Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #211
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
It's always a said day when you are leaving any Disney resort.

By the way the name of the firetruck in Cars land is Red I think e can be seen mainly as a background charter watering the flowers in the movies.
It is, but luckily I had a trip coming up that I was able to look forward to.

Red? I guess that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
It looks like the trip really ended on a terrific note! Y"all got a lot done and those last few meals really do look yummy! World of Color seems so fun. That's one of the things I'd really like to get to DLR to experience.

It did end well. I liked having the arrival and departure days be non park days. Seems like we had more than 3 days in the parks... but that is all we had. And the last few meals were yes indeed very yummy!!

WOC is a must see!!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #212
KatMark
DIS Veteran

You were just an updating machine today, weren't you?

Your last day sounds wonderful, and glad Steve got to redo some attractions with you that he missed earlier.

I love all the various family photopass pictures; and all of that food looks so yummy. How did you like World of Color?

As always, loved hearing about your trip.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 12:28 AM   #213
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
You were just an updating machine today, weren't you?

Your last day sounds wonderful, and glad Steve got to redo some attractions with you that he missed earlier.

I love all the various family photopass pictures; and all of that food looks so yummy. How did you like World of Color?

As always, loved hearing about your trip.
I figured I best finish up this report. I had written the text portion a while back so it was just a matter of fitting in the pictures. This means I can start a new TR or PTR without feeling like I have something I am neglecting. I think having 2 or three going at a time is a challenge for me. I know some are able to handle it though

I am glad I got the photo pass. Even though the plus was a bit of a pain (but no where near as much as it was in WDW this fall) I am glad I got it.

The food was pretty yummy. Some was not quite as good as in WDW..but it was better than I remember it. (except for the Tigger tail... nothing compares to the original)

WoC was very cool!! VERY cool. I just wish that in DCA or DL they would have stadiums or theaters for these shows rather than standing up and around things. Even fantasmic there is done like this... just gathering around...not getting seats.

I am glad you enjoyed this TR.... maybe I might do one for fall. Who knows. I have been back now for almost 2 months.... aside from my memory fading... maybe it wouldn't be the best of TRs to do.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:01 AM   #214
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Wow! What a lot of updates!!!

I am so stunned with all the pics. DL looks way different than we remember. I am one who REALLY misses the California letters by the way - they were so cool.
I guess I will have to pick your brain A LOT once we start planning our 2014 vacation.
The Nemo ride looks like they really squeeze in people. We did the original submarine ride and I don't remember it being so small.
Sorry Indy was down. I quite like that ride too!

PLUS .... I am very pleased to hear that you are planning to do a PTR. Hope it is for February!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #215
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat
Wow! What a lot of updates!!!

I am so stunned with all the pics. DL looks way different than we remember. I am one who REALLY misses the California letters by the way - they were so cool.
I guess I will have to pick your brain A LOT once we start planning our 2014 vacation.
The Nemo ride looks like they really squeeze in people. We did the original submarine ride and I don't remember it being so small.
Sorry Indy was down. I quite like that ride too!

PLUS .... I am very pleased to hear that you are planning to do a PTR. Hope it is for February!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yup, lots of updates. I really figured I had to get this done

DL looked different to me too... But also very much the same. I just figured it was my perception - remembering more wdw and so it looks different due to that. Maybe not if you too think it looks different.

I think the letters were donated. I think that is pretty cool.

The sub was a tight fit.... But more for my 6 + foot tall guys. For me once I was down the stairs it was fine.

And yes, I am thinking of doing a ptr for feb. I have the resort booked- just not airfare...
Old 11-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #216
tweeter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post

And the ride... oh VERY VERY claustrophobic feeling!!! I am not sure how they get away with cramming so many people into such a small space. Also... I am not sure how anyone who is in a chair gets in. And a larger person? I am a smallish person and had a hard time getting down those stairs into the chamber.

I was a little nervous about being claustophobic on that right also, but I lucked out. Don't know if it was the luck of the draw or a insightful cast member, but I was placed in line so that I was the last to board. I'm 6'4" and a tad heavy around the middle. Even with a camera bag, I had plenty of room.
tweeter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #217
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter

I was a little nervous about being claustophobic on that right also, but I lucked out. Don't know if it was the luck of the draw or a insightful cast member, but I was placed in line so that I was the last to board. I'm 6'4" and a tad heavy around the middle. Even with a camera bag, I had plenty of room.
Maybe That was it. We borded very close to the front if not the front. I can't remember. We had to wait while everyone else loaded. It wasn't too - we survived
Old 11-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #218
MEK
DIS Veteran

Holy Mega Update which I will have to finish tomorrow.

It think its cool how a lot of the queue are outside.

I definitely don't think I could go in that submarine. It looks WAY too claustrophic, although the underwater views are wonderful. Is that man who is holding his face having the start of a panic attack?

Strawberry lemonade - yum.

Splash Mountain single file - I like that.

Oh - I so want to go to DL. I still have to read the second update but have to go to bed. I was trying to get once last quick read in, but yours isn't quick.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:25 AM   #219
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Holy Mega Update which I will have to finish tomorrow.

It think its cool how a lot of the queue are outside.

I definitely don't think I could go in that submarine. It looks WAY too claustrophic, although the underwater views are wonderful. Is that man who is holding his face having the start of a panic attack?

Strawberry lemonade - yum.

Splash Mountain single file - I like that.

Oh - I so want to go to DL. I still have to read the second update but have to go to bed. I was trying to get once last quick read in, but yours isn't quick.
I actually am not sure I like the outside queues. I think it makes it hard to get out of the elements....

The sub ride is pretty short... so it is doable. The underwater view is kinda fun. I just wish there was a bit more "Nemo" to it.

Single file on SM and on the Matterhorn use to bug me a bit when there was not the divider. Who wants to get real personal with their neighbor? I also think SM has a longer drop in DL... but I could be wrong.

Glad you were able to read a bit... take your time getting back to the rest if you want... I am sure this isn't going anywhere too soon.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:43 AM   #220
MEK
DIS Veteran

OK - decided to finish up this morning.

Love all the PP pics of Zoe and the entire family. Also love the one where she is posing with the hat . Too cute.

Carsland - have to see it!

WOC - have to see it.

Darn - I have to see both places. It really looks so cool.

Oh - and the food - yum, especially lunch on your last day.

Can't wait for your next TR.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #221
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK
OK - decided to finish up this morning.

Love all the PP pics of Zoe and the entire family. Also love the one where she is posing with the hat . Too cute.

Carsland - have to see it!

WOC - have to see it.

Darn - I have to see both places. It really looks so cool.

Oh - and the food - yum, especially lunch on your last day.

Can't wait for your next TR.
DLR is so close for me ( compared to wdw). In theory, I could fly down and back in one day and still have a pretty full day in the park. WDW is my favorite though. It is much more immersive. DLR will never be able to be than completely due to it location. Don't get me wrong- once inside the park the outside world does still melt away. I could just do with ought the panhandlers right outside the entrance.

That being said what they have done to DCA (in my opinion) is quite amazing! I am sure I have said it, but I am not at all a cars movie fan. No one in the family is. Yet we all LoVED cards land!

The food was more impressive this time than it has been on previous trips. Kinda wish there was a real dp... And not just vouchers for meals (that I think you en up losing money on rather than saving)

Glad you enjoyed the tr... As for another... I am close to starting one for my most recent trip to wdw (only 2 months after returning). The trip was amazing in many ways but ended up with me losing a friend so it will be a bit emotional for me to write and I will have to try hard keep those details as objective as possible. Hence why I have not yet started.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #222
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)

Great report as always, Ann! Thanks for sharing with us. I'd like to get back to DLR one day.

Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
swwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:41 AM   #223
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwake View Post
Great report as always, Ann! Thanks for sharing with us. I'd like to get back to DLR one day.
Glad you enjoyed!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: