Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #61
Duckfan-in-Chicago
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Dolly View Post
I want you to know a donation has been made in your name to the Human Fund ("money for people"). Happy Festivus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSmith View Post
I also made two donations - 50% of my paycheque to PETA and 50% to my church (I believe in DOG in case anyone is interested).
That is very kind!

And in the spirit of giving and self-sacrifice, which is what this season of friendship and family should be all about, I'm going to give a donation in both your names to a charity I started with a few friends-Quarters for Quitters. We try to provide monetary incentive to ugly and/or fat people to either quit a gym or work out in off hours so us attractive people don't have to be subjected to it, and the undesirables don't have to feel bad about themselves. Our motto is Charity begins at L.A. Fitness.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #62
Iforgetmypassword
"I am Mrs. Nesbit!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckfan-in-Chicago View Post
That is very kind!

And in the spirit of giving and self-sacrifice, which is what this season of friendship and family should be all about, I'm going to give a donation in both your names to a charity I started with a few friends-Quarters for Quitters. We try to provide monetary incentive to ugly and/or fat people to either quit a gym or work out in off hours so us attractive people don't have to be subjected to it, and the undesirables don't have to feel bad about themselves. Our motto is Charity begins at L.A. Fitness.

How wonderful of you. But, you could ask yourself if you're giving enough. If ever you do, just stop at a Starbucks and have a coffee until the feeling goes away.
Iforgetmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 09:22 PM   #63
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

No, no Starbucks Coffee. How about a nice pair of mittens instead. Sure, they're not as satisfying to drink, they warm from the inside out! Shame about the slightly chewy texture though.

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: Feb 2012 TR ~ PTR ~ No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip!

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #64
BeachLove
Mouseketeer

If OP is still following and actually wants to buy an extra coat, Sears had kids coats for $19.99. You don't need to let us know if after this one you wonder if its enough.
BeachLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #65
BeachLove
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckfan-in-Chicago View Post
That is very kind!

Love the photos of your kids! So cute!!
Old 12-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #66
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

I'm thinking about donating one of those big inflatable arms that you can reach over your shoulder with to pat yourself on the back.
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #67
BeachLove
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob NC View Post
I'm thinking about donating one of those big inflatable arms that you can reach over your shoulder with to pat yourself on the back.
OMG you just made me burst out laughing. I like the way you think.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #68
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

OP I think you've purchased enough with what you already have and see no reason for you to feel as if you need to do any more.

As far as what other people do...don't worry about it. They have to look at themselves in the mirror....you have to look at yourself.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #69
debster812
DIS Earth Angel!
Anyone have a spare phone?
Suffered from DIS withdrawals
I feel so technical, 'stick', 'unstick'
Ya Ya Sister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbb View Post
At least, with the celebrites, there are fans who will donate to whatever because their idol did. Or because, if they call into the telethon thingie they might get to speak to a "star".

I agree wtih you, but will cut the stars a wee bit of slack.
ITA with this. I volunteer with a charity here in Boston that has very close ties to the Red Sox. One of the big events we do is a 2 day telethon that takes place at Fenway Park. We usually have the Red Sox wives come and answer phones for us for an hour or two.

I remember several years ago, one of the younger wives, of a then-superstar told us, "I think I'm going to tell people who I am, maybe they'll give us more money!". So was so adorable and charming I'm not convinced it did not work.

So I will also cut the celebrities some slack if their name recognition helps to raise funds.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #70
Callie
Always Dreaming of Disney Magic

I tried to stay away because I knew it had gotten bad.
I wasn't looking for a pat on my back. I decided against getting another coat, and instead threw in a hat I got to use up my reward points.
Instead I decided to donate to the animal shelter. A fleece blanket. Cheap, but my kitty I got from there is going to help make it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: