Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #16
TTA Traveler
Earning My Ears

Would I be correct in saying this is similar to Poseidon's Fury over at Islands of Adventure? If so, how would you compare it on an enjoyment level?
Old 12-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #17
Senator Tressel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTA Traveler View Post
Would I be correct in saying this is similar to Poseidon's Fury over at Islands of Adventure? If so, how would you compare it on an enjoyment level?
It's nowhere near the scope of that. You basically go into a room for 3-4 minutes and stand on concrete. Then you go into another room and stand on concrete while a thing happens for 8-10 minutes.
Senator Tressel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 11:09 PM   #18
VikingInMouseEars
DIS Veteran

OK I admit it, I didn't read up on the attraction at all before I saw it and I really had no idea that Capt. Jack was a hologram. Now that I know that, it just makes the special effects all that much more amazing.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:08 AM   #19
bandit90
Mouseketeer

I saw it the other day and while the effects were cool, I can't entirely say that for the rest it. My family and I were kinda disappointed in it.
bandit90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:13 AM   #20
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrysmom14 View Post
We had a different opinion of it....that's why they make chocolate and vanilla! We were there Thanksgiving week and were really disappointed that we waited in line for it. That was the overwhelming feeling of everyone around us when we were coming out...that it wasn't worth the wait at all. I have 2 kids...12 yr old boy and 8 yr old girl and they did not like it all. It is very hard for the little ones to see as well. If there is no line, my suggestion is to go to see what it's like. If there's a line...skip it.
This was our opinion of it too. The effects were cool. The kids couldn't see well and really didn't get it. I wouldn't really call it "interactive" persay. I'd have been much happier if we weren't packed in the room like sardines and if you could sit down.

It is not on our repeat list.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #21
Murron
Murron

Meh. Walk walk walk walk the parks all day and then you can't sit, watch, "interact" and cool off. It's all about moving large crowds. Too bad because the effects are very cool. I did enjoy it but its a one time show (ok maybe two) for me. We had small pirates with us, and they started squiggling after 5 minutes.

While we adults think all this technology is wonderful, the kids are light years ahead of us. Maybe the Imagineers should consult with 10-12 year olds.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: