Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #466
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

I love the photos of your Chicago day... I've never been and I love see different places... I have to admit being slightly geographically challenged on the midwest (a fault shared by many East Coasters ) I thought you were in Indiana- is Chicago (which yes I do know is in Illinois...) a day trip for you?

(& Btw... I also believe you can connect Disney to anything with a little thought...)

I love that Noelle was warming up to the characters... maybe it's a dog thing too... Pluto... Goofy... so cute...

Parker really loves them too... and that's why we do the Character Meals to see those smiles...I'm glad Chef Mickey's worked out well for you... I've heard such mixed reviews...

I love that sleeping to 7:10 is late for you at Disney... that would be late for my DH too... after 7 he would definitely get twitchy but for a BB day...it looks like it worked out great...

Hmmm... I like the idea that BB is so white... those of us with those Irish/English complexions can blend in with the snowmen...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #467
katt789
DIS Veteran

Looks like a great meal at Chef Mickeys! Gotta love the monorail!

ACK! The picture of Noelle waving at Pluto, and her with the pillow pet is absolutely adorable!! So cute!

Instagram:Katt789
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #468
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
i think i think of him as a cow looking thing, because of clarabel cow...they look sort of similiar, but he might be a dog...i have no clue what he is suppose to be?
Have you ever seen Stand By Me? There's a scene devoted to this topic ending with 'What the hell is Goofy?'

jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #469
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Great updates and pics.

I enjoyed the food at AofA also but we only ate there twice.

The reflection pics in Chicago were nice.

Looks like fun times at Chef Mickey's.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #470
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Sorry i have not been on in a few days, we went out of town saturday for my birthday, which is today, the big 30.

will try and get another update in today if not i will make up for it tomorrow.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #471
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Hope it's a good one!

Old 12-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #472
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
I love the photos of your Chicago day... I've never been and I love see different places... I have to admit being slightly geographically challenged on the midwest (a fault shared by many East Coasters ) I thought you were in Indiana- is Chicago (which yes I do know is in Illinois...) a day trip for you?

(& Btw... I also believe you can connect Disney to anything with a little thought...)

I love that Noelle was warming up to the characters... maybe it's a dog thing too... Pluto... Goofy... so cute...

Parker really loves them too... and that's why we do the Character Meals to see those smiles...I'm glad Chef Mickey's worked out well for you... I've heard such mixed reviews...

I love that sleeping to 7:10 is late for you at Disney... that would be late for my DH too... after 7 he would definitely get twitchy but for a BB day...it looks like it worked out great...

Hmmm... I like the idea that BB is so white... those of us with those Irish/English complexions can blend in with the snowmen...
yep we do live in indiana, the northwest corner of it...with our major highways and no traffic you can make it to downtown in about 45 minutes, but usually it is about an hour with some traffic.

we take alot of day trips during the year...there is also a few train options that take you into the city that run a little over an hour, but are worth it sometimes to not drive and the kids enjoy the train ride in.

thanks, for all the nice comments. we just are not really late sleep in people...but it works out great for disney then you get to get up and go for another fun day ahead.

if you are too white though some people might think you are one of the snowman decorations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Looks like a great meal at Chef Mickeys! Gotta love the monorail!

ACK! The picture of Noelle waving at Pluto, and her with the pillow pet is absolutely adorable!! So cute!
yep love everything with the monorail,

those are the moments of the disney trips that make them worth it to see them so happy to be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Have you ever seen Stand By Me? There's a scene devoted to this topic ending with 'What the hell is Goofy?'
no i havent that sounds really funny though.

will have to check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Great updates and pics.

I enjoyed the food at AofA also but we only ate there twice.

The reflection pics in Chicago were nice.

Looks like fun times at Chef Mickey's.
i saw the first time you had pizza what did you end up getting the second time?

thanks scott there are many neat photo ops in the city, i just forget to take alot of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post

Hope it's a good one!
thanks jenny it was and has been a good one so far.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 12-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #473
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 20. Glow Stick Juice.

Chapter 20. Glow Stick Juice.

First off sorry for being away from updates the last 5 days or so.

My birthday is today and i had a few busy days leading up to it.

Friday night i worked late, and had to rush home to go out to dinner with candi, sister, and brother in law for my birthday, when we got back to there house there was a surprise birthday party for me.

had to run back into work saturday morning to finish a few things that were happening while i was out of town on monday and tuesday.

then sat. we dropped the kids off at the in laws on the way to one of the state park inns that we like going to for an extended weekend sunday through tuesday.

It was very relaxing just sitting by the fire, and swimming going to a winery etc.

it was fun in the pool there was no one there so candi and i did some of the things you loved doing as a kid.

cannonballs...
spinning jumps into the air...
running as fast you can to try and run across the water...
and of course
the ninja mid air leg kicks.

but back to work and hte normal routine today.

Now back to the report.

before we left the gift shop, we traded some pins with the CM's and then headed down to the bottom level of the contemporary. where we went out hte back doors toward the lake for our annual picture in the mickey ears.
i brought my little tripod for this picture especially and set it up.

then we made our way down the long dock towards the end.

noelle needs to have a little talking to already trying to expose the shoulder to the boys. luckily there were none around for me to fight off.

we hung out at the end for a little bit waiting for a boat.

when i thought to turn back and take a picture of the two hotel parts.

then i had the idea that i might as well try a sunset picture with the panaromic option on, so i switched the camera over to that mode and ended up with this.

i was pretty proud of how it turned out and if anyone wants it just send me a PM or reply and ill send you the original full resolution version of it.

it was getting dark so time to bust out the glow sticks.

i get out the tube that we had and break open one for each kid...then crack another when it snaps in two and glow stick juice flys all over me...it hits my arms, my shirt, my face, spots on my cheek and above my eye, luckily none got in my eye...but a little kid that just came up with there family did ask him mom why that man was glowing.

i quickly rubbed my arms, and it came off there, then wiped my shirt it came off that, then the face, candi informed me it came off, but i had to trust her that i didnt have smeared glow stick juice on my face, that would be a site to see.

now why did we even go to the boats anyway...well to get back to MK thats why... you could have taken the monorail dummy you might be thinking...and you are correct but what is the fun in that...

we took the boat from Contemporary to WL...as we pulled up a MK boat was boarding the WL, so we walked across and hopped on the boat to the MK...

from there we could have taken the direct bus back to our resort you may be thinking wrong.

we opted for the monorail as what would a direct route back to the hotel be.

and to our luck we had this bad boy pull into the station.

i love the outside of these special monorails but the insides are terrible for seeing out and taking pictures so you just sit back and enjoy the ride to the TTC.

from there we hopped over to the Epcot line.

I mean who doesnt like going through Epcot on the monorail and seeing the park.

so finally after a "few" modes of transportation and the "quickest" way possible back we boarded a bus and were on our way back to AoA.

and wouldnt you know it we were able to manage all of those perfectly.

as soon as we got on the first boat, there was the second boat waiting for us, the monorail was pulling into the MK station, the second monorail was boarding as we were walking up to the TTC one, and as we walked to our bus it was opening its doors for us...good transportation mojo.

once back at the hotel we went through the gift shop per our nightly ritual. and parker got another cars vinylmation.

we had the dreaded 10 second hold your breath after paying for it to see if it was one he already had. the first one being chick hicks.
from a few nights before.

the CM's loved watching him open it to see what it was.

i had to help loosen the foil for him to get it open and saw it was a red car..but which one? so i knew we safe for the time being on not getting a double of chick hicks again.

this time it was none other than.

he was thrilled with it and so were the CMs that he bought it from.

as we were walking back to the room they were playing Lion King on the blow up movie in the lion king section.

back in the room it was time for a little event we like to call pluto pillow pet wrestling.

my money is noelle she bites after all, and doesnt play fair.

we are working on that biting thing.

while candi got the kids ready i did the evening mug refill run for us.

bed time was upon us and the early alarm set for 6:00am had us all in bed around 10:00 that night.

next time MK here we come.

Daily Highlights.
1. Sleeping in.
2. PJ breakfast (that sandwhich was awesome)
3. BB fun.
4. Characters interaction at Chef Mickeys.
5. Noelles first character love.

Blessed by the Best

Last edited by FauntleroyFAN07; 12-12-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #474
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
they are very soft and cuddly i wanted one but didnt get one. i wish they would come out with a donald one.

parker already had a dino one at home but he got a mickey one this trip also.

what other ones do you have.
We have Lady one and a Dalmation one and a Pluto one. I like the Eeyore ones !!

Happy Birthday !! How nice that your parents will keep the kids while you and Candi get away for the weekend. My parents just won't do it so we can never get away alone. Sigh .... some day.

Last edited by jecskc; 12-12-2012 at 05:06 PM.
jecskc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #475
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday!!

Great pictures of CR and BLT!

Lightning McQueen...cheers!!

What an awesome day!!!
WDWaddictt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #476
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Dan
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #477
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Loved the update !! Noelle is a cutie , even if she is a biter !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #478
KatMark
DIS Veteran

First off, Happy Birthday again, Dan (I posted on your FB thread too).

What a great update. I love the panaromic picture of CR and BLT.

Too funny about Noelle and the dress hanging off her should to get guys attention.

Wonderful photo of all four of you by the Mickey ears.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:58 PM   #479
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Happy Birthday

Sounds like a fun weekend

Great rest of day update

Noelle seems like she is a little feisty, bet you got your hands full with that cutie

Great pic at Contemporary
Old 12-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #480
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
no i havent that sounds really funny though.

will have to check it out.
It's one of my favorite movies. It's not family friendly though so don't say I didn't warn you!

I love taking boat rides from the resorts. I was attacked by gnats though when we stayed at Wilderness Lodge. Rain + humidity + lake = lots of bugs!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: