Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
robynslp
Mouseketeer
 
robynslp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Coastal NC
Posts: 97

Cooper River Bridge Run

Anyone doing the Bridge Run in Charleston, SC? I did it 2 years ago and it was great (I was terrible, but the race was good). Friends did it last year and said it was terrible. I have a friend who wants to do it this year with me and was wondering if anyone else would be there.
robynslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,136

we are thinking about doing it with DS and some of his college friends from USC. What was terrible about it last year? We have walked it before, but not run it. It is a pretty good uphill. I guess we need to decide because we haven't registered or booked a hotel yet.
__________________
Rose&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-12-2012, 11:36 PM   #3
speshlist
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 8

I love this race! I did it 2 years back as well as the first race/walk my Mom and Dad ever did (in their 60's and 70's) and now they are hooked!

Charleston is an awesome city - too bad I live so far away on the other side of the country or I would absolutely do it!
speshlist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:40 AM   #4
dragitoff
DIS Veteran
 
dragitoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,109

Quote:
Originally Posted by speshlist View Post
I love this race! I did it 2 years back as well as the first race/walk my Mom and Dad ever did (in their 60's and 70's) and now they are hooked!

Charleston is an awesome city - too bad I live so far away on the other side of the country or I would absolutely do it!
My wife is from Charleston and we've heard about this race before and seen pictures of this race at a shoe store that I buy my Newtons from. We go over that bridge all the time and the climb would be tough but the decent would definitely be fast and scenic!
dragitoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #5
cewait
DIS Veteran
 
cewait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm
Posts: 5,643

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
we are thinking about doing it with DS and some of his college friends from USC. What was terrible about it last year? We have walked it before, but not run it. It is a pretty good uphill. I guess we need to decide because we haven't registered or booked a hotel yet.
Oh, the typical for a 40k runner 10k. Started with transportation issues then a delaying the start as a result. From there I heard water was an issue. From what I read and hear, the race has addressed the issues.
__________________
_________________
Coach Charles
Perfectly Goofy 2006-2014
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #6
robynslp
Mouseketeer
 
robynslp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Coastal NC
Posts: 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait

Oh, the typical for a 40k runner 10k. Started with transportation issues then a delaying the start as a result. From there I heard water was an issue. From what I read and hear, the race has addressed the issues.
I hope so! We did the boat for transportation to race start. If you do the race with someone and think you may get separated, make sure you have a designated meeting spot. It is crazy down there and the cell signals don't work well! Not sure if it will be the same this year, but 2 years ago there was a Methodist church allowing runners to use the bathrooms.

I'll probably run it. I am just worried about the problems from last year.
robynslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.