Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #466
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

I allowed 2 days after our trip to get back into the usual routine. I was still wanting to jump in bed a 3 in the afternoon though! I definitely couldn't jump straight back to work, though I wish I could so I wouldn't have to take 2 extra days annual leave D:
Old 12-15-2012, 03:49 AM   #467
battymum
DIS Veteran

Everyone is different I suppose, but my family was horribly jet lagged when we got over there and struggled to get out of bed each day. On return was fantastic, we were up at 5:00am ready to go! We got back on Wednesday at 11:00am - emptied the suitcases into the washing machines, I was in bed by 2:30 and slept until 4:30am! DH went to work that day and I went on Friday - would definitely always maximise my away time!!
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2012, 04:39 AM   #468
Jade+3
DIS Veteran

We also prefer our holiday time away, than at home. Last year we arrived home Saturday morning, then back to work/school on Monday. That worked really well.

Flying out, I prefer to leave on Friday or Saturday. Unfortunately we have weekend commitments so will not be able to leave here until Monday. I feel like I am losing a few days away.
Carnival Imagination - September 2011
Freedom of the Seas - September 2013
Jade+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #469
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Welcome to this thread L-Harper.....

(You DO know that you're on the Australia/New Zealand board? But hey......no one notices that 7000 miles on the Dis).

No, I actually didn't know. Well, I will be ducking out of this thread then. Sadly, I am not from your part of the world.

Please vote for my photo in the DIS photo contest! {HERE}
L-Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #470
battymum
DIS Veteran

Oh we talk to anybody over here! As long as you appreciate sarcasm!
Old 12-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #471
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymum View Post
Oh we talk to anybody over here! As long as you appreciate sarcasm!
oh nice...scare her off will you........ and we dont get visitors too often already....we really need to work on our greetings...

Last edited by australiankaren; 12-15-2012 at 06:27 PM.
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #472
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Harper View Post
No, I actually didn't know. Well, I will be ducking out of this thread then. Sadly, I am not from your part of the world.
Why? We're all still heading to WDW in October!

Feel free to hang out with us (but as the others have pointed out.....you may need to appreciate sarcasm. It's like snarky only more sarcastic.)

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:47 AM   #473
5ofus
DIS Veteran

I'm finding it hard to get in full on planning mode. I really want to book my flights!

I'm a little weird about this trip too - the boys will be 2,4 and 6. I'll have a six year old and no baby!!! Why do they grow up so fast?

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #474
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus
I'm finding it hard to get in full on planning mode. I really want to book my flights!

I'm a little weird about this trip too - the boys will be 2,4 and 6. I'll have a six year old and no baby!!! Why do they grow up so fast?
I know what you mean. I went to see my day old nephew yesterday in the hospital and I couldn't believe that it was over 5 years ago that my son was that tiny. Where does time go? Not that I'm complaining too much. I don't think I could ever go through that whole baby stage again - I like my sleep too much :-)

As for the flights, I also struggle with planning mode until they're booked. Partly because of the way they secure dates, but mainly because they make my holiday feel more real. They aren't easy to cancel or change like most hotels, cruises etc, so once there locked in - that's it, I'm definitely going.

The more I lock in, the more detailed my planning is becoming. Now that all my flights (bar one domestic) and all my accommodation is sorted, I'm now at the sorting out transfers and looking at menus stage.

If anyone has any must-eat places for WDW (table service and counter service) please let me know. I can't start making ADR's until 1st April, but I'm trying to get a rough idea now where we want to book so I can price out menus and check that we are definitely best to eat off plan.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #475
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post

I know what you mean!!! I want February to roll around so we can book, Book, BOOK! it definately makes everything feel more final! Then all we will have to worry about is getting tickets, waiting for MNSSHP and HHN dates to be released and then book tickets to those and reserve our dining. Planning is so much more fun once it comes around to playing with the final itinerary!
Old 12-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #476
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

i couldnt help it...

i needed to book SOMETHING...so booked my car hire...got a great price and dont have to pay till we get there....hopefully when feb rolls around the airfare will be dirt cheap and we can all be put out of our misery.....
Old 12-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #477
battymum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post

There is still time!! (just...)
Old 12-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #478
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymum View Post
There is still time!! (just...)

Dear God no! After the week we've just had (and are still having) the thought of four kids...

Hey Karen, who'd you book your car through? I think we're going to try and get one-way cars, although I'm still contemplating keeping the car in Vegas - thoughts?

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #479
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

We have booked our car ( for the full 29 days) through National ( luxury full size car, with pick up and drop off at LAX).
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW planned!

Last edited by Caroline NZ; 12-16-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #480
australiankaren

i use budget..intermediate size...no clown cars for us now!

and thru www.mousesavers.com I use their codes (code W810011)...saves me about 40-50% list price..

we do 2 lots of hires:
DTD to cape canaveral (6 days)$272 incl taxes
shuttle to boat
cape canaveral to MCO (5 days)$198 incl taxes
shuttle from boat

this code is valid for 2013....in florida only I think

the other car hires were about $100- $150 more even using discount codes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: