DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #31
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidingmickey View Post
Is there a dress code/age restriction on going up there?
No and No.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #32
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

We were there last week, had dinner at the Wave, and walked over to TotW and brought 4 friends. Needed to show my KTTW key along with my membership card. It was wonderful...we watched the MVMCP fireworks, had a drink.
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #33
Buzzsgramma
DIS Veteran

A stroll down memory lane for sure...DH and I took the kids ,then maybe 9 and 11 (they are now 46 & 44) to Top of the World for dinner one nite...We even danced and Phylis Diller was performing...
She mentioned she would have to" clean up her act" cause there were so many kids up there!
Buzzsgramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #34
RevKjb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
We were there last week, had dinner at the Wave, and walked over to TotW and brought 4 friends. Needed to show my KTTW key along with my membership card. It was wonderful...we watched the MVMCP fireworks, had a drink.
This has been extended thru 2013. As per annual meeting.
Canada

RevKjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #35
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevKjb

With the exception of Dec 30 & 31 and Jul 3 & 4.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 12-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #36
jfair1219
Earning My Ears

We were at WDW last week. We were staying at the Dolphin because we already have used all our points for this year. We went to TOTW with our DVC member cards on 12/6. At the desk the cast member refused us access because we were not staying at a DVC hotel on points. He actually was very rude. When we showed him the card, he barked at us saying "You're not allowed up there". When my husband tried to talk with him, he just shut us down. Even if he refused us in a nice way, it would have been fine, but he was extremely rude. I was surprised a cast member would act like this. So we took our money elsewhere to spend. They lost some income that night.
jfair1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #37
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

I believe you must be staying at a DVC resort along with being a member...they indeed were checking room keys along with the membership cards when we were there.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #38
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfair1219 View Post
We were at WDW last week. We were staying at the Dolphin because we already have used all our points for this year. We went to TOTW with our DVC member cards on 12/6. At the desk the cast member refused us access because we were not staying at a DVC hotel on points. He actually was very rude. When we showed him the card, he barked at us saying "You're not allowed up there". When my husband tried to talk with him, he just shut us down. Even if he refused us in a nice way, it would have been fine, but he was extremely rude. I was surprised a cast member would act like this. So we took our money elsewhere to spend. They lost some income that night.
This is from DVC News (TJKRAZ's site) from the annual member meeting

Quote:
A popular member perk is being extended through 2013. All members staying at Disney Vacation Club resorts using their points can continue to access Bay Lake Tower's Top of the World lounge. Execs stresed that the resort does not have sufficient parking for non-Bay Lake guests wishing to visit the lounge--Disney transportation must be used to reach the resort. Due to expected high crowds, the lounge will be available only to Bay Lake Tower guests on July 3 & 4 and December 30 & 31, 2013.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #39
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevKjb View Post
That is great!

If you are going on the January 10, 2013 MC, we're getting together for a Pre cruise meet up there on the 9th!
Old 12-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #40
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfair1219 View Post
I am guessing you dealt with the same gatekeeper CM I dealt with in late October. We were staying on points at a different DVC resort and he was still very rude, however we were allowed up.
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:09 AM   #41
MinnieLee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
There was NO vote by BLT owners to make the TOTWL Lounge exclusive to BLT Members. Before BLT ever opened the access rules (set by DVC) were in place that the TOTWL was open to ANY DVC Member staying at BLT on their membership (Member Cash or Points).

As BLT Owners since sales started, we have NEVER been asked to vote on anything regarding the TOTWL.

DVC Owners have NO say what so ever in what happens within DVC. By way of our contract we have turned over all voting rights to the board of directors.
Thanks for setting the record straight. We thought it was odd that anything like this would be voted on and then re-voted on. Someone who knows should tell the cast members so that mis-information is not given out to other guests.

MinnieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #42
izzy
"It's not the heat -- it's the stupidity"

OP reporting back. I actually went to the TOTW twice last week. I was staying at the Contemporary. No problem either time - just showed my room key and my DVC membership card. The lounge was quite crowded both nights and people did appear to be ordering drinks, so I was glad to see that they were doing a brisk business.

I'm glad they're leaving this open through 2013. I'll probably go there several times during my two week stay next October.

izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #43
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post
OP reporting back. I actually went to the TOTW twice last week. I was staying at the Contemporary. No problem either time - just showed my room key and my DVC membership card. The lounge was quite crowded both nights and people did appear to be ordering drinks, so I was glad to see that they were doing a brisk business.

I'm glad they're leaving this open through 2013. I'll probably go there several times during my two week stay next October.
Great on all counts! I enjoy seeing the fireworks from up high, so I'll be going there a few times in January and April. I'm with different friends, so I get to go a few times during each long stay.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: