Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 01:43 PM   #586
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesecup317 View Post
what did I say that was rude I only stated the obvious. this seems to be a conversation that is going nowhere because my main point is that the list is NOT A SPOILER. just because we talk about what might happen next season does not mean that any of it is true. I don't know about anyone else here but I don't work for CBS so I don't have any inside info. I think everyone should relax.
LOL, we seem to have this conversation on every thread where "no spoilers" is the rule.

Has CBS come out and made an official announcement as to next season's cast?? NO. Until it's been publicized, we don't want to hear rumors, speculations, or whatever posted in this thread.

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 Her Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife, #16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know, #24 Her Daughter's Dream, #25 The Leisure Seeker, #26 Rainshadow Road, #27 The Art of Hearing Heartbeats, #28 Little Bee, #29 The Art Forger, #30 One Plus One, #31 Double Whammy, #32 The Girl You Left Behind, #33 Orphan Train, #34 Big Little Lies, #35 The Good Girl, #36 The Girl with All the Gifts, #37 Outlander, #38 Lucid, #39 You, #40 Dragonfly in Amber

Currently reading: #41 Voyager

threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #587
Reesecup317
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom

LOL, we seem to have this conversation on every thread where "no spoilers" is the rule.

Has CBS come out and made an official announcement as to next season's cast?? NO. Until it's been publicized, we don't want to hear rumors, speculations, or whatever posted in this thread.
talking about speculations and rumors is a part of the fun. I think my position is clear at this point. I think Denise is going to win whether Malcolm is on next season or not.
Reesecup317 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #588
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post

I always took the "no spoilers" label as a warning for the current season. Nothing is being spoiled by seeing who one person feels will be on the next season.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #589
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
I always took the "no spoilers" label as a warning for the current season. Nothing is being spoiled by seeing who one person feels will be on the next season.
I believe if players from the current season are in rumors about next season, that would violate the intent of the "no spoilers" request
Old 12-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #590
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
I believe if players from the current season are in rumors about next season, that would violate the intent of the "no spoilers" request

Why it doesn't tell you anything about what happened this season?
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #591
izzy
"It's not the heat -- it's the stupidity"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake

Seriously? Coming in just before the finale in which he's competing and saying oh, btw, Malcolm is gonna be on the next season, called 'Redemption' isn't a giant spoiler?
Nope

izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #592
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
talking about speculations and rumors is a part of the fun. I think my position is clear at this point. I think Denise is going to win whether Malcolm is on next season or not.
I don't know how to make this clearer - speculation and rumours are SPOILERS. They may be true. Those of us who do not want to be spoiled do NOT go looking for speculation and rumours about the outcome, the next season before the current one is over, the boot list, etc., etc. Those are what are considered, all over the Internet, to be spoilers.

If that's part of the fun, find a thread where spoilers are welcome, or start a thread for spoiler discussion and keep it there - also please do not go from one thread to the other and say stuff in a non-spoiler thread like 'well, that's if X will be there at the end, I don't think he's going to last another week!' because you read a boot list in the spoiler thread that has him out next week. That is spoiling. Even if it's all 'just rumour.'
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #593
Reesecup317
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I don't know how to make this clearer - speculation and rumours are SPOILERS. They may be true. Those of us who do not want to be spoiled do NOT go looking for speculation and rumours about the outcome, the next season before the current one is over, the boot list, etc., etc. Those are what are considered, all over the Internet, to be spoilers.

If that's part of the fun, find a thread where spoilers are welcome, or start a thread for spoiler discussion and keep it there - also please do not go from one thread to the other and say stuff in a non-spoiler thread like 'well, that's if X will be there at the end, I don't think he's going to last another week!' because you read a boot list in the spoiler thread that has him out next week. That is spoiling. Even if it's all 'just rumour.'
you are very clear I just disagree. drawing conclusions with out evidence is what happens when you discuss a show. every week survivor shows scenes from the next episode and everyone speculates about what will happen and who will be voted out based on those scenes I can't remember the last time those scenes predicted what was actually going to happen. you still know as much as you did at the end of the last episode Malcolm is still on the show and the next season hasn't been announced yet.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #594
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Why it doesn't tell you anything about what happened this season?
I believe it does.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #595
PixieDust32
♥ Live ♥ Love♥ Disney ♥

Quote:
who cares if Malcolm's name is on the list you can google survivor 26 right now and get no less than 10 different lists that don't mean anything until CBS oficially makes the announcement.

Jesus, take it easy people, its just a rumor about a tv show, there are way more important things in this world than this. Sorry if I offended anyone it wasn't my intention.

Instagram: roxyy39

PixieDust32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #596
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDust32 View Post

Jesus, take it easy people, its just a rumor about a tv show, there are way more important things in this world than this. Sorry if I offended anyone it wasn't my intention.
Don't worry one second about it, You did nothing wrong.
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #597
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
you are very clear I just disagree. drawing conclusions with out evidence is what happens when you discuss a show. every week survivor shows scenes from the next episode and everyone speculates about what will happen and who will be voted out based on those scenes I can't remember the last time those scenes predicted what was actually going to happen. you still know as much as you did at the end of the last episode Malcolm is still on the show and the next season hasn't been announced yet.
You realize Survivor doesn't spoil itself, right?

This is the basic definition of spoiler you're "disagreeing" with.

There is a vast difference between network promos - designed and edited to tease but not actually spoil the ending - and the rumours running around the Internet, which ARE designed to spoil the ending.

That's why there are spoiler sites, boards, rumours and threads. Some people enjoy knowing, speculating if the boot list is true, etc. Those people WANT spoilers.

Others do NOT. It is not rocket science to keep these two populations separate and saying 'who cares, you don't know if it's true,' is ridiculous. If no one here cared, the thread wouldn't have "no spoilers" in the actual title. There are "spoilers welcome" threads. Speculate *there.*
Old 12-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #598
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post

This.

Official, network-released information = not spoiler.

Everything else = spoiler.

That's how it works, everyplace.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #599
PixieDust32
♥ Live ♥ Love♥ Disney ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
Don't worry one second about it, You did nothing wrong.
Thank you.

Instagram: roxyy39

PixieDust32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:51 PM   #600
Reesecup317
Earning My Ears

Quote:

You realize Survivor doesn't spoil itself, right?

This is the basic definition of spoiler you're "disagreeing" with.

There is a vast difference between network promos - designed and edited to tease but not actually spoil the ending - and the rumours running around the Internet, which ARE designed to spoil the ending.

That's why there are spoiler sites, boards, rumours and threads. Some people enjoy knowing, speculating if the boot list is true, etc. Those people WANT spoilers.

Others do NOT. It is not rocket science to keep these two populations separate and saying 'who cares, you don't know if it's true,' is ridiculous. If no one here cared, the thread wouldn't have "no spoilers" in the actual title. There are "spoilers welcome" threads. Speculate *there.*
I don't disagree about what a spoiler is I just don't agree that you have been spoiled. where are the spoilers. did I miss the post where someone told you who wins survivor. I think a spoiler is something that gives you real information. Obviously there is a real disagreement about what people think spoils the show because the person posted the list thinking that they weren't spoiling the show and ONCE AGAIN they haven't spoiled the show because you still do not know who is going to win.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: