Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #511
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleK1974
Has anyone recently stayed club level at Poly?

We are leaving in 5 days and would love any reviews, opinions, names of outstanding CM's we should keep an eye out for, etc.

Our May CL stay was at BC, but we were Poly CL last year, and we'll also be there next week!! We leave BWI and head to Hawaii next Monday!! We LOVE Poly CL. Lawrence and Barbie are fantastic!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #512
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyndianPrincessJes View Post
Our May CL stay was at BC, but we were Poly CL last year, and we'll also be there next week!! We leave BWI and head to Hawaii next Monday!! We LOVE Poly CL. Lawrence and Barbie are fantastic!
We were there in August. My DS adores Lawrence and looks forward to seeing him each year. We love Jon as well, and chef Eugene.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 07:30 AM   #513
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleK1974 View Post

We are leaving in 5 days and would love any reviews, opinions, names of outstanding CM's we should keep an eye out for, etc.

Stayed end of October beginninng of November this year. I agree that Lawrence (CM) and Eugene (Chef) are two of the most pleasant and agreeable people we encounter. We really miss Kathi. Don't feel uncomfortable knocking on the kitchen door if there is something you want/need and do not see it out. Yogurt, chocolate milk, beer and other items are always available but you have to ask sometimes. It is never a problem. Have a great trip!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #514
NicoleK1974
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermommyof3

Stayed end of October beginninng of November this year. I agree that Lawrence (CM) and Eugene (Chef) are two of the most pleasant and agreeable people we encounter. We really miss Kathi. Don't feel uncomfortable knocking on the kitchen door if there is something you want/need and do not see it out. Yogurt, chocolate milk, beer and other items are always available but you have to ask sometimes. It is never a problem. Have a great trip!
Thanks so much!
Getting sooooo excited!!

Old 12-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #515
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post
Gearing up for my 3rd CL stay at BC in January. Anything new at the lounge since last year? Did I read something about new coffee makers in the CL rooms at BC (maybe a keurig type?)

Also, the only special request I have made in the lounge in advance was for Lactaid milk for a lactose intolerant DH and the son of a friend. I am not able to have caffeine but still really enjoy a caffeine free diet coke. Do you think that is something I could request for the lounge? I am perfectly fine picking up a case myself for the room but I was wondering how accomodating they are...
Bumping this question to see if anyone has an answer...I am a Coke Zero addict, any chance they would offer some if I made a request?
Old 12-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #516
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermommyof3 View Post
YES! My kiddos are chocolate milk fiends, and they're always happy to indulge them. I, on the other hand, am always asking for apple juice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoreds View Post
Bumping this question to see if anyone has an answer...I am a Coke Zero addict, any chance they would offer some if I made a request?
We didn't make requests, per se, but simply inquired about whether or not certain beverages were available. They magically appeared in our room. On every trip since then, too.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #517
CynBeth
DIS Veteran

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy819 View Post

Hello everyone! Booked our first CL room today at the Contemporary! I'm super excited! The CL choice was mainly since we are celebrating my mom's 50th birthday but I'm afraid I might get a little spoiled and want to do it for all of our trips

The trip is over a year away and I'm already getting ansty!
We are staying at CR CL as the second resort of a split stay. We have never stayed CL before. I paid both ressies with my Disney Visa and somehow with this being room only and paying in this manner I was told about a special deal with Atrium CL. I was so excited I missed if the rep said if it was a free upgrade or just a discount. My husband and I are going with my Mom. We have a year until our trip. How many is in your party and where are you from?
Old 12-07-2012, 03:49 PM   #518
uagirl
Oh Toodles!

Quote:

We stayed Poly CL in September. We LOVED it. Sadly, I was too busy chasing a very active 2 year old to get names of the cast members, but we did have several great experiences.

1) I completely forgot to bring swim diapers for DD. All they had in the gift shop were size small and large, and she needed a medium. CL staff sent someone to Publix to pick up a couple of packs of swim diapers for me.

2) One night, we got back late and the lounge was closed. I had planned to get DD some milk, but figured I would have to head over to Capt. Cooks. The CL cast member overheard DD crying as we got off the elevator, called me over and told me she would get me some milk.

3)We watched Wishes in the lounge one night. Alone. No one else was there. The CM brought a plate of cookies and gummies over to us without us even asking.

Me-33 DH-33 Princess C-Bear-3 Princess #2 - Coming July 2014

Old 12-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #519
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

We are completely new to the CL experience. I personally can not wait! We r planning on staying August 25-sept 1 at the BC CL. I would love any advice. We r traveling in 2 rooms;room 1-me,DH DD7,DS2. Room 2-my mom &82 yr. Young grandmother. I would love to hear about anyone experiences CL at BC. The pics I have seen have not shown many of the offerings. To be honest it seems like other CL's are much better with the food selection. But the offer we have I can not pass up the price, so we decided to try it out. any info would be wonderful positive or negative

Me, DH, DD7, DS3

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013
Old 12-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #520
NicoleK1974
Mouseketeer

Just got back from our Club level stay at Poly.

EVERYONE was so great!

Especially Lawrence and Pam.

There was not one thing that we asked for that couldn't be done.

We had requested. 1st floor room and were originally put in a 3rd floor room, and with a quick call, we were booked in the best 1st floor room we could have asked for.

Our room was ready when we got there at about 10:30am.

Offering in the lounge were good and plentiful.

We did have an issue with getting water later in the night, and refused to drink the tap water....it was a little odd smelling, and after I noticed my 4 year old was looking a little dehydrated from so much juice and pop I went upstairs and while they did not have any carafes left, y did give us 4 big cups to get us through the night.
I honestly could not have asked for more.

They have us hooked!

Old 12-15-2012, 11:41 PM   #521
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just got back from our Club level stay at Poly.

EVERYONE was so great!

Especially Lawrence and Pam.

There was not one thing that we asked for that couldn't be done.

We had requested. 1st floor room and were originally put in a 3rd floor room, and with a quick call, we were booked in the best 1st floor room we could have asked for.

Our room was ready when we got there at about 10:30am.

Offering in the lounge were good and plentiful.

We did have an issue with getting water later in the night, and refused to drink the tap water....it was a little odd smelling, and after I noticed my 4 year old was looking a little dehydrated from so much juice and pop I went upstairs and while they did not have any carafes left, y did give us 4 big cups to get us through the night.
I honestly could not have asked for more.

They have us hooked!
Lawrence is FANTASTIC! We always looks forward to seeing him. I can't drink the tap water so I always order a few cases, but we usually go when it's HOT so we use them in the parks as well.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #522
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!

My AKLV CL trip is coming in 70 days Should I be concerned I havent heard anything from CL? I've already got what ADR's I want, so i guess it doesnt matter, but I'm pretty sure when I stayed CL 10/11 that I had a form sent to me

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
Old 12-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #523
emjean
Earning My Ears

First timer to AKL and CL and dialysis!!

I am taking my younger sister to WDW AKL CL from 8 to 15 January 2013 (booked today). She is on peritoneal dialysis...which means she has to do fluid exchanges several times a day. This will be our first time to AKL and CL.

She will have to be in the room quite a bit and I was wondering how to nicely request a room with a good view and near the elevator. Who do I request this through? What is the best approach? And what does IPO stand for?

Thank you so much for your help. This will be her only trip to WDW and I want to make it very special. We both have our birthdays during this trip as well. Can you please make suggestions for any thing special I can arrange as a surprise in the room? Thanks again.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:18 AM   #524
ClareH37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
We are completely new to the CL experience. I personally can not wait! We r planning on staying August 25-sept 1 at the BC CL. I would love any advice. We r traveling in 2 rooms;room 1-me,DH DD7,DS2. Room 2-my mom &82 yr. Young grandmother. I would love to hear about anyone experiences CL at BC. The pics I have seen have not shown many of the offerings. To be honest it seems like other CL's are much better with the food selection. But the offer we have I can not pass up the price, so we decided to try it out. any info would be wonderful positive or negative
I stayed BC CL early December, after previously being a huge fan of BWI CL (I still am), I loved the BC CL The room was immaculately clean and so pretty, the CMs were fabulous and generally the whole CL and resort had a great atmosphere.

I don't tend to make much use of the lounge food offerings but what I saw on the days i did I felt were similar variety wise to other CLs. Breakfast had oatmeal, fruits, eggs and pastries, snacks were potato chips, Swedish fish and
a couple of other things, evening offerings had cheese, crudités, dips, olives and a couple of hot items - the one night I had pre dinner appetisers they had a lovely gazpacho.

The only negative I felt was the size of the lounge for the amount of rooms, it wasn't a problem as my room was only a few doors along and as I said I didn't really make use of it, I understand however there is talk of enlarging it again.

I hope you have a great stay

1992/1994/1995/1997/1999/2001 - Offsite/POFQ * December 2004 - CSR, YC * December 2006 - YC CL * May 2007 - BWI * December 2007 - GF RPC, BWI CL * May 2009 - BWI CL *
May 2010 - BWI CL * November 2011 - BWI CL * December 2012 - BC CL
Old 12-21-2012, 07:24 AM   #525
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for your response. At this point for the offer we have we are going to try it out. And pay OOP for food. In afraid I'm going to get spoiled by the BC CL lol we will see

Me, DH, DD7, DS3

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: