Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2012, 06:50 AM   #16
2goofycampers
Sounds like something a camping trip could cure
Enjoy the beer and wine you will love it

Just a note. You don't know if someones business practices are great until you have seen the product or had an issue come up.

2goofycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #17
auntie
It's a really lovely way to spend the afternoon
THAT does sound good ;)
Everything I type sounds wierd today
I am the underwear fairy

I think that's why it is so important to recommend (or not recommend) a service based on personal experience with that vendor. Which, apparently there seems to be plenty of at this point.
One can see where it is awkward for a poster/customer to post an accurate review of an experience when the service provider is also a member of the forum. Possibly a good reason why those who provide a service to fellow campers should probably be paying for advertising on the site.

In any case, I hope the poster looking to cancel the resevation is able to contact the owner and resolve the issues to everyone's satisfaction.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #18
bama_ed
My old avatar was the blue Muppet named Grover

My friends who had a ressie with Tina had to cancel about two weeks ago. We are going to push the Fort ressies out into the future sometime (date unknown) but I can say honestly that Tina processed the deposit refund in a few days (less than a week). So it was handled in a timely fashion.

Bama ED
Jan 1988 FW 700 Loop (tent).......Jan 2004 FW 2500 Loop (cabin)....... Apr 2011 FW 2000 Loop (pop-up)
May 1988 FW 1200 Loop (tent).... May 2006 FW 900 Loop (pop-up) .... Mar 2012 FW 1500 Loop (pop-up)
Dec 1995 Contemporary.............. Mar 2007 FW 1000 Loop (pop-up).... Apr 2013 FW 100 Loop (pop-up)

plus countless WDW day trips, DL 3X, DLP 2X - TV: 2005 Chevy Suburban - Camper: 2014 Aliner Expedition - Nights Camped: 182
bama_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #19
vtjohn
Earning My Ears

I did finally get refunded, but way too much heartache trying to follow up that I will not be going this route next year when we come down. It seems that I could rent a cabin and get the free dining plan if I pick the right November/December date next year and not have to rely on a third party for vacation plans. Tina's service sounds great, but communication is not.
vtjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #20
logella
Earning My Ears

As some that successfully used Tina a few times this thread was disturbing. I've now noticed that her wesbite is no longer active.
logella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #21
capcrn2009
Earning My Ears

this is exactly what i was afraid of when i logged on here. ty for link to bbb.
capcrn2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #22
logella
Earning My Ears

We're beginning to think about our trip to the Fort for next year. In doing so I remembered this thread and the troubles that folks were experiencing with Tina. I looked up her website and looks like it's active again. So I'm wondering if anyone has rented from her recently and how the experience went.
logella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #23
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

After what I've seen and heard others go through, I, personally, would never use her company. There's others out there that hasn't had bad postings for. That's not a way to build up confidence in a business. Your customers are your advertisement.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #24
happycamper47
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
After what I've seen and heard others go through, I, personally, would never use her company. There's others out there that hasn't had bad postings for. That's not a way to build up confidence in a business. Your customers are your advertisement.
Totally agree. Her Better Business Bureau rating is "F".
happycamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #25
mouseketeer_mom
DIS Veteran

I would say to be extremely cautious if you are considering renting from campatthefort.com. My brother and his family had reserved a camper with Tina last February for this past November. After numerous (more than 7) attempts to contact her with questions, they cancelled their reservations. Her lack of communication (no response for over two months) made them too nervous. They cancelled in July.... still no refund.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #26
shecoo
Earning My Ears

Angry Problem getting money back from Tina Edmonds RV Rentals

My son and his family and my husband and I rented both RV's from Tina Edmonds RV Rentals the first week of April 2013. Due to the deaths of 2 family members, we had to cancel our trip. Tina assured us that she would refund the money but that it might take a while. Tina will not return my phone calls and has not responded to letters I sent her - I sent one by certified mail, so I know she received it. We are both out over $900 ($250 was for the refundable deposit). Tina was very nice when we called to reserve the RV's but it's obvious she is ignoring us now. We're very disappointed. I know other people have had a problem getting money back from her. If anyone has suggestions, I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Sherry
shecoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #27
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shecoo View Post
My son and his family and my husband and I rented both RV's from Tina Edmonds RV Rentals the first week of April 2013. Due to the deaths of 2 family members, we had to cancel our trip. Tina assured us that she would refund the money but that it might take a while. Tina will not return my phone calls and has not responded to letters I sent her - I sent one by certified mail, so I know she received it. We are both out over $900 ($250 was for the refundable deposit). Tina was very nice when we called to reserve the RV's but it's obvious she is ignoring us now. We're very disappointed. I know other people have had a problem getting money back from her. If anyone has suggestions, I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Sherry
Sorry for your problems, but as I've said before, I would never rent from her as there has been lots of bad reviews.

Did you not check for feed back on her 'before' deciding to rent? That would always be the best way to go before sending large sums of money in advance for 'any' service.

Hope you receive the money back that you have advanced to her.

I 'really' don't understand how she continues to stay in business, but sounds like she has good reviews as long as no one has any problems and needs to cancel. Bad, bad business in my book!!
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: