Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #676
burma
My Oh My What A Wonderful Day

yep I think I will pay it now to get it out of the way thats more money for wine!!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #677
bigbootee
Rabid Disnoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva

And when we get to Europe it'll be my CC that the $ is withdrawn from. Hence the bill upon our return.
Also, what if we pay now and he doesn't show? You recall my experience with international cc transactions...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

167 lbs.
2013 Magic Med w/ Greece, 2012 Dream 4 Day Bahamas, 2012 Magic NY to Bahamas, 2012 Magic NY Weekend Getaway, 2011 Wonder 7day Alaska, 2010 Magic 10 day Med, 2008 Western Magic, 1998 RCCL Splendour of the Seas Repo Barcelona to Dover
WDW (1st time 1971): Grand Floridian, All Star Film, Polynesian, Contemporary, Caribbean Beach, Old Key West, Port Orleans French Quarter Offsite: Marriott Horizons, Grosvenor, Ramada Maingate

DL: 1978
bigbootee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 10:18 PM   #678
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

You may have extra money for wine, but is it worth the risk to pay for the tour in advance of paying off the cruise. What happens if something happens and you don't go? Not unheard of to lose your job or someone to get ill...things happen. When I used this company last time, we paid them in cash, which is what they want this time to get the discount. The other alternative is to not pay them a fee to use a credit card, so then what are you really saving?

It's hell to get money back or fight an international cc transaction should you get screwed...I would be careful...take it from one who knows how it feels

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:30 PM   #679
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by burma View Post
yep I think I will pay it now to get it out of the way thats more money for wine!!
Or the spa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbootee View Post
Also, what if we pay now and he doesn't show? You recall my experience with international cc transactions...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Yeah. No one saw that coming....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
You may have extra money for wine, but is it worth the risk to pay for the tour in advance of paying off the cruise. What happens if something happens and you don't go? Not unheard of to lose your job or someone to get ill...things happen. When I used this company last time, we paid them in cash, which is what they want this time to get the discount. The other alternative is to not pay them a fee to use a credit card, so then what are you really saving?

It's hell to get money back or fight an international cc transaction should you get screwed...I would be careful...take it from one who knows how it feels
What if caterpillars had bee bee guns? What if you had the cash and you got mugged? What if.....

Lots of things to consider. But, as I said, I like to have stuff paid up front. That's just me.

What I'm wondering is if they'll accept partial payment up front. I really don't want to travel with that much cash in my pocket, so I wonder if I contact them in May if they'd let me pay a portion? hm, I think I'll email and find out...

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:37 AM   #680
burma
My Oh My What A Wonderful Day

I did not think about drawing cash from the CC. not a bad Idea. the savings was not what enticed me ... it was the paying for it before the cruise ... I paid the cruise and airfare off pretty quickly we dont like bills lingering around. With that being said all your points are valid ... but this is also a reputable company with many reviews on many sites.... either way now I have to rethink this ....
Old 12-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #681
Tired mom of 3 boys
Earning My Ears

On another savings note, I jumped on the Target sale for gift cards today- buy a $50 gift card (I.e. Disney card) and get a $10 Target gift card. (Can't be used on he same transaction) I also used my Target credit card to get an additional discount. All in all, I purchased each gc for $48 and bought enough to get 3 $50 gc "free" with the accumulated $10 cards. There was a coupon - people said it was on the target FB page. Offer expires tomorrow. Down side....they're only supposed to do one coupon per transaction - thank goodness for the kind people who work at our Target!! You can apply those cards to the cost of your cruise!
Tired mom of 3 boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #682
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by burma View Post
I did not think about drawing cash from the CC. not a bad Idea. the savings was not what enticed me ... it was the paying for it before the cruise ... I paid the cruise and airfare off pretty quickly we dont like bills lingering around. With that being said all your points are valid ... but this is also a reputable company with many reviews on many sites.... either way now I have to rethink this ....
I don't want to use a debit card overseas...to easy to get into that pool of cash that backs it up. Just make sure you have a PIN number for your CC. Also, not all CC's have the same rules for overseas use (fees-wise). I use a CC linked to my credit union as it had the best rates for international transactions. Some also differentiate between cash withdrawals and purchases. I think Capital One is fee-free, but I'm not going to apply for it just to have it for international trips. Their rewards seem to be good, tho...one friend uses hers for everything and keeps telling us that all her airfare seems to come from points.. (or seems to anyway..)

I contacted Rome in Limo and this was their response (they emailed back very promptly, btw..I swear they never seem to sleep):

Hi Kim

Sorry but it has to be all at once or cash at the end, i understand that you wish to wait but for many request that we have from different clients we decided to allow prepayment until the end of January.

Thank you
Jany

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
Old 12-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #683
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired mom of 3 boys View Post
On another savings note, I jumped on the Target sale for gift cards today- buy a $50 gift card (I.e. Disney card) and get a $10 Target gift card. (Can't be used on he same transaction) I also used my Target credit card to get an additional discount. All in all, I purchased each gc for $48 and bought enough to get 3 $50 gc "free" with the accumulated $10 cards. There was a coupon - people said it was on the target FB page. Offer expires tomorrow. Down side....they're only supposed to do one coupon per transaction - thank goodness for the kind people who work at our Target!! You can apply those cards to the cost of your cruise!
Sigh...I miss Target. We have it a drive away (lol..as you know...) but I NEVER go there as dealing with the traffic in that area is such a pain!

Old 12-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #684
tajz90
Mama D

No foreign transaction fees with CapitalOne Venture Travel card (gold version) .
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #685
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

The regular capital one has no foreign transactions fees as well....we got that card specifically to go internationally with. It was fun when we thought we lost it on our last med trip and had to cancel the card, only to find it in the laundry....

WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
Old 12-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #686
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
Sigh...I miss Target. We have it a drive away (lol..as you know...) but I NEVER go there as dealing with the traffic in that area is such a pain!
I have a target not too far from me and can pick stuff up for you, if you need.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #687
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Just saw this on dcl's site:

Please be aware that on June 17, 2013 (Disney Magic 12 Night Greek Isles Cruise), saint patron of Pisa is celebrated. Religious sites such as the Cathedral and Baptistery may be closed for temporary events. The Piazza and the Leaning Tower of Pisa will be available.

Hmmmmm.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #688
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

gone very quiet here... Happy Holidays all!!!

Old 12-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #689
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
gone very quiet here... Happy Holidays all!!!
That whole holiday thing, I'm sure. I don't know about everyone else, but between work, holiday stuff, and housework, I've been about swamped. Add to that all the running I've been doing. Less than a month until the Tinkerbell 1/2, so those long runs take up almost 2 hours, the shorter ones at least 1 hour.

So in contacting Rome in Limo, they seem to think that there will be a Mass, and specifically said either at 10 or 11 am. In light of that and their suggestion, we're going to flip our day and do Pisa in the afternoon. I JUST NOW!!! as I'm writing this got a reply from them. It's past midnight in Italy. I swear...they never sleep.

Hope everyone is happy and healthy!

Old 12-25-2012, 12:19 AM   #690
SparklesofHope
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for this trip report! I've been agonizing over whether or not to keep our reservation for the June 8th DCL 7-Day Med sailing or change it to an ABD Italy trip.

After reading through the first few pages of this thread, I am very excited about visiting Cinque Terre, Rome, and Pompeii/Sorrento. Would you change anything about your visit to Cinque Terre? I've read that the views from a boat are amazing!

WDW 1984; Christmas 2010 Hilton Bonnet Creek
Disneyland, CA--Too many to count!
1st DCL cruise--Magic in the Med 6/2013
SparklesofHope is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: