Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
bgula
DIS Veteran

Ticket question - AP renewal with 7-day ticket

OK - we are heading to DW in a few days and my DS's AP is up for renewal. I have a 7-day base ticket which I got thru Airmiles. Before I head to Guest Relations, I just want to make sure I can do what I want to do.

First things first - can I renew his AP using the value of the 7-day ticket, or do I have to upgrade the 7-day ticket to a new AP? I have reviewed CF's ticket guide just today, but I don't see this option covered. I think it was a couple of years ago in the guide, but I don't see it anymore, which is why I'm not sure what avenue I can go.

Anyway, if I assume for now that I can renew, here's what my math tells me. This is, of course, after using the ticket once to bridge it.

Value of 7-day adult ticket = $288

AP renewal - $529

AP - 7-day = $241

So, I should have to pay an extra $241 + tax to renew his annual pass.

Does this sound correct? Any problems with this plan?
'06 - FW (Summer), POP (Halloween), CS/POP (Christmas) '07 - POP (March Break & Victoria Day Weekend), FW (summer), ASMu (Halloween), POP (Christmas) '08 - 4-Day Disney Cruise & POP (March Break), POP (Victoria Day Weekend), FW (Summer), FW (Christmas) '09 - 7-Day Disney Cruise (March Break), FW (Summer), FW (Christmas) '10 - 14-Day EB TA Disney Cruise, POP (Christmas) '11 4-Day Dream Cruise + CB, FW (Summer), FW (Christmas) '12 - 7-Day Magic Cruise (March), FW (Summer), FW (Christmas) '13 - 4-Day Dream Cruise + PORS, FW (Summer), FW (Christmas) '14 - 7-Day Fantasy Cruise, FW (Summer), FW (Christmas)

bgula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

It *should* be fine.

But know your numbers. Write it all down. Bring that piece of paper with you. Don't leave anything to chance or memory.

The one BIG issue reported here, about 2 years ago, was caused by CMs not knowing their jobs while someone was renewing their AP using a ticket like you are doing. Ultimately, it should have all been OK, but the CMs really really REALLY made it seem like it shouldn't have happened.

So know your stuff, and don't be afraid to take your tickets back and just walk away from the situation.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #15-G (and, to an extent, 18-C), you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #4
bgula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #15-G (and, to an extent, 18-C), you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!
Thanks - I did review it, but did miss the small bit at the end of 15-G. It's what I remember from when I tried this a few years ago, but was denied - and because the ticket had been used for a couple of days, they wouldn't credit me the full amount of the ticket. I'm not going to "buckle under" this time.
'06 - FW (Summer), POP (Halloween), CS/POP (Christmas) '07 - POP (March Break & Victoria Day Weekend), FW (summer), ASMu (Halloween), POP (Christmas) '08 - 4-Day Disney Cruise & POP (March Break), POP (Victoria Day Weekend), FW (Summer), FW (Christmas) '09 - 7-Day Disney Cruise (March Break), FW (Summer), FW (Christmas) '10 - 14-Day EB TA Disney Cruise, POP (Christmas) '11 4-Day Dream Cruise + CB, FW (Summer), FW (Christmas) '12 - 7-Day Magic Cruise (March), FW (Summer), FW (Christmas) '13 - 4-Day Dream Cruise + PORS, FW (Summer), FW (Christmas) '14 - 7-Day Fantasy Cruise, FW (Summer), FW (Christmas)

Old 12-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
bgula
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to post that I did the renewal today at the MK GR and the guy was great. No problem using the 7-day to renew the AP. He even bridged the ticket without me having to go thru the gate with it first. Hope this helps someone else in the future.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:43 AM   #6
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgula View Post
Just wanted to post that I did the renewal today at the MK GR and the guy was great. No problem using the 7-day to renew the AP.

He even bridged the ticket without me having to go thru the gate with it first.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.
Congrats on getting this accomplished.

However, why did you attempt to do the upgrade BEFORE using your ticket to go into a park?
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:51 AM   #7
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

That sounds right Make sure that you know the exact numbers when you go to upgrade your ticket. If the person says it can't be done, or it should be more, ask to speak to a supervisor or walk away and go somewhere else. There have been countless threads with people being overcharged and CM's saying it's more because you haven't bought the ticket through Disney ect.

Quote:
OK - we are heading to DW in a few days and my DS's AP is up for renewal. I have a 7-day base ticket which I got thru Airmiles. Before I head to Guest Relations, I just want to make sure I can do what I want to do.

First things first - can I renew his AP using the value of the 7-day ticket, or do I have to upgrade the 7-day ticket to a new AP? I have reviewed CF's ticket guide just today, but I don't see this option covered. I think it was a couple of years ago in the guide, but I don't see it anymore, which is why I'm not sure what avenue I can go.

Anyway, if I assume for now that I can renew, here's what my math tells me. This is, of course, after using the ticket once to bridge it.

Value of 7-day adult ticket = $288

AP renewal - $529

AP - 7-day = $241

So, I should have to pay an extra $241 + tax to renew his annual pass.

Does this sound correct? Any problems with this plan?

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:38 PM   #8
bgula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Congrats on getting this accomplished.

However, why did you attempt to do the upgrade BEFORE using your ticket to go into a park?
Mine and my wife's renewal AP's had to be picked up at GR before we could enter the park, so I decided to ask and see what GR would say when I told them what I was planning on doing. The guy agreed that it would work in that manner and offered to handle the transaction at that time, which was great as it saved having to line up again.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:31 AM   #9
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Mine and my wife's renewal AP's had to be picked up at GR before we could enter the park, so I decided to ask and see what GR would say when I told them what I was planning on doing. The guy agreed that it would work in that manner and offered to handle the transaction at that time, which was great as it saved having to line up again.
That's great.
Thanks for explaining.

I didn't want anyone reading to think that this was some sort of new policy, and anyone could automatically get the correct upgrade price without using the ticket first.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: