Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #1576
lovingthemouse
You must believe......and then send cold, hard cash!!! ;)
magic is in the heart of the beholder...

Morning - have used the teacher discount for many years now. Either hotel requests a copy of your pay stub, or your teacher ID card, your teacher's union card or some alternate form of proof provided by your school system. We only had to provide it the first year, and it was noted after that. I don't know if others have had to provide it more frequently.

AAA is just that - bring your card to show upon check-in.
If you use either, make sure to mention it when you make the reservations.

When using either, keep track of the rates. I usually have to make it at the higher rate, and then as the time passes, check back at the hotels, or on the Starwood web site, and if a lower rate becomes available, ask them to change it .

We are spoiled by these 2 hotels, and have really not used any others on property for many years, so i am not the person to compare pricing.

Hope this has helped.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:10 AM   #1577
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingthemouse View Post
....Hey Dan - did you have a magical trip? One of these days, we'll connect again! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Back home now, Caroline. And yes, a great time as always. The S/D is still in good order, magical. And do hope to meet up again, yes. We had some fun times there, lots of laughs together.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #1578
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Back home now, Caroline. And yes, a great time as always. The S/D is still in good order, magical. And do hope to meet up again, yes. We had some fun times there, lots of laughs together.
Awesome!
Old 12-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #1579
ahutton
WDW Bride Dec 6, 1996

We had a wonderful time and are back home too.

On the king rooms - not all have a sleeper sofa. We were on the 7th floor overlooking the entrance area. Our room as an accessible room that seemed to be set for wheelchairs. The wardrobe hanging was low, handles in the bathroom, no separate sink/vanity area.

The Santa area in the evening was so much fun - he was awesome (who wouldn't be when at their favorite resort) as were his helpers.

Kristina at the front desk went so far above and beyond to make our stay magical, there are not words for it. The food at Picabu was excellent and I was so glad we got the refillable coffee mugs, we made use of them for breakfast and for decaf in the evenings.

We saw many familiar faces all around but everyone looked to be having as magical a getaway as DH and I were.

Proud Second Generation SwanDolphin Cheerleader
Old 12-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #1580
cindym
Mouseketeer

I had a reservation at the Swan which I cancelled one week ago as I decided to stay at the Dolphin instead. I am still waiting for my refund of the 1 night's deposit. It was a fully refundable rate. (AAA) I have a cancellation number. Does it typically take this long for a refund?
Old 12-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #1581
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindym View Post
I had a reservation at the Swan which I cancelled one week ago as I decided to stay at the Dolphin instead. I am still waiting for my refund of the 1 night's deposit. It was a fully refundable rate. (AAA) I have a cancellation number. Does it typically take this long for a refund?
Yes. I've had it take almost 30 days for a refund from them, back onto a credit card.

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
Old 12-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #1582
cindym
Mouseketeer

Wow 30 days! They keep your money that long? I'm sure they give you interest for it then. (sarcasm implied)
Old 12-16-2012, 12:03 PM   #1583
smellyia
Mouseketeer

Swan Newbies

Hi! We've booked the Swan for 5/29-6/5, but have previously stayed at Beach Club. We love the Epcot area amenities and the pricing at this resort was too great to pass up. I had a couple of questions for vets of the resort that I couldn't figure out from the main page....

1. Is there a market - similar to Beach club's- that's open where we can stock up on some quick breakfast items and water for the room?

2. Do they use the Disney resort refillable mugs? And if so, where can we fill up at- coffee in the morning is a big one for us.

3. I know they don't offer the Disney airport transfer...is there recommended transport to book from the airport?

4. What's the recommended QS place we can get like a hot biscuit at in the mornings prior to leaving for RD at the parks?

Thanks for any help!
Beach Club/Royal Pacific USO May/June 2012
Beach Club May/June 2013
AKL CL Feb 2014
Beach Club May 2014
Royal Pacific USO/Grand Floridian Oct 2014
Old 12-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #1584
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyia View Post
Hi! We've booked the Swan for 5/29-6/5, but have previously stayed at Beach Club. We love the Epcot area amenities and the pricing at this resort was too great to pass up. I had a couple of questions for vets of the resort that I couldn't figure out from the main page....

1. Is there a market - similar to Beach club's- that's open where we can stock up on some quick breakfast items and water for the room?

2. Do they use the Disney resort refillable mugs? And if so, where can we fill up at- coffee in the morning is a big one for us.

3. I know they don't offer the Disney airport transfer...is there recommended transport to book from the airport?

4. What's the recommended QS place we can get like a hot biscuit at in the mornings prior to leaving for RD at the parks?

Thanks for any help!
1) Picabu is located at the Dolphin. You could also go to the Screen Door General Store on the Boardwalk. The Bakery at the Boardwalk is also just a short walk away.

2)They S/D has their own refillable mugs, one for cold, one for hot. But unlimited coffee, Starbucks, is available for free in the rooms.

3) I rent a car.

4) Java Bar at the Swan, or Lobby Lounge or Picabu at the Dolphin. The Bakery at the Boardwalk is also just a short walk away.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 12-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #1585
Mac7
Let's Go Buccos!

Thanks for the pointers on the teacher discount. I've got a staff ID card so I'll probably use that and bring a pay stub as a backup if I use these hotels.

I know we've done AAA before but this is the first trip I'm planning myself; usually have had family or friends take on the booking of things in the past.

I do like the general location of these hotels. Are they on the walking trail to Epcot like the Yacht and Beach are? I do like the boats for getting around; I usually take the bus to other places but will probably have a car with me since I'm coming from SC and can make the trip in a day.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #1586
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Welcome to the dis, Mac.

This gives you a bit of perspective. And the answer is yes.

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/articl...y-world-resort

Why she runs.....

dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 12-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #1587
valenrandy
From Astroworld to Disneyworld

Talking 2 question!

We have an upcoming trip to the Dolphin and we are very excited as it is our first stay at the S&D

2 things that have been on my mind are this:

1. Can you buy disney tickets at the S/D and are they the tyvek/paper kind or are they on a hard plastic card similar to the KTTW?

2. As with regular disney resorts, are you provided with one room key card per person so each person in the room can show proof to the CM's at the parks for EMH?

Thats all for now, thank!

PS... how do the room key cards at the S/D look like? any pics? Thanks a bunch!
July 2004 WDW offsite-July 2006 WDW offsite-Oct 2006 WDW offsite-Jan 2007 WDW Pop-April 2007 DLR HoJo's-July 2007 WDW Pop Century-Sept 2007 DLR HoJo's-Oct 2007 WDW AS Sports-Dec 2007 WDW Pop Century-Feb 2008 DLR PPH-May 2008 WDW PopCentury-July 2008 WDW POFQ Aug 2008 DLR DLH- Oct 2008 WDW POR- May 2009 WDW Pop- Oct 2009 WDW ASports- Dec 2009 WDW POR- May 2010 DLR @ DLH- July 2010 WDW CR MKV-Sept 2010 CR+MKV July 2011 WDW CR-MKV-Sept 2011 AllStarSports- Dec 2011 WDW Poly CL-Feb 2012 WDW Wilderness Lodge- Sept 2012 WDW AllStarSports - Nov 2012 WDW Wilderness Lodge - Dec 2012 WDW Walt Disney Dolphin :-D
On the radar:
XMAS @ WDW for the WIN!!!!Swan&Dolphin!!!!

mmkk Boo'd me!
woohoo:
Old 12-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #1588
Mouseteacher
Being tagged makes you feel warm and fuzzy!
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

Each person does get a key card. The key has a photo of the swan dolphin resort.

You can purchase Disney tickets at both resorts. They each have a Disney desk in the lobby. The tickets are the paper/card type not plastic.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:15 PM   #1589
valenrandy
From Astroworld to Disneyworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouseteacher View Post
Each person does get a key card. The key has a photo of the swan dolphin resort.

You can purchase Disney tickets at both resorts. They each have a Disney desk in the lobby. The tickets are the paper/card type not plastic.
Thanks!
July 2004 WDW offsite-July 2006 WDW offsite-Oct 2006 WDW offsite-Jan 2007 WDW Pop-April 2007 DLR HoJo's-July 2007 WDW Pop Century-Sept 2007 DLR HoJo's-Oct 2007 WDW AS Sports-Dec 2007 WDW Pop Century-Feb 2008 DLR PPH-May 2008 WDW PopCentury-July 2008 WDW POFQ Aug 2008 DLR DLH- Oct 2008 WDW POR- May 2009 WDW Pop- Oct 2009 WDW ASports- Dec 2009 WDW POR- May 2010 DLR @ DLH- July 2010 WDW CR MKV-Sept 2010 CR+MKV July 2011 WDW CR-MKV-Sept 2011 AllStarSports- Dec 2011 WDW Poly CL-Feb 2012 WDW Wilderness Lodge- Sept 2012 WDW AllStarSports - Nov 2012 WDW Wilderness Lodge - Dec 2012 WDW Walt Disney Dolphin :-D
On the radar:
XMAS @ WDW for the WIN!!!!Swan&Dolphin!!!!

mmkk Boo'd me!
woohoo:
Old 12-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #1590
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

I returned home from the Swan last night. I spent 8 nights at WDW, followed by a 7-night Disney cruise, and then 2 more nights at the Swan! Ray Sharpton spotted me at Off Kilter, but I'm sorry I never connected with Dan Murphy this trip.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: