Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2012, 08:22 AM   #39
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

I avoid them in part because of the germ issue. Why, oh why do people have to lay the entire serving spoon down in the food - handle and all? Not to mention the people who just stick their finger in to get a taste (I saw a person at a salad bar once taste every dressing by sticking the same finger in and licking the dressing off ).

I also avoid them because they are not a good value for me. I am basically a light to moderate eater. One plate of food, without apps and desserts, typically fills me up completely.

Buffets appeal to two groups - those who want to eat a lot, and those whose party can't agree on what type of food to eat so they want the variety to select from. I don't really fit in either group.

At WDW I'm happier with CS dining for the most part, now that it's not all hamburgers and hotdogs.

I carry Wet Ones individually wrapped towelettes with me at WDW and I wait until I have my food or drink in front of me before I use one to wash my hands. If you wash in the restroom before heading to the restaurant, you touch a lot of things before you pick up that dinner roll to start eating. I use one before eating or drinking anything, even a snack. But otherwise, I don't worry about what I touch in the parks all day. So long as I can wash before eating, I generally don't pick up any of the viruses going around (even a few years ago during the huge norovirus outbreak I stayed healthy).
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: