now unless we don't stay at the GCV. I really really need an add on there.

After Earl my crew was pretty beat so we bid farwell and took the boat back to the THV.

Think they were sick of me taking their picture?

We arrived back to the villa, I threw in some laundry, and the kids crashed hard.

Up next: we finally get to visit Animal Kingdom.

Last edited by rentayenta; 12-16-2012 at 09:54 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #543
disneydancer86
Mouseketeer

I am new to the Disboards and I just wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your TR!!!

We are leaving in 13 days for our first DVC stay at Kidani 2bdrm villa (I have been to WDW the past 4 summers but never stayed DVC) and I am looking for anything and everything to read to get tips for our trip. This trip will be the first time we are going during such a busy time (May 2009 for F&G festival we walked on to every ride with no waiting!) so I want to be prepared! I am a teacher now, so we have specific times that we can go now...

Your pictures are incredible (BTW - I need whatever camera you are using...) and I so appreciate you taking the time to share them. I am looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip. I can't wait to read!
disneydancer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #544
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

And here I was, really looking forward to that pic of guacamole!

We get that way with food while at Disney...it's like you finally get fooded out. I wish that happened to me at home.
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Goofyluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:39 PM   #545
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Sounds like a great night at DTD.

Hope the boys are enjoying SF and I'm glad the location is working out for them.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #546
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Looks like a great day! Between all the TRs that I'm reading/writing today, I'm working up quite and appetite!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #548
MEK
DIS Veteran

90 minutes back to SSR? That sounds familiar and was definitely a problem with my summer stay there. I got bell services to take me back to the treehouse one afternoon when I didn't want to spend another minute in the heat. It was great.

Sometimes dinner in the villa is just the way to go.

I agree - heavy crowds are "no bueno" in my book, too.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #549
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Wow, so crazy - I'm caught up! Loving your TR and your family is just so cute and always happy! We love "the Disney effect". Cant wait to read more.
catherines_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #550
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydancer86 View Post
I am new to the Disboards and I just wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your TR!!!

We are leaving in 13 days for our first DVC stay at Kidani 2bdrm villa (I have been to WDW the past 4 summers but never stayed DVC) and I am looking for anything and everything to read to get tips for our trip. This trip will be the first time we are going during such a busy time (May 2009 for F&G festival we walked on to every ride with no waiting!) so I want to be prepared! I am a teacher now, so we have specific times that we can go now...

Your pictures are incredible (BTW - I need whatever camera you are using...) and I so appreciate you taking the time to share them. I am looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip. I can't wait to read!

You are going to love Kidani. It's by far our favorite while at WDW and ties with the GCV at Disneyland. It's so beautiful and there is so much to do at the resort. We were on the 2nd floor, near the lobby, and had a fabulous view of the animals and a short walk to the lobby. We loves Sanna too. And Boma as usual. Try to do both if you can. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyluver View Post
And here I was, really looking forward to that pic of guacamole!

We get that way with food while at Disney...it's like you finally get fooded out. I wish that happened to me at home.

Smart.***. I do like a good guac photo. I never feel fooded out. Ever. And now that we've got Trader Joe's, my simple lunches that used to consist of salad, still have salad but now have panang or curry or some other TJ's creation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Sounds like a great night at DTD.

Hope the boys are enjoying SF and I'm glad the location is working out for them.
They got home today and had an incredible time. I am so glad they didn't rent a car though. The Hyatt charges $57 a day to park. I assured Michael they didn't need a car and they didn't. I'll post a few pics here. I'm green with envy for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Looks like a great day! Between all the TRs that I'm reading/writing today, I'm working up quite and appetite!

I caught up on the cruise report but didn't see a D23 update.You really bought some beautiful jewelry in PV. Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Nice night, good to just read the crowd and cancel the ADR. The crowds at DTD are no bueno for sure, I did find daytime to be better, though it was very hot out when we were there. No purchases?

I think Gabby bought some things from the eclectic Disney store in DTD but the name escapes me. I'll have yo go on the website. The rest were saving up for AK and DHS, they were on a Yeti and Star Wars hunt. Gabby always goes for the stuff I do, jewelry and the like with small Disney themes. The necklace I'm wearing the next dat in AK was one Michael bought for me that night before in DTD. We never get out without at least a few purchases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
90 minutes back to SSR? That sounds familiar and was definitely a problem with my summer stay there. I got bell services to take me back to the treehouse one afternoon when I didn't want to spend another minute in the heat. It was great.

Sometimes dinner in the villa is just the way to go.

I agree - heavy crowds are "no bueno" in my book, too.

That elbow to elbow drives me nuts especially when I'm trying to shop. Dinner in the villa, while not fancy, hit the trick.

Bell services at SSR are pretty cool. I found the THV bus drivers to be the best of the bunch. They dropped us more often in front of our treehouse than not. I'd stay again in a heartbeat. We missed the Turf Club completely. I think I need a full two weeks; 8 park days, a day at each water park, and 2 resort days at each resort assuming we keep splitting our stays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
Wow, so crazy - I'm caught up! Loving your TR and your family is just so cute and always happy! We love "the Disney effect". Cant wait to read more.
Thank you! I love the happy Disney effect. I wish I could bottle it and run it through the vent system here at home.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:20 PM   #551
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

I caught up on the cruise report but didn't see a D23 update.You really bought some beautiful jewelry in PV. Wow!
I wrote up the D23 stuff on the cruise but the next segment didn't allow pictures. I saw some pics from the session in the most recent Disney Files or D23 magazine, so I thought before posting I would google the images and see if I could find a few to include in the report.

The jewelry they had was really nice. I tried to find something unique that I couldn't get anywhere else.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 12-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #552
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj

I wrote up the D23 stuff on the cruise but the next segment didn't allow pictures. I saw some pics from the session in the most recent Disney Files or D23 magazine, so I thought before posting I would google the images and see if I could find a few to include in the report.

The jewelry they had was really nice. I tried to find something unique that I couldn't get anywhere else.
The jewelry you posted was beautiful! And very unique. Do most ports sell a particular kind of jewelry? I'm on more of a buy-it-on-the-beach budget.

Old 12-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #553
rentayenta

Hope everyone had a happy, healthy, and Merry Christmas!

Old 12-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #554
midwife
Earning My Ears

Subbing in late. Just wanted to thank you for a great trip report. I haven't taken the kiddos to the water parks yet, but your photos/descriptions are making me want to take that plunge.

We aren't DVC yet, but my goal for our DL and 2 WDW trips in 2013 are for scoping out the DVC resorts so I can hone in on which I want for home resort.

Anyways, I look forward to the rest of your TR.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #555
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
The jewelry you posted was beautiful! And very unique. Do most ports sell a particular kind of jewelry? I'm on more of a buy-it-on-the-beach budget.
I'm not sure that the various ports offer different types of jewelery. The "presentation" we went to was a total sales pitch for all the various jewelers in the areas, but she did tell us about where to go for various unique stones that we wouldn't find in the US. Meaning which shops and stuff. None of these were "buy it on the beach" budget shops!

I purposely looked for unique. They also had very tradtitional settings too, but I wanted something that I wouldn't find anywhere else. Today a Macy's we saw some Tanzanite and I got earrings to go with my other loot, but it was all very traditional looking, not a large variety at all.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: