Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #1
missusa82
Mouseketeer

Who is your FAVORITE Server on the Fantasy?

Would love to know who was your favorite server on the Disney Fantasy and why.

Thanks!
Past DCL: Dream 10/2011, DCL: Fantasy03/2013
Future DCL: Fantasy 10/2014
Seaworld Passholder: 2011, 2012 & 2013
Cruise Dream Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2829162

missusa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
disprincess4ever
DIS Veteran

We had Curtis from Jamaica as our assistant server. He was wonderful! Curtis was a very kind and polite man. He was always smiling and just had an overall kind personality that could be felt. He reminded me of just a kid happy to be living. A positive disposition on life with wonderful service! I do hope he will get promoted to a main server soon, he deserves it!

Disney Fantasy: 7 night Western Caribbean June 2012
Disney Magic: 12 night Mediterranean w/ Venice June 2013, 4 night Bahaman April 2014
disprincess4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
scrapbookmomma74
We love DCL!!!

Helen from Scotland was our Assistant Server on the Dream in Oct. 2011. When we were on the Fantasy in June 2012, she has been promoted to Server. She is AWESOME! She has great personality and interacts well with our girls, 9 & 12.
A lifetime of memories at the "World"! 1974, 1975, 1983, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, DCL Magic 2010, DCL Magic 2011, DCL Dream 2011, DCL Magic 2012, DCL Fantasy 2012, DCL Dream 2012, DVC Member Cruise Dream 2013, DL Resort Summer 2013, DCL Fantasy 2013, DCL Magic 2014
[/url][url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
scrapbookmomma74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
jennab05
Mouseketeer

We were on the Nov 10, 2012 Western Fantasy and we had Dewayne from Jamaica and Ricardo from Portugal and Depesh was our head server.

Words cannot express how absolutely perfect our experience was with our waitstaff. Extremely friendly, outgoing, helpful, everything you could possibly want and so much more. They paid attention to the little things (like we kept running out of butter for the bread so they'd have extra set out on our table each night).

Ricardo is actually back home in Portugal right now but he said he wanted to go to the wonder when he came back. Dewayne and Depesh is still on the Fantasy. Great group of guys and outstanding service.
jennab05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:13 AM   #5
missusa82
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much! On our last Dream Cruise we were blessed with Constantine! He did magic tricks for the kids and over all was just so pleasant to talk to and get to know. The kids still talk about him often!

Old 12-13-2012, 11:36 PM   #6
dgmommie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennab05 View Post
We were on the Nov 10, 2012 Western Fantasy and we had Dewayne from Jamaica and Ricardo from Portugal and Depesh was our head server.
We cruised on the Fantasy this past summer, and Dewayne from Jamaica was our server. He and his assistant at the time (Franco/Francisco from the Dominican Republic) were awesome! They were so great, in fact, that I not only wrote about them on the comment card, I contacted Disney directly to tell how great they were. Franco was due for a promotion at any time, so he may be a server now as well.

They were both very attentive, and went above and beyond to make us feel special. Dewayne would stop us to talk each time he saw us other places on the ship. Franco entertained us with brain teasers each night at dinner. He'd give us a problem, and then continually give hints to help us solve before he'd go ahead and give us the answers. So funny but true - one of the brain teasers he did was an actual problem my daughter was given in her gifted class this week. She was the first to solve it, while others took almost an hour to get it! Who knew cruises could be educational too?
Feb. 1992 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Big Red Boat (Disney cruise), Nov. 2000 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Feb. 2002 - WDW All Star Sports, Polynesian, Sep. 2003 - WDW Polynesian, Dec. 2004 - WDW Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Oct. 2005 - WDW Pop Century, May 2006 - Disneyland, Mar. 2007 - WDW Pop Century, WDW Coronado Springs, DCL Wonder, Nov. 2007 - DCL Wonder, Dec. 2008 - Disneyland, Dec. 2009 - DCL Wonder, Mar. 2011 - WDW Pop Century, DCL Dream, July 2012 - DCL Fantasy - GOLD CASTAWAY CLUB MEMBERS NOW!!!, Dec. 2012 - Disneyland, Feb. 2013 - DCL Magic, WDW (cruise stop), Mar. 2014 - DCL Fantasy
dgmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #7
missusa82
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgmommie View Post
We cruised on the Fantasy this past summer, and Dewayne from Jamaica was our server. He and his assistant at the time (Franco/Francisco from the Dominican Republic) were awesome! They were so great, in fact, that I not only wrote about them on the comment card, I contacted Disney directly to tell how great they were. Franco was due for a promotion at any time, so he may be a server now as well.

They were both very attentive, and went above and beyond to make us feel special. Dewayne would stop us to talk each time he saw us other places on the ship. Franco entertained us with brain teasers each night at dinner. He'd give us a problem, and then continually give hints to help us solve before he'd go ahead and give us the answers. So funny but true - one of the brain teasers he did was an actual problem my daughter was given in her gifted class this week. She was the first to solve it, while others took almost an hour to get it! Who knew cruises could be educational too?

Old 12-18-2012, 09:42 PM   #8
melaniejh1016
Mouseketeer

We had Claudia from Jamaica and Ana from Serbia. They were both so wonderful. So good with the 2 little girls we had at our table. Service was quick but we didnt feel rushed.
melaniejh1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:54 AM   #9
Kimosabe
DIS Veteran

We just got off the Fantasy on Saturday, 12/15, and loved our server, Amanda from Mexico. Amanda was wonderful and took great care of us, remembering favorites and preferences among our party of nine, allowing us to order multiple entrees, facilitating a special request for an item not on the menu, always bringing out the 15-month old's plate immediately so she could eat, helping my DD10 order from the adult menu, etc.

However, the thing that stuck most in my mind was on pirate night. DD10 and her cousin (also 10) wanted to stay out a little later after the fireworks and enjoy the dance party on the pool deck. The rest of us were pooped, so we left them with a Wave phone and told them to be back at the rooms at 11:30 (about 45 minutes of "independence"). My other Wave phone rang in the room at 11:25, and DD10 asked if they could stay until 11:45. Why? "We're dancing with Amanda!"

We also had Gabi from Romania when we ate at Palo. (It was like interacting with Wolfgang Puck -- close your eyes and hear the accent, and it's him!) He immediately asked if we had any concerns with particular types of food (allergies, etc.) and then asked what we typically like. He then proceeded to make recommendations that were spot on, including one thing I had seen on the menu and didn't think I would like...but got it based solely on his recommendation, and it was one of the best things I ate all week. The main dining rooms' servers always give recommendations, but usually based on their own preferences rather than yours. At Palo, Gabi listened first and then made his recommendations. What impressed me the most was when I told him I had been planning to get a certain item on the menu and he basically said, "you don't really want that." He then explained why and I was glad he did. I went another direction with his approval and was thrilled with what I got. Gabi is the man!

A final point on Gabi -- when we first sat down, it took a while for Gabi to arrive at our table and introduce himself, and he looked quite frustrated with something but still very professional to us. After a few minutes, I looked across the restaurant at another table he was serving and immediately realized why he was (or should have been) frustrated. The other table was a couple that had been on one of my excursions earlier in the week. The husband had come across as less than pleasant (I'll leave it at that!), and I could only imagine how he was treating Gabi. You don't treat a waiter at a restaurant like Palo as your servant, and I have no doubt that this other guy was doing that. After they left, Gabi's mood brightened significantly and we had a wonderful evening!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #10
nicbic97
Mouseketeer

We had Dewayne from Jamaica in September as well and we absolutely loved him. He went above and beyond with anything we needed. We felt uncomfortable with our table mates and mentioned it in passing the first night and we dined alone the rest of the cruise. The first night of the cruise my son asked for a mickey bar because he wanted the sprinkles. Dewayne saw he only ate the sprinkles and asked him why. DS said he only wanted sprinkles for dessert. The next night he came out with a plate of sprinkles with his name written. Each night for the rest of the cruise he brought him a plate of sprinkles in different shapes. My son was in heaven. We went for breakfast one day in one of the MDR's and DS remembered he had ice cream there one day for lunch. As we were explaining there was no ice cream at breakfast time, Dewayne disappeared and he came back with ice cream he hand scooped out from the rock solid ice cream container in the walk-in freezer! He also noticed that sometimes my husband would sit across from me and sometimes he would sit next to me so he would set two place settings each night and then remove the one he didn't use He is an amazing server. It sounds like his assistants fluctuate a lot though. When we were on the fantasy he had an assistant name Jose. He was fine, but nothing special, but Dewayne always made up for it. Try to request Dewayne

5/15/99-18th b-day visit to MK, 9/28/12-MNSSHP, 9/29/12-10/6/12-Fantasy Western, 5/12/13-5/16/13-Dream 4 day Bahamaian, 11/10/13-11/15/13-Magic 5 day Western, 12/30/13-1/3/14-ASMo, 6/2/14-6/9/14-Alaskan Wonder
nicbic97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: