Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #196
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Wow I'm late! I would love to spend Thanksgiving at WDW some of these days. I love the Christmas decorations! We were lucky enough to see several of the early ones in November and we were able to see the first night of the Osborne Lights. So magical!

Jill in CO
Old 12-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #197
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Wow I'm late! I would love to spend Thanksgiving at WDW some of these days. I love the Christmas decorations! We were lucky enough to see several of the early ones in November and we were able to see the first night of the Osborne Lights. So magical!

Jill in CO
Better late than never, though, right ?? I am glad you are here !!

Yes, we really loved it there at Thanksgiving. It was busy, but we worked around the crowds like any good disser does. We love the World all decorated up for Christmas. It gives everything that extra special magic, I think.

And the Osborne Lights are just awesome !!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #198
MEK
DIS Veteran

Ah - the Hollywood studio Christmas tree - Love it!

And I love your DD's headband.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-14-2012, 10:16 PM   #199
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Ah - the Hollywood studio Christmas tree - Love it!

And I love your DD's headband.
It is amazing. I was trying to get through the bag check and I asked DH to take "some" photos of the tree. He got one. Sigh. I wanted lots. Close ups of the ornaments and stuff. I had less control over the camera because I had to use my hands for operating the scooter and when a picture I had to stop and take one. Instead of the good old days when I could walk and take photos at the same time. I will get back to being mobile one day.

I didn't really get a good close-up of it, but it has Mickey heads all over it. It is super cute.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #200
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 4 – Part 2

Then we headed over to get some snacks.

DH and the kids got a pretzel and a churro while I waited in a LONG line here

For a carrot cake cookie.

I wanted some coffee, too, but they said it would be a few more minutes before more was ready. So I passed.

Back to this cookie. Seriously yummy stuff. Moist carrot cake with cream cheese frosting inside. Sooo good !!

Since I waited so long, DH and the kids had already finished their snacks. After our snacks,

After that, DD wanted her face painted.

While she was doing that, DH and DS went over to see the New Pirates of the Caribbean attraction.

They said it was just OK. Something to do once and then nothing to go back and do over and over. DH said there were some neat effects, but it was just OK.

DD’s finished face painting.

Then it was time for our Toy Story Mania fast passes.

Since we were in the handicap area, we had to wait a while. It was fine though. I just took photos.

After that, we cruised the shops on the way out. DD got a vinylmation.

And these chocolate coins

She loves these things. They are just chocolate in foil, but she loves them.
After that, we went out to the Friendship Boats

We were headed over to Epcot because we had a ressie for a late lunch at Le Cellier !!

Old 12-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #201
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Hey there!

I'm going back to get caught up. I've only been able to DIS seriously for one day a week because of my work schedule, so I have to catch up. In the meantime though......

Here are our side shot pictures Jeni took of our meet. Not the best, but what can you do. Your DS definitely pulled a little Ansel Adams out of his pocket.

I also got to our meet on my TR, so come on over to check it out.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #202
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Catch up time!

Wow, your friend got some AWESOME pictures during the safari!

I just love Camp Minnie Mickey at Christmastime, especially all of the characters in their Christmas costumes!

The crew neck you got is awesome. I saw that one everywhere, but didn’t end up getting it. ):

The Animal Kingdom Christmas tree is probably my favorite!

The castle lights…how I love thee.

I’m sorry your dinner wasn’t good. I have heard great things about the Café, but those reviews were for breakfast, so I don’t know.

Disney cinnamon rolls ♥

Wow, 3 times on RnR?! Sounds like Heaven to me!

I just love the Writer’s Stop. It feels so cozy in there and it has food, so what more is there to ask for?!

I have heard some awful things about the new Pirates attraction. Just something to do once, I guess.

I LOVE the Remy vinyl!
Old 12-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #203
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Okay, I'm getting caught up now. Man, this once a week thing is killing me!

I have been so tempted to take the Epcot Segway tour. We went on one in Chicago that was so much fun. Jeni and I had actually commented on the tour when we were there. We thought it would be a good time.

Hahaha, he got those three photos only? Men, I tell you.

That amazing that they really have a huge warehouse in Japan for a coaster! There were rumors of a Mt. Fuji coaster for years. Man. Now I'm wondering what could have been.....

Gorilla butt! Sorry, I can't resist whenever I see it.

Those were some really great safari pics. We didn't make it on the safari, but Jeni would have a fit, because she LLLOOOVVVEESSS hippos.

Awesome that your DD's Pluto hat was signed by the man himself. That just makes it more special.

Hahahaha. That lady cracking up about the photo bomb is hilarious. We're thinking about having a photobomb extravaganza in July.

I remember when you were there waiting for the castle lighting. We were there too, having our incredibly filling dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. No joke. We couldn't walk.

I'm sorry your meal at Grand Floridian Cafe wasn't good. We've eaten there a few times and it's always been very yummy. I hate that it seems like it went downhill.

Wait, what? She charged you for the meal and took your credits. Um....no, my drinks should be free at this point. And yes, you can use your Tables in Wonderland for drinks and be on the dining plan. I've done it before.

Hey hey, we were at DHS at the same time, EMH. I wonder if we crossed paths at all.

Mmmmm, carrot cake cookie. It's some amazing stuff, let me tell you.

Your DD got a pretty good Pixar vinyl. I got Big Baby. Hahaha. Lame.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #204
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Hey there!

I'm going back to get caught up. I've only been able to DIS seriously for one day a week because of my work schedule, so I have to catch up. In the meantime though......

Here are our side shot pictures Jeni took of our meet. Not the best, but what can you do. Your DS definitely pulled a little Ansel Adams out of his pocket.

I also got to our meet on my TR, so come on over to check it out.
Hahahahaha. Good stuff. I will say .... Jeni made me look less fat, so I like them. I will over in a few to check it out !!
Old 12-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #205
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
Catch up time!

Wow, your friend got some AWESOME pictures during the safari!

She really did !! I never get good photos like that.

I just love Camp Minnie Mickey at Christmastime, especially all of the characters in their Christmas costumes!

I have never been to Camp Minnie Mickey before, DH and DS just aren't that into the characters, so we have always skipped it. I was really glad we took the time to get over there this time.

The crew neck you got is awesome. I saw that one everywhere, but didn’t end up getting it. ):

I only saw them in a couple of places, so I figured I should grab one while I had the chance.

The Animal Kingdom Christmas tree is probably my favorite!

It really is cool. Has the neatest ornaments on it.

The castle lights…how I love thee.

For realz. They were awesome. I was glad we took the time to do that.

I’m sorry your dinner wasn’t good. I have heard great things about the Café, but those reviews were for breakfast, so I don’t know.

I don't know either. Maybe it was an off night. I dunno. It isn't likele we will head back there for a while.

Disney cinnamon rolls ♥

Word. Cinnamon rolls rock.

Wow, 3 times on RnR?! Sounds like Heaven to me!

Yeah. He said after three, he was getting kinda squishy, so it was time to stop.

I just love the Writer’s Stop. It feels so cozy in there and it has food, so what more is there to ask for?!

Yes, it is a super cool little place. It was crazy crowded in there that day. though.

I have heard some awful things about the new Pirates attraction. Just something to do once, I guess.

Yes, DH and DS said it was kinda "meh". I would try it once thought to see what it is all about.

I LOVE the Remy vinyl!

We love the vinylmations. DD especially loves to trade them.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #206
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Okay, I'm getting caught up now. Man, this once a week thing is killing me!

I know what you mean. I feel like there is so much to catch up on if I miss a few days.

I have been so tempted to take the Epcot Segway tour. We went on one in Chicago that was so much fun. Jeni and I had actually commented on the tour when we were there. We thought it would be a good time.

When my ankle gets better, I want to to this myself. DH still talks about it and how much he enjoyed it.

Hahaha, he got those three photos only? Men, I tell you.

Yeah. I tols him how lame that was. But I can understand that he was really into the experience and kinda needed two hands for driving.

That amazing that they really have a huge warehouse in Japan for a coaster! There were rumors of a Mt. Fuji coaster for years. Man. Now I'm wondering what could have been.....

No kidding. Dang, that would be amazing if they had built that coaster.

Gorilla butt! Sorry, I can't resist whenever I see it.

Hahahaha. I don't know if you are old enough to remember that show called Not Necessarily the News. I think it was on HBO back in the day. Anyway, they always had this segment about sniglets which are made up words. Sniglets (Snig'lit: Any Word That Doesn't Appear in the Dictionary, But Should) Here's an example. Bovilexia. (noun) (bo vil EKS e uh) The uncontrollable urge to lean out the car window and yell "Moo!!" every time you pass a cow. So I guess my point here is I wonder what the sniglet would be for the uncontrollable urge to yell "Gorilla butt!" ??

Those were some really great safari pics. We didn't make it on the safari, but Jeni would have a fit, because she LLLOOOVVVEESSS hippos.

She really did get some great shots. I am so glad she shared them with us.

Awesome that your DD's Pluto hat was signed by the man himself. That just makes it more special.

She was super sumped to have him sign her hat. She loves that hat even more now

Hahahaha. That lady cracking up about the photo bomb is hilarious. We're thinking about having a photobomb extravaganza in July.

She was totally photo bombing these people right on the middle of Main Street USA. It was seriously hilarious. You can see how hard she was laughing. I was, too. It was a great moment.

I remember when you were there waiting for the castle lighting. We were there too, having our incredibly filling dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. No joke. We couldn't walk.

I remember chatting with you on facebook about it. DH was really nervous about us being late for our ADR, but I felt like it would be worth it and to me, it really was. And we were late, but it wasn't a problem at all.

I'm sorry your meal at Grand Floridian Cafe wasn't good. We've eaten there a few times and it's always been very yummy. I hate that it seems like it went downhill.

We were really disappointed, too. The last time we ate there it was amazing. Maybe they were having an off night.

Wait, what? She charged you for the meal and took your credits. Um....no, my drinks should be free at this point. And yes, you can use your Tables in Wonderland for drinks and be on the dining plan. I've done it before.

Maybe she was new. I can't tell ya. But if I had been there ??? We would have gotten our discount on the those drinks. She was clueless. And kinda rude.

Hey hey, we were at DHS at the same time, EMH. I wonder if we crossed paths at all.

For realz. We were missing each other all over the place. I hope we can meet again sometime. I am sure it will happen.

Mmmmm, carrot cake cookie. It's some amazing stuff, let me tell you.

Food straight from heaven. So, so good !!

Your DD got a pretty good Pixar vinyl. I got Big Baby. Hahaha. Lame.

We have had Big Baby before too. But we traded him away. We see him a lot in the trading boxes. Along with Phil from Hercules. No one seems to want him either...
Old 12-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #207
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 4 – part 3

On our way to Epcot for our ressie at Le Cellier.

We disembarked and saw a few things in World Showcase.

DH got us a Grey Goose Slushie !!

Nectar of the gods !!

DD was ready to move on.

Hidden Mickey in Morocco.

Japan

Italy

Hidden Mickey in the fountain.

Germany

Hidden Mickey in the bushes there.

At this point we ran into my BFF and her DD. They were spending the day seeing the Christmas story tellers. They were on the way to see one and we had our ressie coming up soon, so we hugged and said goodbye. We had a few more minutes and The Monkey King – the China story - was just getting started. So we sat down and watched him.

He was very energetic and funny.

Then it was time for our ADR. So we headed around to Canada to check in.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #208
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Oh man, sorry your dinner at GFC wasn't great.

I've never been in a Basin store but I really want to! I just imagine it smelling so good, and bath bombs sound so relaxing!

Sounds like fun at DHS.

The Monkey King is the one story teller that I've seen for more than a few seconds, but still haven't seen the whole thing. What I saw of his show was really fun though. He really gets into it!
Old 12-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #209
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Oh man, sorry your dinner at GFC wasn't great.

I've never been in a Basin store but I really want to! I just imagine it smelling so good, and bath bombs sound so relaxing!

Sounds like fun at DHS.

The Monkey King is the one story teller that I've seen for more than a few seconds, but still haven't seen the whole thing. What I saw of his show was really fun though. He really gets into it!
Yeah, we were really bummed about GFC. Our last meal there in Sept. 2011 was REALLY amazing. This was the opposite for sure. Oh well, can't win them all, I guess.

We love Basin !! I highly recommend the bath bombs. Seriously, they have some that smell like Soarin'. The oranges and the ocean scenes. You can get about seven of them in one of those tubes for about $20. We love them !!

DHS was a good morning. You can always get so much done at EMH.

We enjoyed the Monkey King. He was very entertaining. Now, I want to go see them all. My BFF said they were all amazing. She mentioned that I would really like the Norway one, I will have to ask her to let us know which ones were the best.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:09 PM   #210
MEK
DIS Veteran

Love those carrot cake cookies.

Cute face painting job.

Yum - Le Cellier. Can't wait to hear about that meal.

Lovely pictures of the world showcase.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: