Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #46
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkerbell View Post
Did you try to go from say a waterpark to downtown disney, you cant. Also not all resorts have transportation to WWofS we were running in 3 races and our hotel didnt offer transportation to it. Or from one resort say for a meal, to another for meeting up with friends, you also cant do that. If you are doing standard resort to park travel it may work better. But we do a lot of the "other" things, mini golf, disney quest, waterparks and like to travel from one to the other without the added time of going back to the resort.

I think it is done to keep people from parking in the "free locations" and taking disney transportation to the parks, but it very timely to those staying there and just trying to get around.
We did lots of other stuff, including WWoS. We went from our resort to other resorts for dinner, and yes sometimes that meant taking a bus to one place and hoping on another. We never had any problem, period.

Maybe it was just Coronado ... I don't know, maybe we just always got lucky with the busses showing up right when we wanted them, maybe you just got UNlucky and kept -just- missing the bus and having to wait the maximum time. I just know for us it was outstanding and we wont look back.
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:05 AM   #47
pinkerbell
FREE DDP 06, 07, 08, 09 & 10!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
We did lots of other stuff, including WWoS. We went from our resort to other resorts for dinner, and yes sometimes that meant taking a bus to one place and hoping on another. We never had any problem, period.

Maybe it was just Coronado ... I don't know, maybe we just always got lucky with the busses showing up right when we wanted them, maybe you just got UNlucky and kept -just- missing the bus and having to wait the maximum time. I just know for us it was outstanding and we wont look back.
That is great to hear. I am hoping maybe we can use the busses again here and theer as I enjoy them. DH, not so much. I like talking with people about their day and the kids think it's another ride .

It is true about hitting it right though, last trip 4 POP busses came as I was waiting for an A of A bus. By the time the 4th one came, I hopped on it, it was almost empty since so many had come before it, We ate at pop and then crossed hour glass bridge to A of A.

mom dad dd 9 dd 7
Link to AOA pics - more than you could possibly want!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009843
Summer 87 Magic Kingdom College Program, 4 93, 4 94 and 3 95, 3 & 10 96, 10 98, 5 99, 10 01, 10 02, 10 04 & 10 05 off property 5 05 and 10 06 ASSports 9 07, 9 08 & 9 09 ASMo, POR 2 10, POP 4 10 and ASMo 9 10, ASMo 9 11, Dolphin 2 12, POP 4 12, AoA 9 12, Dolphin 1 13, POP 4 13 Dolphin 1 14 POP 4 14
pinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #48
twoplustwins
DIS Veteran

With the new promo info that Danny25 just posted, I can plan an onsite trip!!

Nov 2009 - POR
Jan 2012 - CBR
June 2013 - CSR
October 2014???
twoplustwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:08 AM   #49
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwins
I know. I am so excited!
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:59 AM   #50
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

It is nice that Disney will be offering something and I am happy for those who will be able to use this upcoming discount; but unfortunately for my family it is not enough of a savings to keep us onsite. If the "up to 30% off rooms" portion breaks down to be 15-20% off at the value resorts, the room and park ticket discount offer detailed in Danny25's post won't come close to what we are saving by staying at Bonnet Creek (even with our minivan rental reservation) and getting our park tickets through Undercover Tourist because onsite at Disney we have to get either two rooms or a family suite at a value resort, the resort rates are "regular" season rates in May, and two of my four kids are now at "adult" prices. I know the prospect of them offering free dining for the spring was a long shot, but I was hoping that they would at least extend the stay, play, and dine promotion; but I guess they don't have to fill rooms that much and the stay, play, and dine promo is going to be the offseason/value season general public discount and free dining will probably only be available to those who get it through a random pin code. It's all good though, we are still going to have a magical trip.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:00 AM   #51
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwins View Post
What is this? Do you have a link?
Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #52
twoplustwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
What is this? Do you have a link?
Look at the post "Ladies and Gentlemen . . . " in this same forum.

Nov 2009 - POR
Jan 2012 - CBR
June 2013 - CSR
October 2014???
twoplustwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:11 AM   #53
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

I would never pay Disney's rack rates. Not with all the great deals offsite.

We would have stayed offsite for our next trip, had it not been for the Free Dining pin I was lucky enough to receive. With 5 of us, 4 of which are disney adults, that was the best savings for us.

As these deeper discounts seem to be getting less and less, I think our next trip will be offsite, where we will enjoy the extra space of a condo.

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
momof2gr8kids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: