Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #61
Ceila
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,794

The smell of cooked broccoli is awful to me - like stinky socks. I have no idea why, it just does. But, my husband and kids love it, so of course not only is it not banned, but I make it fairly often for them.
Ceila is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #62
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 12,840

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokat76 View Post
Anything transplantable, as in liver or any other organs. My gag reflex knows what it is no matter how you try to disguise it.
My father-in-law loves all that stuff, heart too. I got in trouble a few years back for bringing a deer to his house to cool. He asked, "where's the liver?". I said, "In the woods where it belongs". Next night the phone rings & it's my mother-in-law. FIL is enjoying his nice liver supper. He went out to the woods that morning & retrieved the liver & had MIL cook it up for him. MIL let him have all of it
__________________
Gumbo4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-13-2012, 10:26 PM   #63
Elmo9607
DIS Veteran
 
Elmo9607's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seneca, IL
Posts: 650

Cheddar popcorn!

I ate some the day I got the stomach flu last year, and I have not been able to even smell it since. My DBF had the same popcorn I ate the day I got sick in the car the other day and I had to roll the windows down to get it to air out because the smell was making me nauseous! It wasn't the popcorns fault I was sick, but still. Ewwwww.

I have since informed him it can only be eaten in well-ventilated areas
__________________
October 1996 Christmas/New Year's 2004 Spring Break 2006 Christmas/New Year's 2006 Christmas/New Year's 2007 Christmas/New Year's 2008 Christmas/New Year's 2010

College Program at Cosmic Ray's January 2011-May 2011
Elmo9607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:44 PM   #64
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 12,840

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo9607 View Post
Cheddar popcorn!

I ate some the day I got the stomach flu last year, and I have not been able to even smell it since. My DBF had the same popcorn I ate the day I got sick in the car the other day and I had to roll the windows down to get it to air out because the smell was making me nauseous! It wasn't the popcorns fault I was sick, but still. Ewwwww.

I have since informed him it can only be eaten in well-ventilated areas
I have a similar relationship with Southern Comfort LOL.
__________________
Gumbo4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:07 AM   #65
cornflake
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceila View Post
The smell of cooked broccoli is awful to me - like stinky socks. I have no idea why, it just does. But, my husband and kids love it, so of course not only is it not banned, but I make it fairly often for them.
I want some scientist to investigate what it is that makes some food smells repulsive to some people. I like the smell of cooked broccoli, smells all broccoli-ish, heh.

However, a couple years ago, the smell of cooking or hot cooked chicken went from tolerable or even ok to completely and utterly repugnant. It is SO gross and sickening, completely gag-inducing. Luckily, banned! But I still walk by stores have big chicken rotisseries and such and
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:40 AM   #66
tianna26
Mouseketeer
 
tianna26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 256

Mayo
Sour cream
Ranch
Fish
Guacamole
Okra
__________________
tianna26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:45 AM   #67
tianna26
Mouseketeer
 
tianna26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 256

Apples except for juice
__________________
tianna26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:33 AM   #68
hellokitty86
If I didn't wear it myself- I would want my husband to wear it!
DH does call me a toilet paper snob
Did the lovebugs bother you too, like they bothered me??!
 
hellokitty86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: too far from WDW
Posts: 5,059

Pickles. Hate the smell and I have a phobia that a jar of pickles will break and ill never be able to get the smell of them out of the house.
__________________
My Pug, Ruby
hellokitty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #69
ebtbmom
DIS Veteran
 
ebtbmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 1,846

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
I want some scientist to investigate what it is that makes some food smells repulsive to some people. I like the smell of cooked broccoli, smells all broccoli-ish, heh.

However, a couple years ago, the smell of cooking or hot cooked chicken went from tolerable or even ok to completely and utterly repugnant. It is SO gross and sickening, completely gag-inducing. Luckily, banned! But I still walk by stores have big chicken rotisseries and such and
Did you see the study about why some people like cilantro and others think it tastes like soap? I love cilantro and never realized that it tasted soapy to people! Stuff like that is interesting to me too.
__________________
ME DH DS16
11/2004 1st trip, ASM,11/2006 2nd trip, POP,6/2008 day trip DLR,11/2008 3rd trip, POP,1/2010 DLR at DLH!,1/2011 1st solo POFQ, 11/2011 POR, 3/2012 B-day trip! 10/2012 POP, 6/2013 day trip DLP 11/2013 POP 2/2014 CSR 2nd solo!

ebtbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:26 AM   #70
cornflake
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,656

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebtbmom View Post
Did you see the study about why some people like cilantro and others think it tastes like soap? I love cilantro and never realized that it tasted soapy to people! Stuff like that is interesting to me too.
I haven't seen the study but I want to because I have the cilantro thing! A lot of people don't realize it - and if it comes up, I've heard 'oh, it does taste a little soapt/herby but ...' that's not it; it honestly tastes like someone squirted Dawn all over the food; it's inedible.

I've heard it's like 10% of the population has it but I've only ever heard that it was thought to be some enzyme thing that some people can detect and some can't or a mild allergy and no one knew - what did the study say? Did it have an answer?!
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:40 AM   #71
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kettering, UK
Posts: 6,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by mombrontrent View Post
As a vegan I would ban all animal products. Sometimes my pesky DH slips them through the front door though. I can't complain to much though as he happily eats all my vegan cooking and baking

As far a fruit goes we would have a housefull of sad people if fruit was banned. We eat all kinds of it in huge quantities. I have to go to the grocery store 2-3 times a week to re-stock on fruits and veggies. We keep frozen fruits for smoothies and "back-up" when we run low on fresh.
That would make it difficult what would I do with the eggs my hens lay. I also love the taste of meat and the smell of raw meat yum.
PaulaSB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #72
furb & dez
City Bear Jamboreers
 
furb & dez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,367

People for whom cilantro tastes like soap are genetic mutants; they have a mutation that causes the effect.
__________________
Our first trip to WDW! Had fun, a bit disappointed in the lack of things to keep us busy. Next trip: eh, 5 years perhaps? Don't understand the psychosis of wasting time trying to meet actors in fursuits or princess costumes, but, wev...
furb & dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #73
cornflake
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,656

Quote:
Originally Posted by furb & dez View Post
People for whom cilantro tastes like soap are genetic mutants; they have a mutation that causes the effect.
*testing for claws or the ability to freeze things* ... hmmm...
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #74
Shyvioletisme
So I have a doppleganger running around out there with a kid
 
Shyvioletisme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Earth
Posts: 1,903

raw onions and carrots. The smells and taste of both are just absolutely disgusting to me. Luckily DH feels the same way, so there's no worry of either showing up here.
__________________
Tiffany DH Lestat

WDW: last trip:
Oct/Nov 2005 CBR for Honeymoon
FLICKR: http://www.flickr.com/photos/67045761@N00/
Shyvioletisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #75
jgh
Peter Pan!
 
jgh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Athens, GA...461 miles from WDW!
Posts: 571

For me? I would ban TACOS.

I can't STAND the smell of tacos. Yuck!
__________________


jgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: