Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #16
Reddy
Scrapbooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppins2000 View Post
Afternoon,

Had my annual girlie Dr. appt. early this morning and ran some errands afterwards so I'm just now getting to my computer.

So I'm driving in Key Largo on the way to the doctor. There is a pick up truck alongside me, actually slightly ahead of me, when all of a sudden I hear this grinding metal sound coming from the pick up. I glance over just in time to see the left rear tire roll off the truck, bounce into my car and then continue to roll down the middle of the highway! The tire is followed by the truck brakes and some other round object, all rolling willy nilly all over the road. I managed to pull over until everything rolled on by. No damage to my car - I was lucky! The pick-up driver was pretty shaken up, he just had that tire put on a couple miles down the road! So I get to the dr. 20 minutes later, the nurse was taking my vitals and commented that my BP was a bit high. Really..wonder why? HAHAHA! Nobody got hurt so all is good

Will be scrapping this afternoon - have a great day!

Becky
that is scarey - I"m so glad no one or your car was hurt
big truck or reg trunk??

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyah View Post
afternoon all

Reddy send them north what I don't eat I'll send back shelled

gotta get more clean up done and put boxes away. need to get house in order for the weekend party. 3 ball games on sat then 4 extra 12 yr olds better stock the fridge!
most people come in with a hand full at this moment then shell & eat in the livingroom - I'm told my house really feels like a home for just about everyone

should be great Christmas presents
along with Jelly
Old 12-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #17
Poppins2000
DIS Veteran

It was a regular pick up truck, the driver just had the tire replaced a mile down the road. That tire rolled right off, I'm willing to bet the tech who replaced the tire forgot to put the lug nuts back on! Very lucky that no one was hurt!
2012: AKL-Dream to Bahamas-BLT, BWV, OKW, VBR, OKW, VBR, Dine/Dash @ SSR, Turkey Day at Vero Beach
2011: BCV-Wonder Panama Repo, SSR x 2, AKL, CSR 2010: Wonder Double Dip, CSR-Birthday Trip, YC, AKL, BC, SSR 2009: Magic to Tortola, VWL, POR, POLY, BW, 2008: Magic Eastern Caribbean, ABD Emerald Isle, WL, SSR 2007: Joined DVC 06/07, POR, DWNTWN DIS, GF, SSR 2006: Moved to FL -Yippee! POP, Westgate, POR, Christmas at AKL 2005: Magic Western Caribbean, 2004: Wonder to Bahamas, 2003: DWNTWN DIS 2002: CBR, 2001: Honeymoon @ WL 1977-1998: HS Trips, Solo and Girlie Vacations August 4, 1976: 1st of many trips to WDW!
Poppins2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #18
Reddy
Scrapbooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppins2000 View Post
It was a regular pick up truck, the driver just had the tire replaced a mile down the road. That tire rolled right off, I'm willing to bet the tech who replaced the tire forgot to put the lug nuts back on! Very lucky that no one was hurt!
ugh!! with the big trucks there is usually a 2nd wheel to keep them balance - very lucky no one was hurt
Old 12-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #19
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

Definitely lucky no one was hurt....

I know my Dad told me after having my tires changed or rotated go around the car and check the lugnuts are on... I said..well, if they are on great..but what if they aren't tight... He laughed at me... so I tried turning them... the guy at the shop got sassy with me... I told him it was for my safety and his too!

Secrets still a go...but they keep taking my computer...
PrincessNancy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #20
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsneprincess View Post
Would you mind sharing the recipe for the peppermint foot soak? Sounds pampering....
It is very simple- I got it off the web from someone making handmade holiday gifts. I just mixed 5-8 drops of peppermint oil with a cup of Epson salt. I actually used something called relation oil (it is a mix of Eucalyptus and Mint Oil). It smells very good. I got the oil at Michael's in the soap making area for about $4.00.

Rebecca
Old 12-13-2012, 12:26 AM   #21
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

Thank you. I am going to try this. Sounds like a very nice gift for some friends. Thanks.
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: