Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #151
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

about the "rules" with Claire. So true, Henry already does this too!

Lovely pictures...love AKL.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #152
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

All caught up Jenn!

Wasn't Friday (11/2) just a gorgeous day?

You are off to a great start!

I think I have a mind like Skip... The bus driver's name had me thinking what you thought he'd be thinking.
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 01:20 AM   #153
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

All caught up.
AKL what a wonderful resort.
That is funny about the texts as I am the opposite and have always received them.
Oh Mara. I love that place. But do not like the zebra domes. I took one bite and threw the rest out.
It is strange how they write it down.
Nice pool. Never swam in it. I hate that they only have the 1 pool.
Great photos.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:42 AM   #154
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Not sure why I torture myself checking out your update when I can't see pictures, so all I can say is - I'll be back.

Yes - I have noticed that the pool games are quite popular.
Claire was very intrigued by the pool games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I love all of the photos. I had planned to spend the afternoon at AKL the day after Thanksgiving, but I spent longer at Animal Kingdom than I had planned and by the time I got there, the sun was already going down so I did not have the chance to watch the animals.

Corinna
I am really glad we had the time to explore. Actually I would've like even more time there. It's really a neat place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
about the "rules" with Claire. So true, Henry already does this too!

Lovely pictures...love AKL.
I am always given instructions and rules to follow. Most of the time they don't make sense either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
All caught up Jenn!

Wasn't Friday (11/2) just a gorgeous day?

You are off to a great start!

I think I have a mind like Skip... The bus driver's name had me thinking what you thought he'd be thinking.
YAY!

It was a fabulous day. Not too hot, but comfortable for swimming, and not humid at all.

I told him about that busdrivers name when I got home and he grinned right away.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:44 AM   #155
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
All caught up.
AKL what a wonderful resort.
That is funny about the texts as I am the opposite and have always received them.
Oh Mara. I love that place. But do not like the zebra domes. I took one bite and threw the rest out.
It is strange how they write it down.
Nice pool. Never swam in it. I hate that they only have the 1 pool.
Great photos.
We were happy with the resort. Claire was really impressed with it. I think I might of spoiled her a bit this trip.
In my 3 different Disney resort stays on this trip, not a singel text, but my sister got hers right away, go figure.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:04 AM   #156
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

Love the pics! Your TR has made me take a good look at AKL as I start planning a possible adult-girlfriend trip for 2014! At first I was thinking Deluxe on the monorail, but the thought of having all those animals so close - and the pool and the good restaurants ... well it's got me thinking! Thanks!
Isn't it funny how the digital camera era has changed how kids relate to photos! My neices have me snap their picture and then grab the camera to see it before it "goes away" - 'cause if it isn't a good shot, it needs to happen again!

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #157
MEK
DIS Veteran

That was some flamingo overload, but I enjoyed every picture! And I love that hidden hot tub!

More please!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #158
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 View Post
Love the pics! Your TR has made me take a good look at AKL as I start planning a possible adult-girlfriend trip for 2014! At first I was thinking Deluxe on the monorail, but the thought of having all those animals so close - and the pool and the good restaurants ... well it's got me thinking! Thanks!
Isn't it funny how the digital camera era has changed how kids relate to photos! My neices have me snap their picture and then grab the camera to see it before it "goes away" - 'cause if it isn't a good shot, it needs to happen again!
I always debated AKL because it is "far out", but I was happy with our stay this trip. I know it's not great all the time, but for the most part we didn't have too many issues.
I love digital. I used to be so stingy on how many pictures I took to "save" on film. Now I am a wild woman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That was some flamingo overload, but I enjoyed every picture! And I love that hidden hot tub!

More please!
Just a tad of an overload. But they were so fun to just watch. I sometimes get obsessed about things and tek a bunch of pictures. I am sure , well I know, I have more flamingos coming on on a later day.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #159
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I wanted to stay at GF one day as it was my dream resort. Now after staying at AKL, I don't want to stay anywhere else!

I love all the vegetation around the pool & spas, also the outside eating areas are scattered around the area, very private.

I loved talking to the CMs from Africa, learned a bit about them & they were so friendly.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:13 PM   #160
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I wanted to stay at GF one day as it was my dream resort. Now after staying at AKL, I don't want to stay anywhere else!

I love all the vegetation around the pool & spas, also the outside eating areas are scattered around the area, very private.

I loved talking to the CMs from Africa, learned a bit about them & they were so friendly.
I like the decor of the rooms much better at AKL. When touring last summer I really thought the decor was kind of ugly. too old fashioned. But the rest of the resort is beautiful.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #161
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Hey Mom! Look at me! Take a picture! No, while I'm standing n my head! Watch, your not looking! Mom!

Anything like that? Kadence is the same way. I have 6923 pictures of her doing cartwheels during cheer this year.

She thinks AKL is cool, and is in jealous that the animals were so close to your rooms. She also likes Claire's cover up dress.

The grounds are just so nice. It would be a nice place to relax.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #162
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Hey Mom! Look at me! Take a picture! No, while I'm standing n my head! Watch, your not looking! Mom!

Anything like that? Kadence is the same way. I have 6923 pictures of her doing cartwheels during cheer this year.

She thinks AKL is cool, and is in jealous that the animals were so close to your rooms. She also likes Claire's cover up dress.

The grounds are just so nice. It would be a nice place to relax.
yep! And we had to do some of those while she was standing on her head in the pool too!

We got that cover up last spring with the trip in mind. Then we almost never wore it all summer, as BIL lives across the street with a pool and she rarely wears a cover up over. So then I thought it was a waste, but she did wear it a lot on the trip.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #163
Sam33
DIS Veteran

I'm here! AKL is beautiful. We ALMOST decided to stay there this time but decided to save money. We liked where we stayed but I HAVE to get to AKL sometime!
Sam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #164
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33 View Post
I'm here! AKL is beautiful. We ALMOST decided to stay there this time but decided to save money. We liked where we stayed but I HAVE to get to AKL sometime!
Welcome! It was all about saving money and luckily I was able to afford it for one night with a great deal. Normally we wouldn't be able to afford it for sure!
Old 12-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #165
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Claire and I kept on with our exploring.

We found the sign for Simbas kids club and went in search of it.

It appeared to be down a hallway and we gave up fast.

We then went in search of more animals. I believe these shots were taken through a window.

Then we found a porch overlook and we were trying to figure out how to get to it.

And another shot through the window, but this was kind of neat looking.

Heres a porch!

Getting artsy!

Hidden giraffe.

While we stood there, I just took several pictures.

And we kept moving too.

We spotted a few birds.

Another try at an artsy type shot.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: