Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #16
ashmarie06
DIS Veteran

Well thank you for all your input. I fell asleep and woke up with a fever and chills. Looks like maybe they are because of this illness. I will be heading to urgent care tomorrow if they are still awful. Thank you all for everything.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #17
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

i hope you'll be able to rest tonight.

get it all checked out tomorrow.

let us know how you are doing.

many here care about you and would like to know you are doing ok.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #18
disfan07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmarie06 View Post
Well thank you for all your input. I fell asleep and woke up with a fever and chills. Looks like maybe they are because of this illness. I will be heading to urgent care tomorrow if they are still awful. Thank you all for everything.
you sound like me earlier this week.

I was having insane amount of palpatations and PVCs this past weekend. Monday night I woke up sweating and chills. Tuesday I spiked a fever and stomach issues. Turns out...I have another stomach virus (just had one right after thanksgiving). I have had a fever and chills for 3 days now and am still having a lot of palpatations. But yeah...illness can definitley make it worse.

But glad you're going to urgent care tomorrow. Hope you feel better soon
All Star Sports (2007, 2008); All Star Music (2001); Caribbean Beach (1992, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999); Coronado Springs (2004); Port Orleans French Quarter (2007); Port Orleans Riverside (2014); Wilderness Lodge (2006); Pop Century (2010, 2012); Saratoga Springs (2013); The Contemporary (2013); Grand Floridian (2014)
disfan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #19
ashmarie06
DIS Veteran

Thank you guys so much for all your advice! I was up all night with a fever ranging from 102.8 to 103.5. I went to the md first thing this morning. My heart rate was through the roof, and they couldn't get my temp down with Tylenol. So off to the er I went. They hooked me up to an Iv, and after 3 bags of fluid I'm happy to report my heart rate has lowered and the fever is under 100! They tested me for mono And strep, both negative. It looks like dehydration was the nasty culprit!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #20
Jaya
DIS Veteran

I had my first serious bout of PVC's last spring late at night. Called the on-call nurse at my insurance company and she said to go immediately to the ER, in fact she was going to call an ambulance for me if I didn't have anyone to take me. They admitted me and kept me for a couple of days. Ran every test there was. Apparently PVC's are harmless UNLESS there is some underlying cause that should cause concerns. Luckily, I have the harmless kind (apparently a lot of women over 60 have them and never notice it). I was just told to lay off caffeine and take my blood pressure meds at night instead of in the morning. I still get get occasional spells of them, but if I get out of bed and run in place for a minute or two, it "shocks" my heart out of them and I can get back to sleep. Works for me.
Jaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #21
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Thank you guys so much for all your advice! I was up all night with a fever ranging from 102.8 to 103.5. I went to the md first thing this morning. My heart rate was through the roof, and they couldn't get my temp down with Tylenol. So off to the er I went. They hooked me up to an Iv, and after 3 bags of fluid I'm happy to report my heart rate has lowered and the fever is under 100! They tested me for mono And strep, both negative. It looks like dehydration was the nasty culprit!
thanks for letting us know.
hope you start to feel better real soon!

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #22
manning
Just for that I have requested it be left open!!!
We each have a sore spot....My butt and her right foot

Get it checked out. I had open heart surgery and had no clue something was wrong or it came on so gradual I didn"t recognize it. Not saying it happened but it is possible to have a heart attack and not know it.
manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #23
disneymarie
Its a rumour about the donuts...
Can we play Nancy Drew?

Quote:
Just wanted some dis advice. I have been having heart palpatitions allday. To the point where I feel like I can't catch my breath. I've also been dizzy and nauseous also. I have a history of throwing pvc's but I've never been able to feel them. Should I go to the ER or just wait it out? I'm not stressed by them, but I am annoyed with them and I want to feel better! Thank you in advance!
I have them from the thyroid when not managed. If you get clammy, or mood of doom, or any heaviness head to ER to be safe.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #24
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack

I have not read all the responses since I ma headed out the door, but YES you should go to the er. These are new onset symptoms that could indicate a major cardiac episode or another of a million things. Go get checked out.
dakcp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: