DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
circhead
Mouseketeer

BLT Lake View 30th Anniversary Trip

Thank God we purchased DVC when we did.

It's been a rough couple of years financially for us. My husband's company downsized (cut 75% of its employees) and those left standing, my husband included took a 30% pay cut. I've had 3 different jobs in 4 years because 2 of the jobs eliminated my position less than 6 months after being hired - I've had this new job for a year now and am hoping it stays - because in the last 4 years i've been out of work for more than half of it.

Anyway, money has been tight but we didn't want to let our 30th anniversarypass without at least a little nod to it and each other, and as strange as this may seem going to Disney since we are DVC members has become an inexpensive vacation at gorgeous hotels. No intention of going to the parks - resort hopping and pool days are our agenda.

My question, since we've never stayed at BLT, is any suggestions on resort activities or sights that we should try to make sure tosee. We picked BLT because we've never been there and we thought we could do some Monorail resort hopping.

Thank you for any suggestions or advice you can offer!
Old 12-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
montrealdisneylovers
Mouseketeer

We love BLT!!!

A lot depends what you are looking for. We love to be immersed in the magic so we really enjoy MK view where we can sit on our balcony with morning coffee or evening cocktail and watch the coming and going of the park. Some people prefer more tranquility and if you are that type you would probably enjoy a lakeview room.

Riding the monorail to the other resorts to simply walk around is a must. We also enjoy taking the big ferry back and forth as well as the little boat that goes to Wilderness lodge.

A short walk to the bus depot at the Magic Kingdom and you can hop on a bus to any other resort to enjoy their facilities.

Hope you have a great time!! We will be there soon and cannot wait!!!
montrealdisneylovers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
cvjw
DIS Veteran

Our family of 4 spent a great afternoon at BLT renting the little mice boats and riding around Bay Lake and the 7 Seas Lagoon. You get a discount if you are a DVC member.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:56 AM   #4
MulanMom
DIS Veteran

The boat not only goes to WL, but also Ft. Wilderness. We spent part of a summer afternoon at BLT just riding the boat to Ft. Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge! Had it all to ourselves practically! I believe there is a walking trail between the two resorts (WL & FT. W) that you can spend some time enjoying.

Viewing Wishes from TOTW is also very nice. Visiting TOTW without Wishes is relaxing!

We had a lake view room and enjoyed viewing the Electric Water Pageant from our balcony.

You've had a rough 4 years! Maybe arranging for a couple's massage may be the perfect treat!

Have a great trip! Although our past 4 years haven't been as difficult as yours, we're feeling the pinch as well. Soooo glad we bought in years ago. We were very close to selling it! Yet, something made me procrastinate on that!
MulanMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #5
Greysword

DIS Dad #618
Fantasmic is not rainbows and unicorns; it is a full contact sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulanMom View Post
Viewing Wishes from TOTW is also very nice. Visiting TOTW without Wishes is relaxing!

We had a lake view room and enjoyed viewing the Electric Water Pageant from our balcony.
I agree with both of these. We enjoy watching Wishes from the roof, so we usually see it multiple nights.

The Contempo cafe is nice to sit and have a counter service meal, while people and monorail watching.

The Contemporary usually has movies on the beach (ok it's a small beach - more like a strip of sand - but a beach none the less) after dark. Of course, you can pool hop to the monorail resorts (I think, you may need to check on the GF since they added the new Alice themed water play area).

We also like to window shop in the stores along the concourse, and the Fantasia Market has a nice selection of DVC items.

Oh, a (somewhat) inexpensive hunt for you may be to see how many non-park pressed pennies you can collect. There are multiple machines in each resort, and it may be a nice theme (goal) for your trip.

The BLT logo in my signature takes you to the Contemporary thread on the Resorts board, and you may find more info on there.

Congrats and good luck!
- Chris, DIS Dad #618.

Greysword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulanMom View Post
The boat not only goes to WL, but also Ft. Wilderness. We spent part of a summer afternoon at BLT just riding the boat to Ft. Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge! Had it all to ourselves practically! I believe there is a walking trail between the two resorts (WL & FT. W) that you can spend some time enjoying.
Yes there is a walking trail between WL and FW. It's a nice walk and you might even see a deer or two along the way. You can also rent a surrey bike or regular bikes at WL and go for a ride along that same trail.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: