Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #46
Peter Fan
Peter Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse

Just ate at CP a week ago. Our breakfast was $22.99, and was hot and delicious, also no children were running around noisy while we were there.

The dinner was $35.99, not $50+. Have never ever paid more than this for the dinners. Maybe they are on major holidays - don't know, never desire to be there at those times.

Also, we just ate the dinner buffet at Trails End. It was one of our least expensive meals, and also one of our best ones. The smoked brisket and ribs were outstanding.
Quote:

What was your price per person? We were there the Mon. after Thanksgiving and paid $35.99 per person, but our best tips would never equal that much difference. I have our receipt right here - always keep them til we get home just to see how much we spent on food. We always do better without the dining plan, no matter what we eat.
I don't recall per person. I just remember looking at total bill after $25 tip and thinking I wish I could be a server here.
Peter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #47
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Fan View Post
and thinking I wish I could be a server here.
and I've wished for many things in my life in and out of Disney but one thing I'm sure was not one of them, "serving food to thousands of people from many countries, states and far away lands!" In the words of Jack Nicholson, "I'd rather stick needles in my eyes!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #48
Peter Fan
Peter Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEASLYBOO

and I've wished for many things in my life in and out of Disney but one thing I'm sure was not one of them, "serving food to thousands of people from many countries, states and far away lands!" In the words of Jack Nicholson, "I'd rather stick needles in my eyes!
Oh I agree it's a very stressful job, but it could sure be alot of fun also.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #49
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

We enjoy Disney Buffets. The only time we eat buffets are at Disney. I like the variety for our family because of our eating habits. Just because a buffet is all you can eat, it doesn't mean you eat all you can. You have a choice, in my opinion.

At home, we avoid buffets, I refuse to step foot in the Golden Corral. DH hates that about me, I just can't do it. But we do eat out often.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #50
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
I like the variety for our family because of our eating habits. Just because a buffet is all you can eat, it doesn't mean you eat all you can. You have a choice, in my opinion.
You are totally right, I eat no more at Boma than I do at a sit down restaurant, like you, I really enjoy the variety! Now my 16 year and his buddy, 6'3" +, both football players, step aside, it's going to get "ugly"! Though they do have excellent table and buffet manners!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #51
Tormania
Mouseketeer

If you are worried about the germs at a buffet then odds are going to a theme park where MILLIONS of people from all over the world go probably isn't a good idea either. YMMV
Tormania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #52
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

Why would the buffet spoons be any germier than any other surface you are touching hundreds of times a day all around the parks, resorts and buses? That makes zero sense.

Wash your hands before you eat. That is good practice whether you are eating at home, at a buffet or anywhere else for that matter.

To the OP: If you are implying your child got a stomach virus that caused her to be sick, those viruses have incubation periods that make it unlikely she came into the contact with the virus at the restaurant if she was throwing up hours later. More likely she contracted it days earlier.

If you are implying she got food poisoning, that would have nothing to do with the other guests but would be a matter of bad food preparation practices by the restaurant, which is just as likely to happen at a sit-down restaurant as it is at a buffet.
Megsie1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #53
Clamesa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by therustyscupper View Post
1) we usually avoid buffets and ayce places.
2) but, not for "germ" reasons.
3) we find the buffets are filled with too many noisy/unruly guests.
. . . Folks let kids run around
. . . Folks talk much too loud
. . . Folks let kids yell and scream
4) we find that *most* ala-carte eateries have more respectful people.

note: I do not expect vacation destinations to have solemnly quiet
eateries, but a roar or din is too much for us.
ditto.

April-May 2004 All star Music. My very first time in Disney. September 2004 All star Movies. Disney + Universal. Our first weeding anniversary. January 2010. CSR. Our son first time in Disney. May 2011. CSR. Mother's Day celebration at Disney. April-May2012.CSR: My birthday celebration In Disney. November 2012. POR RGR: Thanskgiving at Disney. September 2013 CSR our 10th wedding anniversary. September 2014 POR our 11 wedding anniversary.
DH DS Me
Clamesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #54
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

It's not very appetizing for me to watch people in line at buffets scratch their butt, pick their nose, cough, sneeze, play with the food.

I don't do WDW buffets anymore, though, mostly because, IN MY OPINION, they are on the same quality level as a Golden Corral, or even a high school cafeteria. The hot food is never hot, the cold food is never cold and for me the quality just isn't there.
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #55
Peter Fan
Peter Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob NC
It's not very appetizing for me to watch people in line at buffets scratch their butt, pick their nose, cough, sneeze, play with the food.

I don't do WDW buffets anymore, though, mostly because, IN MY OPINION, they are on the same quality level as a Golden Corral, or even a high school cafeteria. The hot food is never hot, the cold food is never cold and for me the quality just isn't there.
And you don't think that doesn't happen in the kitchen.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #56
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yep, it does. I know someone who worked in one and was horrified.

The only way to control your food preparation is to eat at your own home. I have no intention of going that route all the time so we try to eat at *clean looking* eateries and not obsess about it.

I have no problems that jump out at me concerning WDW eateries, so I enjoy eating at most of them, including a few favorite buffets. One thing we do because we like to eat early is to make ressies at opening, and the food looks and tastes fresh enough for me. TS foods are not always prepared for a person right at ordering - some things are prepared in advance (has to be). Also, some meals ordered from menu have been gotten off the buffet by the server (or gotten in the back from some of the same dishes). Ordering from a menu does not necessarily mean *food prepared right then fresh and just for me*.

The same cooks in the kitchen handle all types of meals (whether it be from menu or buffet).
North of Mouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #57
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

Quote:
I mentioned in the second sentence of my post the MAIN reason I don't do buffets.

You must have missed that part.
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #58
Peter Fan
Peter Fan

Quote:

Yep, it does. I know someone who worked in one and was horrified.

The only way to control your food preparation is to eat at your own home. I have no intention of going that route all the time so we try to eat at *clean looking* eateries and not obsess about it.

I have no problems that jump out at me concerning WDW eateries, so I enjoy eating at most of them, including a few favorite buffets. One thing we do because we like to eat early is to make ressies at opening, and the food looks and tastes fresh enough for me. TS foods are not always prepared for a person right at ordering - some things are prepared in advance (has to be). Also, some meals ordered from menu have been gotten off the buffet by the server (or gotten in the back from some of the same dishes). Ordering from a menu does not necessarily mean *food prepared right then fresh and just for me*.

The same cooks in the kitchen handle all types of meals (whether it be from menu or buffet).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob NC

I mentioned in the second sentence of my post the MAIN reason I don't do buffets.

You must have missed that part.
I have no problem with them either. If you obsess with these things you would never leave your home.
And yes Bob I guess I missed that part. Still don't see it.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #59
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Yes, you would leave your house, you'd just be selective where you eat. Yes Im sure restaurants have sanitary issues, heck my family owned a NY eatery for 30 years but I still prefer NOT to see it, not saying that I've seen tons of nasty things at wdw but the question was, do I avoid buffets. So if I have my druthers I prefer not to eat where I see little kids sneezing over the pasta them running back to the table.
eliza61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #60
wezee
Am I cheating on my husband, if I have dreams about Mickey Mouse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
1) We usually avoid buffets and AYCE places.
2) But, not for "germ" reasons.
3) We find the buffets are filled with too many noisy/unruly guests.
. . . folks let kids run around
. . . folks talk much too loud
. . . folks let kids yell and scream
4) We find that *most* ala-carte eateries have more respectful people.

NOTE: I do not expect vacation destinations to have solemnly quiet
eateries, but a roar or din is too much for us.

Next Magical Moment: Sept. 2013
March 1995 Off site, Feb 2000 POFQ, March 2006 POFQ (25th Anniv.)March 2007 POFQ, Oct. 2007 POFQ, Sept. 2008 POFQ, Oct. 2009 POFQ, March 2010 POFQ,Sept 2010 POFQ, Feb 2011 POFQ, Oct. 2011 POFQ (30th Anniv.)., POFQ Sept 2012,
wezee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: