Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #31
dfchelbay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarlingcoyote View Post
We discuss issues on message boards to enlighten others which this thread is doing.

As to pimply faced teens. . .maybe if that wasn't all electronic stores hired the stereotype wouldn't be there. I don't and won't shop in B&M electronic stores. The male kids they hire see 40something female and either won't wait on me or treat me like an idiot. Amazon gets my business by default.
How dare you!
dfchelbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #32
Axel
Introduce a Little Anarchy. 1979-2008
Pi a la ModeJack, I swear…

Outside of my iPod (which I only have because they've kind of cornered the market on portable music), I don't buy Apple products.

They're just too darn expensive and I don't know how so many of my college friends have Apple-this and Apple-that (OK, I know how a few of them have it, and it's because mom and dad have deep pockets).

I have an Acer that works just fine, even runs Photoshop and a whole slew of other "fancy" software. I pad around $300 for it when my cousin's Macbook with comparable hardware cost close to $1500.

Maybe I'm just not hip to my generation, but I'll always be a PC/Android person. I know too many people with complaints about poor service for too much money with Apple.
September 1996::WDW 25th Anniversary::Fort Wilderness\\October 1999::Millenium Celebration::FW\\November 2001::WDW 30th Anniversary and 100 Years of Magic::FW\\December 2004::Purchased DVC::FW\\ November 2005::WDL 50th Anniversary::Saratoga Springs Resort\\December 2006::Year of a Million Dreams::SSR\\August 2007::Pirate and Princess Party::Boardwalk\\November 2007::YoaMD::SSR\\February 2008::with Lissy::Villas at the Wilderness Lodge\\August 2008::with Nora::Old Key West\\December 2008::with Shianna::SSR\\February 2009::What Will You Celebrate?::Beach Club Villas\\January 2010::Un-Birthday:::Animal Kingdom Lodge\\May 2010::Dad's 65th/With Molly::OKW\\January 2011::Un-Birthday::Bay Lake Tower\May 2011::With Nora::BCV\\May 2012::One More Disney Day::OKW\\January 2013::Damon's First Trip::OKW\\March 2013::Spring Break with Sarah::OKW\\May 2013::College Grad!::VWL\\July 2014\ACTUAL BIRTHDAY TRIP!!!\Villas at the Grand Floridian\

You must always remember to smile.

restaurants eaten at: 143/251
my blog
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 01:10 AM   #33
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

I am also disappointed in Apple. We decided not to extend our warranty on my iPod Classic. About a month later, the head phone jack broke. Should be a cheap and easy fix, right? Well, they want to charge me $200!!! No thanks, I'll take my business else where...

theworldneedscolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:10 AM   #34
mieuxmew
Mouseketeer

I purchased iTouches for my kids on Black Friday last year from Amazon as Christmas presents. My son's battery was having issues last week and they replaced the iTouch. Purchase date in their system is 12/25/11.
mieuxmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:59 AM   #35
auralia
DIS Veteran

I got a launch ipad 2 and the cell connection was dead from day one. When I brought it back 2 weeks later it was replaced but if you don't buy their warranty then your warranty disappears once you replace your ipad once. So when I has screen issues 6 months later they said they wouldn't replace it because the one year warranty ends when you switch it out the first time. I complained because my first exchange was a doa item. It took 20 minutes but they did swap it out, but they acted like they were doing me this big favor. For 830$ I expected to actually have a one year warranty on it not a one year/one fix warranty and then it is gone.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: