Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #31
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
I have never done free dining before, so I have a question.

I'm an AP holder, so I know FD is usually not the way to go. Question is: If I am staying 6 nights, can I just buy a minimum ticket (2 day base) and still get FD for the remaining days?
....the free dining is for length-of-stay, not for number of days on park passes....unless that has changed recently....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #32
Slivedjn
Earning My Ears

Hi I am a Disney Visa cardholder and am checking into Saratoga Springs November 5 as a DVC member. Reservations are already made. Can I still add FD? or did I miss the boat on this one? Thanks in advance
Slivedjn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #33
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slivedjn View Post
Hi I am a Disney Visa cardholder and am checking into Saratoga Springs November 5 as a DVC member. Reservations are already made. Can I still add FD? or did I miss the boat on this one? Thanks in advance
The offer has already expired, but people staying on DVC points are not eligible for free dining anyway. Free dining requires (among other things) paying full rack rate for your hotel, and DVC does not qualify as you are staying for far less than rack rate. You can, however, purchase the dining plan, but it must be added to the stay and paid in full prior to arrival.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #34
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

You can't stay on dvc points and get FD. You can add dining plan to your stay though and pay for it

to the previous poster you get dining by nights staying not by ticket days purchased
Old 10-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #35
3PRINCESSMOM
Used to be 3PRINCESSMOM, but alas she nows has a PRINCE

Have reservation... can we add person/people???

When I booked the December trip in July I was certain oldest DD would NOT be able to join us because of final exams. Well she just found out most of her professors will administer exams during last week of classes so she can come. Can I add her to our current reservation that includes FD? The twist is that adding her means adding an additional room, as we are already a family of 5 in one POR room.

HELP!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #36
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

ooh, that's a tough one.. I would start by calling and right away asking to speak to a manager. sometimes a man. can ok something the regular phone CM can't. we have had a couple times where we needed an ok for something.

if not, maybe you could book the 2nd room with the 30% off code , and just pay out of pocket or purchase the dining plan for her. then you could spread out a little!
nebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #37
3PRINCESSMOM
Used to be 3PRINCESSMOM, but alas she nows has a PRINCE

Getting another room will with AP discount will be our fall-back

We can certainly do just fine without the FD, and just do another room with AP discount, if available (DD has AP because she travelled with friends this summer). Adding via FD offer would just make it simpler. I will report back after calling tonight. Thanks for weighing in.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:54 AM   #38
BigKid45
Mouseketeer

Please help settle a dispute....DW says the rules for FD have changed in that you only get FD for the days included in the offer, not for your full trip. She was told that it changed this year by a coworker. I hadn't read that and I'm on the DIS almost daily! I was under the impression that as long as your check in date is within the FD offer you get FD for the duration of your package. Am I correct or did something change?

WDW-'72 & '73 Offsite, '05 & '06 Offsite, '08 WL-Club, '09 ASMu-FS, '10 Pop, '12 Windsor Hills, '13 POR
DL-Offsite every Oct 1974-1987 (Corp. Nites)
BigKid45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:35 AM   #39
Lifted07Duramax
Earning My Ears

Can DVC members get any kind of discounts if using our points?
It'd sure be nice to get like 10% off on points or free dining, anything would be great.
Lifted07Duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #40
MissieTodd
Earning My Ears

any info on free dining in 2013?
MissieTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #41
Silenceisgolden96
Earning My Ears

2013 Free Dining

I would like to know the answer to the question posted a few above about whether dining goes for the duration of the stay as long as it is booked in one of the dates listed or if it is only for dates listed. So for example, (and this is purely hypothetical because I know there are no free dining dates out for this time yet) I arrive November 1 and free dining ends November 1. I am checking in during the free dining opportunity, but staying through November 8, do I get free dining only November 1 or do I get dining for the entire stay?

I am looking to go this fall, but I have noticed a trend that there is no free dining around the dates of November 1- November 9. Is there a reason that those dates are excluded?

Thanks for your help!
Silenceisgolden96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #42
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silenceisgolden96 View Post
I would like to know the answer to the question posted a few above about whether dining goes for the duration of the stay as long as it is booked in one of the dates listed or if it is only for dates listed. So for example, (and this is purely hypothetical because I know there are no free dining dates out for this time yet) I arrive November 1 and free dining ends November 1. I am checking in during the free dining opportunity, but staying through November 8, do I get free dining only November 1 or do I get dining for the entire stay?

I am looking to go this fall, but I have noticed a trend that there is no free dining around the dates of November 1- November 9. Is there a reason that those dates are excluded?

Thanks for your help!
With free dining, as long as your check in date is included in the promotion then you will get free dining for up to 14 nights. Of course, no public free dining offers have been announced for 2013 yet, so only time will tell if that continues to be how it works. Jersey Week happens in early November, so that is likely the reason behind the lack of discounts for that time.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #43
Silenceisgolden96
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
With free dining, as long as your check in date is included in the promotion then you will get free dining for up to 14 nights. Of course, no public free dining offers have been announced for 2013 yet, so only time will tell if that continues to be how it works. Jersey Week happens in early November, so that is likely the reason behind the lack of discounts for that time.
So could you pay for an extra day to get the free dining and without actually being present check in online and arrive the next day? I don't know if that would be worth it, but it might since free dining for a family of 5 will save about $2,000!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #44
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silenceisgolden96 View Post
So could you pay for an extra day to get the free dining and without actually being present check in online and arrive the next day? I don't know if that would be worth it, but it might since free dining for a family of 5 will save about $2,000!
Unfortunately, no. You must physically check in on the covered date.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #45
Silenceisgolden96
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Unfortunately, no. You must physically check in on the covered date.
Thank you for your help!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: