DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 11:32 PM   #16
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

Our new project in January is going to be to photograph each letter of our last name somewhere on property. We'll pick our favorite representation of each letter, and we hope to frame the photos together. It'll be a fun "hunt" to find unique renditions of the letters around the world.
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:41 AM   #17
AnimalPrincess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Princess View Post
Our new project in January is going to be to photograph each letter of our last name somewhere on property. We'll pick our favorite representation of each letter, and we hope to frame the photos together. It'll be a fun "hunt" to find unique renditions of the letters around the world.
I LOVE this idea!!!

AK CM '05-'07.
Thank god for DVC so I can get my WDW fix, unfortunatly not often enough!

AnimalPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 01:01 AM   #18
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Get a passport and go around each land of EPCOT getting it stamped!

Take 3 days out and get a last minute deal on a disney cruise ( we sometimes do this and dont check out of our room but you can to save cash or points depending on booking )

Drive up International drive its fun

Hire a gps and just go for a road trip of walmarts going to as many as you can find lol
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:01 AM   #19
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Take the tour at the Wilderness Lodge.
We love to rent bikes and ride around Ft. Wilderness. It's especially nice from Halloween through Christmas/NY when you see the fantastic decorations that the campers set up!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #20
bwvBound
DVC SSR & other timeshare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Hire a gps and just go for a road trip of walmarts going to as many as you can find lol
??? When we exchanged to Smuggler's Notch we went scouting for as many covered bridges as we could find ... but Walmart?
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #21
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwvBound View Post
??? When we exchanged to Smuggler's Notch we went scouting for as many covered bridges as we could find ... but Walmart?
Location of the suggestor is UK, so that's something to consider! We Americans don't appreciate what we have!

Also WL is my favorite resort, I've been known to go there, walk around at night, and just be there, eating dinner at Artist Point is optional.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #22
bwvBound
DVC SSR & other timeshare

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Location of the suggestor is UK, so that's something to consider! We Americans don't appreciate what we have!
Fair enough!
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #23
BabsBunny
Mouseketeer

1. Actually use the jacuzzi in a one or two bedroom villa.

2. After a busy day, get in your comfies and enjoy a bottle of overpriced crummy wine, a delivered pizza, and people watch on your balcony. Then fall asleep watching a movie.

2a. Drink your morning coffee in your pajamas on your balcony while you watch those poor people up and running at 7:30 am trying to make EMH rope drop.

3. Go for a morning hike whether it be at your resort, from one resort to another, or around DD.

DVC Fan and AKV Owner
BabsBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #24
Fenceman
Mouseketeer

Take the monorail loop and explore each of the resorts. We timed it for a drink at the GF and listened to the entertainment.

Drive all the roads in the park and look for shortcuts and the different ways in and out of the park.

See how many places (resort, park, DTD) you can visit without taking a WDW bus. Boats, monorails and Surreys are OK, but not your car.

Explore the trails between WL and Fort Wilderness. See if you can find River Country.
Fenceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #25
Murron
Murron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabsBunny View Post
1. Actually use the jacuzzi in a one or two bedroom villa.

2. After a busy day, get in your comfies and enjoy a bottle of overpriced crummy wine, a delivered pizza, and people watch on your balcony. Then fall asleep watching a movie.

2a. Drink your morning coffee in your pajamas on your balcony while you watch those poor people up and running at 7:30 am trying to make EMH rope drop.

3. Go for a morning hike whether it be at your resort, from one resort to another, or around DD.
This is us!!!! LOL!!! We also do resort hopping quite a bit. Since BWV is our main stay, we bring a bottle of wine to the BCV "beach" across the way and just relax in the evening during the fireworks. We also love to walk over to Epcot wait until Illuminations is over and stroll very very slowly out of the deserted park.

We've done the Kim Possible thing....the Hidden Mickey thing.... but it's the relaxing thing I enjoy the most.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #26
BabsBunny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murron View Post
This is us!!!! LOL!!! We also do resort hopping quite a bit. Since BWV is our main stay, we bring a bottle of wine to the BCV "beach" across the way and just relax in the evening during the fireworks. We also love to walk over to Epcot wait until Illuminations is over and stroll very very slowly out of the deserted park.

We've done the Kim Possible thing....the Hidden Mickey thing.... but it's the relaxing thing I enjoy the most.
A fellow Disney slacker!!!

We are staying at BWV (Boardwalk view) in February. It's the only WDW DVC resort we haven't stayed at yet. Can't wait!

DVC Fan and AKV Owner
BabsBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #27
mecllap
"Skamps"
Hugh Jackman -- major beefcake!
Once a DIS Sleuth, Always a DIS Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenceman View Post
Explore the trails between WL and Fort Wilderness. See if you can find River Country.
Can you actually find RC? Willing to share any hints about landmark(s) to find it? That was a fun day on our very first WDW visit, and it was gone by the next one.
mecllap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #28
rcchello
DIS Veteran

Try hitting the most resorts without using a car or bus without using a park pass. You can bus to your starting point. Try using the most forms of transportation. No walking across roads outside the resorts.

Bob
OKW - SSR
Next Trip - Fantasy Eastern

Just because it worked for me or worked this way in the past or is part of the great Dis lore is no reason it will work this way in the future. Depending on the CM you get, new interpretation of the rules, changes in rules, weather over the Himalayas, your results may be different.
rcchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #29
Fatalbie
Mouseketeer

Movies by the pool
Campfires
Slow stroll through DTD with stops at Disney Quest, World of Disney and Ghirardeli for a free choclate square ( maybe two if you take your hat off the first time!!!)
Night swims-kids love that
Mini golf
Boat rides

Adults only-
Drinks and cigar on the "patio" at Fuego, Sosa 's cigar bar
Massage and time at the SS Spa

Jim
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1342900&page=5
Fatalbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:05 AM   #30
DeeCee735
"How Do You Know of the Key?"

1)If it's an all adult group - Jellyrolls! Awesome
2)Grand Floridan Tea for lunch
3)Spa treatment at one of the spa's (one of my absolute favorites!)
4)Touring the monorail hotels, and having lunch at one of them, via the monorail.
5)Taking the boat around seven seas lagoon just for a nice leisurely ride

Have a great time!

AKV 6/14,VWL5/14,BWV 2/14,BWV 11/13, AKV 10/13,AKV/BWV 3/13,AKV 2/13,BWV 12/12 SEDONA RCI TRADE 4/12,BWV 2/12, OFFSITE 12/11,AKV11/11,DREAM/BWV 4/11, AKV 2/11, SSR 1/11, BWV 6/10, HH 3/10, AKV/BWV1/10,AKV11/09, OKW 3/09, BWV 1/09, BWV 10/08,AKV/BWV/HHI/CHARLESTON PL 4/08,BWV 9/07, HH 4/07, BWV 2/06, BWV 10/05, OKW 2/05,BWV 3/04,BWV 10/03, BWV 2/03, BWV4/02,Wonder&BWV2/01,BWV 5/00,Offsite2/00,WL/CS98,Poly 6/95
DeeCee735 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: