Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #2791
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Our local carousel cares for MAW today raised $14,000! The radiothon in our nearby city last week raised $45,800!! They were able to grant 6 wishes last week. So excited that people are so generous!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:51 AM   #2792
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspols View Post
Hello everyone

I so love reading everyone's reports... They all sound so magical. I can not believe we leave Jan 3.... And I do not have a set plan!! Any favorites for meals in the parks? I think my boys would love to go to gatorland if we get the chance. It seems there is so much to do that there won't be enough time or energy ....

Mandy
So excited your trip is so close - I'm sure your trip will be magical as well. A set plan isn't always necessary, it all depends on your family. We met a little girl at clinic that went to GKTW this summer, and she was just so happy swimming there that her family ended up spending most of the days at GKTW.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 06:35 AM   #2793
disneymom04
Mouseketeer

Good Morning,

Sitting here planning our wish trip that we will hopefully be taking in early February. Staying at GKTW.
I have a quick question. If we check out of GKTW on Friday, could we still use one of our Disney tickets on Saturday. I realize we probably wouldn't get special GKTW attention.... but will the ticket still be valid?
JUst want to soak up as much of GKTW as possible and then stay an extra day to do MK.

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:17 AM   #2794
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom04
Good Morning,

Sitting here planning our wish trip that we will hopefully be taking in early February. Staying at GKTW.
I have a quick question. If we check out of GKTW on Friday, could we still use one of our Disney tickets on Saturday. I realize we probably wouldn't get special GKTW attention.... but will the ticket still be valid?
JUst want to soak up as much of GKTW as possible and then stay an extra day to do MK.

Thanks in advance!!!
Our disney tickets from GKTW have an ex date of 2014!! Im not sure if they allow that or anything. Our universal tickets expire this coming friday, 12/14/12, a week after we checked out of GKTW.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #2795
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom04 View Post
Yes.

Disney tickets are valid for the number of days on the ticket for up to 14 days from date of first use.

So if your first use is a Sunday, the last possible day o use is the second Saturday following, or when you have used all your entries, or the "not valid after" date (if any) printed on the ticket, whichever comes first.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Old 12-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #2796
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
Yes.

Disney tickets are valid for the number of days on the ticket for up to 14 days from date of first use.

So if your first use is a Sunday, the last possible day o use is the second Saturday following, or when you have used all your entries, or the "not valid after" date (if any) printed on the ticket, whichever comes first.
I have a question...the exp dates say 2014 on the back. So if you do not use them at all during your trip, can you save them? This doesnt pertain to us, but at GKTW I was visiting with another parent as our children played together at the train station. She said they were going to use their 2 days of Universal, 1 day at Sea World, 1 day at Legoland, then a day at the village. She said she was going to save the Disney World tickets for a later date beings as they dont expire for 2 years. Is that possible? We have no plans to go back in the next 2 years so it doesnt pertain to us (we have other big trips planned).
Old 12-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #2797
Nurserynurse
Earning My Ears

Hello!

Hi! I'm Holly. I'm new to both this thread and the DISboards, so bear with me. I'm mom to Austin (5) & Evan (3), and wife to Dan. Austin was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia on 1/20/10 and is scheduled to finish treatment on 3/26/13. Woo hoo! He has been saying for some time now that he wants to "go to the castle and see the fireworks." Every time a Disney movie comes on and they show the castle in the beginning he says he wants to go there. When we were referred to Make-A-Wish and they found out what he wanted, we made the (hard) decision to wait until he went off-treatment to go. He has been pretty dependant on IVIg (antibodies) to stay healthy and not have constant fevers.

Well...

I spoke with our MAW coordinator yesterday, and we have decided on the date of 4/6/13 to leave for Florida!!! 4/8/13 is Evan's birthday, and we thought that would be a great way to make this special for him too! We are sooooo excited! I haven't been to Disney since 2000 (I was there twice in the same year and those were the only times I have ever been there. My parents had planned a trip for November, and my sister won a Disney Cruise from McDonalds, so we went on that in August and spent a few days in Disney afterwards.), and my husband hasn't been to Disney since around the same time.

Anyhow, I have been reading through some posts and got some great tips/ideas. Thank you all! Any advice you have will be appreciated. I do have a question...

Since his wish is seeing the fireworks at the castle, is there any way to make this more special? Is there something with the castle we could plan for or a special place to see the fireworks from? Because this is the main part of his wish, I would love to make it as special as possible, I'm just not sure of what to ask for or do!

Thanks in advance! I have enjoyed just dipping my toes in this thread, and hope to learn a lot before our trip!

Holly
www.caringbridge.org/visit/austindaniel
Old 12-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #2798
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Hi disneymom04 - Have fun planning Do you have a pre-trip report?

Holly. Sorry Austin, and your family, has gone through so much. So glad he is almost done with treatment, and that he's getting his wish to go to the castle & see the fireworks, and for his birthday - yay!. Sorry I don't have the answers you need, but this thread is full of very helpful people.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 12-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #2799
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimom6 View Post
I have a question...the exp dates say 2014 on the back. So if you do not use them at all during your trip, can you save them? This doesnt pertain to us, but at GKTW I was visiting with another parent as our children played together at the train station. She said they were going to use their 2 days of Universal, 1 day at Sea World, 1 day at Legoland, then a day at the village. She said she was going to save the Disney World tickets for a later date beings as they dont expire for 2 years. Is that possible? We have no plans to go back in the next 2 years so it doesnt pertain to us (we have other big trips planned).
Yes. Normally Disney MYW tickets remain valid until they first go through a turnstile, and then are valid for up to 14 days. However, the tickets you get at GKTW are complimentary (free) tickets from Disney and must be used before their expiration date or until all entries are used up, whichever comes first.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Old 12-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #2800
disneymom04
Mouseketeer

Thanks everybody for the replies. Glad to hear this.

Angelsmama, no I do not have a pretrip report. I am so busy... I have my 3 year old wish child plus 3 older children and I barely have time to sit and ask questions.

But I will definitely be coming here more often as February approaches.

Thanks!!
Old 12-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #2801
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurserynurse View Post
Hi! I'm Holly. I'm new to both this thread and the DISboards, so bear with me. I'm mom to Austin (5) & Evan (3), and wife to Dan. Austin was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia on 1/20/10 and is scheduled to finish treatment on 3/26/13. Woo hoo! He has been saying for some time now that he wants to "go to the castle and see the fireworks." Every time a Disney movie comes on and they show the castle in the beginning he says he wants to go there. When we were referred to Make-A-Wish and they found out what he wanted, we made the (hard) decision to wait until he went off-treatment to go. He has been pretty dependant on IVIg (antibodies) to stay healthy and not have constant fevers.

Well...

I spoke with our MAW coordinator yesterday, and we have decided on the date of 4/6/13 to leave for Florida!!! 4/8/13 is Evan's birthday, and we thought that would be a great way to make this special for him too! We are sooooo excited! I haven't been to Disney since 2000 (I was there twice in the same year and those were the only times I have ever been there. My parents had planned a trip for November, and my sister won a Disney Cruise from McDonalds, so we went on that in August and spent a few days in Disney afterwards.), and my husband hasn't been to Disney since around the same time.

Anyhow, I have been reading through some posts and got some great tips/ideas. Thank you all! Any advice you have will be appreciated. I do have a question...

Since his wish is seeing the fireworks at the castle, is there any way to make this more special? Is there something with the castle we could plan for or a special place to see the fireworks from? Because this is the main part of his wish, I would love to make it as special as possible, I'm just not sure of what to ask for or do!

Thanks in advance! I have enjoyed just dipping my toes in this thread, and hope to learn a lot before our trip!

Holly
www.caringbridge.org/visit/austindaniel

Welcome Holly! So glad to hear everything is going ok for Austin. And yay for his wish! He will love the fireworks there. When we went before we watched them from right under the castle and from Ohana. I would suggest asking your wish planner if you haven't already. They may have some inside info on that or you could call disney world and ask a cast member. Just explain the situation and see if they have any suggestions. I just searched on the disney mom's panel and came across two options of things to book. There is the "pirates and pals firework voyage" or the "tomorrow land terrace firework dessert party" both look really neat but do require a reservation. Depending on what parks you guys go to Epcot also has an amazing fireworks and hollywood studios has a show called fantasmic. I hope that helps a little. Good luck planning! I can't wait to hear more about it.

Shawn-Brooklyn's MAW Disney Cruise Jan 2013 pre trip

Old 12-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #2802
mspols
Earning My Ears

My wish coordinator is trying to set up a princess character meal last minute...she asked me which one but I did not even know which I should tell her Any suggestions? She really loves all the princesses.
Also does anyone know if GKTW has waterpark passes?
Old 12-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #2803
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspols
My wish coordinator is trying to set up a princess character meal last minute...she asked me which one but I did not even know which I should tell her Any suggestions? She really loves all the princesses.
Also does anyone know if GKTW has waterpark passes?
Yes they have waterpark passes. Aquatica and Wet n Wild waterparks. We had thought of going but knew it would be too cold in the air to go.
No help on the character meal
Old 12-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #2804
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

New Here

Hello Everyone, I just found this thread.

My beautiful daughter was granted her Make a Wish trip to Disney World in May 9th 2011. She has Evans Syndrome, but she is stable right now. We are planning a return trip to Disney World in a few months, Feb. I am researching everything & that is how I came across this thread. I have not got to read anything else except the first post.

God Bless!!!
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
Old 12-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #2805
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

When we went last yr I knew nothing, our MAW volunteer just told us that everything would be planned & not to worry. I found out though when we got to GKTW that there was not anything planned, you just kinda of did what you wanted. I was expecting the CMeals, Cinderella's Castle, ect. ect., I found out that you needed a credit card for reservations for any meals, & this needed to be done in advance. I remember our MAW volunteer asking us if we had a credit card but she did not say why, if I knew this I could have planned something better for my little girl, like BBB & Cinderella's Table.

Just check out all of the sites & talk to your volunteer. We still had a wonderful time, it was 96 degrees everyday, so our time in the parks was not long. My daughter was only 3yrs old so she was pretty scared of the rides, what she wanted to do was meet & greets, & she loved Mickey Mouse Club house at HS.
She loved the village the most, she really liked the sprays & the Christmas parade.

Now we are planning a return trip, she has been wishing on the moon to go back to Disney World, she is wanting to eat at Cinderella's castle. I already have our advance reservations & staying at AOA in the cars suites, she loves CARS.

Tip: if you are planning on going to Magic Kingdom, do not go on a Monday, check out a touring calander on a site touringplans.com, it cost a small fee but I think it will be worth it.

we did go to Gatorland the second day, she liked it, it was a little calmer than MK & then we went to HS, Sea World & Ak, we did not make it to Universal Studios. I gave back the tickets< I did not think we would be back in the area again.

I wish that I had done some more digging around before we went, I also found out I could have had someone come with us to help, we would have had to pay for her way, meals & tickets, but she could have stay in the villa with us.

If I think of more I will post.
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: