Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #1141
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

It always makes me laugh when my family is walking around in jeans and T-shirts and the Floridians are wearing their winter coats/hats/mittens!

They always know who is from the North!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #1142
teheber
CYCLING IS HOW I ROLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Sounds like me! We were at a restaurant eating -

Hubs: So... how many days until 'February'
Me: *eating* I don't know
Hubs: Liar.
Me: *without looking* Fine, 72.

Times needs to hustle the heck up!

I found 2 dolls at Meijer today that I've been looking for forever... and naturally I had my oldest DD with me and couldn't grab them. You know they'll be gone when I go back, too
Good things come to those who wait,, but we are tired of waiting.

teheber is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #1143
Ds4angels
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
It always makes me laugh when my family is walking around in jeans and T-shirts and the Floridians are wearing their winter coats/hats/mittens!

They always know who is from the North!

We're planning on spending a few days after Disney over on the
Gulf Coast w/ my parents. I'm sure the beaches will be almost empty other then us "crazy Northerners
Old 12-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #1144
moopdog
Dreaming of Disney....

What should I have in my "disney-box" right now? I'm behind!

I have had a major home renovation going on the past few months and am very much behind my usual Type A planning. We are going to be there the first week in February and all I have set aside right now is one canister of glo-bracelets (my kids like these at the parks), & a pair of sunglasses I came across in my daughters room and decided to put away for trip before we lose track of them again.

What do YOU have?? It will inspire me to get busy!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #1145
Ds4angels
Mouseketeer

We picked up glow sticks at Target $1 spot the other day, wondering where dh put them????
Old 12-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #1146
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

I usually layer- t-shirts with a tank underneath and a sweatshirt if it's cold. I wear my grey track bottoms/leggings or shorts when it's warmer. Shoe wise I wear my Sketchers (made the mistake of wearing sandals to DHS..by Backlot Tour my feet were screaming) or flipflops for the pool. Luckily I've got quite a collection of sweatshirts so I'll be well prepared for cold snaps!

Our holiday box has things like sunscreen, travel bottles, hand sanitiser bottles, sunglasses, bags, things like that we need to take with us.

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: Feb 2012 TR ~ PTR ~ No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip!

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #1147
melissarose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80

I love wearing dresses and they make a good portion of my packing list. The good thing about dresses is that you can dress them up or down. A sweater and stockings will warm up a dress and it's easy peasy to take them off if the weather starts to get too hot.

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards
You're right! I'll wear tights if it's cooler. I'm sure I will be fine I am from Canada after all lol. Dresses are my best friend so I wanted to bring lots of them!
melissarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #1148
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

So my house decided to surprise me yesterday. Plumbing leak!! Luckily, we live in a condo and the HOA will cover everything. Except the nightmare that is moving everything out of their way. They are completely re-routing all of our plumbing and replacing it with copper. For a quick moment, when I thought I was going to have to foot the bill, I panicked and thought "does this mean no Disney in Feb??"

We are considering replacing the carpets now, since everything is pretty much moved out of the way already. But I'm just not sure how we do Disney AND new flooring!

Oh well, at least the major expense is not mine!
Old 12-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #1149
KristiKat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moopdog View Post
I have had a major home renovation going on the past few months and am very much behind my usual Type A planning. We are going to be there the first week in February and all I have set aside right now is one canister of glo-bracelets (my kids like these at the parks), & a pair of sunglasses I came across in my daughters room and decided to put away for trip before we lose track of them again.

What do YOU have?? It will inspire me to get busy!
I have all kinds of goodies in mine. I've been buying the kids Disney tees as I see them on sale. So I've been putting those in the box, don't want the kids to wear them out before the trip. I plan to decorate my window at POR so I have my Mardi Gras colored lights and beads as well as some Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Daisy pics in the box. I have my suction cups for the lights and other decor. I have a timer for the lights. I have my extension cord as well as a power strip for charging phones etc. I've also started buying the little travel items we need so I have some shampoo, conditioner, lotion, body wash, and clorox wipes in there. I think that's about it for my box. My DH thinks it's nuts, lol.

Me DH DSS13 DD8

1982 offsite,1987 The Disney Inn,1991 Caribbean Beach Resort,1997 Fort Wilderness,2011 & 2013 Port Orleans Riverside,2012 & 2014 Shades of Green
KristiKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:13 PM   #1150
luckycharliegirl
Mouseketeer

big thunder mt rr will be closed now! along with splash mtn and teacups, and that boat thing i never did as a kid and wanted to.
luckycharliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #1151
melissarose
Mouseketeer

I just panicked but then I looked it up and I'm pretty sure BTMRR in Disneyland is closing in January, not WDW.
melissarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:23 PM   #1152
Starclassic
‎"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~Walt Disney

Yeah, it's Disneyland BTMRR that'll be closed, not Disney World.

WDW official website also no longer has Teacups listed as being closed? Kind of confused about that...

Feb.2012 ASMu, Feb.2013 ASMu, Feb.2015 Pop

Starclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #1153
luckycharliegirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starclassic View Post
Yeah, it's Disneyland BTMRR that'll be closed, not Disney World.

WDW official website also no longer has Teacups listed as being closed? Kind of confused about that...
so SORRY for jumping to conclusions!! i panicked!!! breath...deep breaths...
luckycharliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #1154
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckycharliegirl View Post
so SORRY for jumping to conclusions!! i panicked!!! breath...deep breaths...
I pictured the funniest thing when I read this... Something along the lines of reading it at your computer, eyes going wide, and then falling to your knees screaming 'NOOOOOOOO' like Monica Gellar when she lost her apartment in a trivia game against Chandler and Joey....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUdlNepBj3U
Old 12-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #1155
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
So my house decided to surprise me yesterday. Plumbing leak!! Luckily, we live in a condo and the HOA will cover everything. Except the nightmare that is moving everything out of their way. They are completely re-routing all of our plumbing and replacing it with copper. For a quick moment, when I thought I was going to have to foot the bill, I panicked and thought "does this mean no Disney in Feb??"

We are considering replacing the carpets now, since everything is pretty much moved out of the way already. But I'm just not sure how we do Disney AND new flooring!

Oh well, at least the major expense is not mine!
Well, that is kind of great, just really bad timing. Glad the bulk is going to be taken care of by the HOA! Hope it all gets back to normal before Christmas! Plumbing problems can turn a Happy Christmas into a Crappy Christmas and we wouldn't want that!

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney world planning, february 2013

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: