Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #196
McPheronsLoveDisney
Earning My Ears

So happy you joined!! I love your screen name!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by McPheronsLoveDisney2 View Post
Hello everyone! I am new to this so please excuse me if I make a few mistakes. My husband and I are sailing on the Magic out of Galveston on 3/1 with our son, daughter in law and 2 gandsons. WE LOVE DISNEY!!!!

This is our 4th cruise with disney and are just finding out about the fish extender gift exchange and are totally excited about it. PLEASE add us to the list. We are looking forward to meeting other Disney cruisers.

Disneyland Home Away From Home
Disneyworld
April 2004 Carribean Beach Resort
Nov. 2005 honeymoon Saratoga Springs
Nov. 2007 Ds first visit 3 mos Old Key West
Dec.2009 Ds2 & Ds4 mo Animal kingdom Lodge
Nov. 2012 Saratoga and Coronado Springs
Mar. 2014 Dd first visit 3 mos Old Key West
Disney Cruise
2008 Disney Magic Mexican Riviera June 8-15
2011 Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 6-13
2012 Disney Fantasy Western Carribean Nov. 24
2013 DIsney Magic Galveston 8 Day
2013 Disney Wonder Westbound Panama Canal 14 Day
2014 Disney Magic Bahamas 4 Day Mar. 17-21
McPheronsLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #197
catislander
Mouseketeer

What is our FE cutoff date? I'm starting to get some ideas and want to plan my shopping.
catislander is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #198
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPheronsLoveDisney2
Hello everyone! I am new to this so please excuse me if I make a few mistakes. My husband and I are sailing on the Magic out of Galveston on 3/1 with our son, daughter in law and 2 gandsons. WE LOVE DISNEY!!!!

This is our 4th cruise with disney and are just finding out about the fish extender gift exchange and are totally excited about it. PLEASE add us to the list. We are looking forward to meeting other Disney cruisers.
Welcome!! I have added you to the FE list. :-)
Old 12-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #199
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catislander
What is our FE cutoff date? I'm starting to get some ideas and want to plan my shopping.
January 31 will be the cutoff for adding new members to the FE list.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #200
DobieLover
Earning My Ears

what's the better nights to plan for the adults only dinner? i don't want to "miss out" on one of the special nights... also, once i book a dinner/spa treatment/shore excursion, can it be cancelled?
DobieLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #201
laenie
Mouseketeer

Booked and ready to sail!

Hello all, myself and my DH are booked on the 3/1/13 Magic out of Galveston. We are looking forward to experiencing a Disney cruise (I have done one but he has not) and are excited to get to know others cruising with us. Anyone else doing an adults only cruise?
Laenie
laenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:57 AM   #202
mareed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laenie View Post
Hello all, myself and my DH are booked on the 3/1/13 Magic out of Galveston. We are looking forward to experiencing a Disney cruise (I have done one but he has not) and are excited to get to know others cruising with us. Anyone else doing an adults only cruise?
Laenie
I think those of us without kids will be in the small minority on this cruise due to the Kids Sail Free offer. I'll be there with my Mom, so we'll be 2 women - in 40's and 60's. I posted a while back looking for other adults-only travelers, but I think you're the first I've seen! This will be my 2nd ever cruise and first for my Mom, so we're similar in that.

I had booked this earlier, but re-shopped and booked at a discount while on my Thanksgsgiving Magic cruise, so we lost our Main dining and currently have 2nd seating, and are wait-listed for Main. I'm afraid we won't be able to get switched, and I'm not sure whether to even try to switch once we get on-board, but eating at 8:15 at night seem so late! Hopefully there will be some other adult-only groups that Disney can assign us a table with. My Mom and I get along great, but I'm looking forward to having some others to chat with over dinner!
DCL Magic: Nov 12, Mar 13 - Wonder: Sept/Nov 13, Feb 14 B2B
RC Cruise: Jun 14

mareed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:23 AM   #203
Dustmouse
Proud DISer for 13 years!

Hi mareed and all the rest!

I am also sailing with my mom on 3/1 out of Galveston! We sailed on the Dream last November and had a wonderful time. We were originally booked again in November, but switched itineraries when they offered Castaway Cay and Port Canaveral as an option. Mom loves CC and I can't miss a chance to be at WDW if only for a day!

June 2001 *Swan* - June 2006 *Beach Club Villas* - June & October 2009 *All Star Sports & Contemporary MK View* - April 2011 *Pop Century* - November 2011 *Disney Dream & Polynesian* - June 2012 *Port Orleans Riverside & Beach Club* - March 2013 - *Disney Magic* - June 2013 *Offsite Timeshare* - November 2013 *Disney Wonder* -June 2014 *Disney Wonder to Alaska* - August 2014 *Port Orleans French Quarter & Disney Dream*
Dustmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #204
mareed
DIS Veteran

Hi Dustmouse and others!

What are you planning for WDW day? We're on first shuttle to Epcot (6:30!) to check out the Flower and Garden items (day before official opening, I believe). Have lunch booked at Le Cellier (curious about how lunch menu will change once it's 2 dining credits), and then we'll likely head to DHS for TOT (my Mom's absolute favorite!) and Star Tours, and then end up at MK to see new FantasyLand. I don't think I've ever done 3 parks in one day, so it will be a novelty, but feel that I have to make the most of that one day.

What do you recommend at Castaway Cay? It will be my first time, and I'm thinking of probably sticking to the adult beach area (is it Serenity Bay?) and doing some snorkeling, but basically having a relaxing, louging beach day. We'll need to rest up for our marathon WDW day!
DCL Magic: Nov 12, Mar 13 - Wonder: Sept/Nov 13, Feb 14 B2B
RC Cruise: Jun 14

mareed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:34 PM   #205
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareed

I think those of us without kids will be in the small minority on this cruise due to the Kids Sail Free offer. I'll be there with my Mom, so we'll be 2 women - in 40's and 60's. I posted a while back looking for other adults-only travelers, but I think you're the first I've seen! This will be my 2nd ever cruise and first for my Mom, so we're similar in that.

I had booked this earlier, but re-shopped and booked at a discount while on my Thanksgsgiving Magic cruise, so we lost our Main dining and currently have 2nd seating, and are wait-listed for Main. I'm afraid we won't be able to get switched, and I'm not sure whether to even try to switch once we get on-board, but eating at 8:15 at night seem so late! Hopefully there will be some other adult-only groups that Disney can assign us a table with. My Mom and I get along great, but I'm looking forward to having some others to chat with over dinner!

Hi, Mareed! I am not on an adults-only vacation, but your post caught my eye because we currently are assigned to main dining and are thinking of moving to late. So hopefully a spot will open up for you and your mom!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #206
catislander
Mouseketeer

Cruise meet meeting on cruise

Greetings to all of our March 1 cruisers. To give everyone a chance to but a face to a screen name there will be an on-board cruise meet meeting on March 2 at 9:30, at the Mickey statue in the atrium. Hope to see everyone there.
Happy planning!
Sherri
catislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #207
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Thanks Sherri! Also, for those who have not joined us on our Facebook page (see link in post #1 of this thread), I will be making some door magnets for anyone who would like one. Please send me a PM (so I can keep track without having to scroll old posts) and I will add you to the list. I usually just drop them off sometime during embarkation day, but if I can't then I will bring them to the 3/2 meet. See you soon!

Alexis
Old 12-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #208
traceyj123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by threewilmingtonwalls View Post
Hi, Mareed! I am not on an adults-only vacation, but your post caught my eye because we currently are assigned to main dining and are thinking of moving to late. So hopefully a spot will open up for you and your mom!
Hi Alexis, We are on late dining. I like it much better than early.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:22 PM   #209
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyj123
Hi Alexis, We are on late dining. I like it much better than early.
I like late dining much better, too!
Old 12-18-2012, 03:02 AM   #210
Cocolina
Earning My Ears

Our first Disney Cruise

We will be sailing on this cruise! It is our first Disney cruise and my son's first cruise. Very excited!

Colleen
Cocolina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: