Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #46
Sorsha
People, don't be like the chickens

A HUGE yes - but only to the "older" stuff. I love classic Disney, classic Looney Tunes, Flintstones, Jetsons, Yogi Bear, Scooby Doo etc.

I own the 40-year Anniversary DVDs of Sesame Street and most of the 'special occasion" DVDs as well - Sesame Street Christmas, Sesame Street Visits the Met. Museum of Art, Big Bird Goes to China, Big Bird Goes to Japan, Follow That Bird, etc.

I enjoy Arthur, and most of the PBS shows - I won't go out of my way to watch them, but if a child is watching them, they don't bother me. We were HUGE Blue's Clues fans too. Steve going away to college still makes me teary-eyed. Love Max and Ruby, Wonder Pets, Curious George, and Wild Kratts. Dora and Diego didn't bother me, and I LOVED Little Bear.

I LOVE the older holiday specials - Rudolph, Frosty, Charlie Brown, the Grinch, and all the others I watched as a child.

However, don't even get me started on the evils of what the Disney Channel has become - all that teen-y crap makes me ill - and I pretty much despise any cartoon created for the Cartoon network. I HATE SpongeBob too, but the kids can watch it in their own rooms, as long as I don't have to hear it.

My kids watch mostly older cartoons - we have them all on DVD - or older TV shows on TVLand or The Hub or Nick at Night - Cosby Show, Happy Days, Full House, etc.

Upcoming California and Disneyland Pre-Trip!
"My kids' through the years at Disney parks" video!
Sorsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #47
Mom_Rides
DIS Veteran

I love watching Jessie, A.N.T Farm, Shake It Up, Good Luck Charlie, Arthur, Martha Speaks, Sid the Science Kid, etc. with DD. I think they're great TV shows and I don't have to worry about their content.

Our first trip! June 5-11, 2010 @ POR
A short trip just for our Princess! April 17-19, 2012 @ POP
Mom_Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #48
st4rrab0vemybed
Mouseketeer

I absolutely love the Disney Channel, and watch Good Luck Charlie, Jessie, Kickin It & Shake It Up. I also enjoy Gravity Falls.
st4rrab0vemybed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #49
JohnMouse
Belle's my princess, Zooey's my quirky queen, Katy's my firework, Nina's my good night guide, and Stacey's my girl....Time to do the must-dos!

Nina on Sprout teaches Spanish words too. Tonight she told us that the Spanish word for "tree" is "arbol". She does sign language too.
JohnMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #50
Maridw
DisneyMom to Disneylover0105
Love to Dance
Tinkerbell Fan

Add me and my DH to the list. DH records Phineas & Ferb, Handy Manny and Chuggington.

Now that we have my DD and GDD living with us, we have either the Disney Junior Channel on or one of the other Disney Channels on.

Plus DH is a BIG Scooby Doo fan!
DL yearly 1969-78, Dec 99, Jul 04, Sept 06, Apr 07 FW 1972 SoG Nov 95, Jun 97, Jul 99, Nov 01 AS Sports Resort - Nov 2000; Apr & Nov 02; Mar & May 03; May & Oct 04, Apr 06 Coronado Springs Resort - Nov 03 Pop Century Mar/Apr, May, & Nov 05, Jan 06, Dec 11, Dec 12 Celebration World Resort Nov/Dec 09

It's A Girl - Natalie Grace! 4 years old now! Our dancing baby!

Maridw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #51
pooh4evr
Mouseketeer
In STL we drink soda and eat barbecue, use realators, eat sherbert, and drive on rout farty far

My kids and I ask each other " why you actin so cray-cray" Love Gravity Falls, Phineas and Ferb, the new Scooby - Doo Mystery inc.: Arthur.

When we had sprout my youngest had to watch Chicka every morning and Nina & Star every night, I miss seeing Kipper...that's Kipper, Kipper the dog, the dog with the slipper"... We also were big Bear in the big blue house fans.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #52
Maridw
DisneyMom to Disneylover0105
Love to Dance
Tinkerbell Fan

karly05 - DH saw Doc McStuffins first and told me about it. I think it is so cute.

Today GDD came home from daycare and was saying "ouch" and we couldn't figure out what was wrong. I was doing the whole "Does your elbow hurt? Does your knee hurt? Does your head hurt? Then what's the matter?" (finally figured her pull-up was not sitting quite right and when lifted it would pull into her).

She was laughing and saying no to everything.
DL yearly 1969-78, Dec 99, Jul 04, Sept 06, Apr 07 FW 1972 SoG Nov 95, Jun 97, Jul 99, Nov 01 AS Sports Resort - Nov 2000; Apr & Nov 02; Mar & May 03; May & Oct 04, Apr 06 Coronado Springs Resort - Nov 03 Pop Century Mar/Apr, May, & Nov 05, Jan 06, Dec 11, Dec 12 Celebration World Resort Nov/Dec 09

It's A Girl - Natalie Grace! 4 years old now! Our dancing baby!

Maridw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #53
JohnMouse
Belle's my princess, Zooey's my quirky queen, Katy's my firework, Nina's my good night guide, and Stacey's my girl....Time to do the must-dos!

My new favorite show(besides NEW GIRL) is THE CHICA SHOW on Sprout. Here Chica and her perky friend Kelly run a costume shop and this sets up adventures where Chica pretends to be a different occupation. It's quite cute and funny-in addition to Chica's squeaks, I also like the antics of her parents, Mr and Mrs C, who remind me of an old-time vaudeville comedy team.

So what do you think of THE CHICA SHOW ?

Last edited by JohnMouse; 12-20-2012 at 10:58 PM.
JohnMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:03 AM   #54
fall08CP
Cheesehead

I DVR the Brady bunch, All That, and Kenan and Kel None of the current kids shows though.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:30 AM   #55
CharityLynn
DIS Veteran

I enjoy the teen shows (iCarly, Victorious, Jessie, Good Luck Charlie) but I can't say that'd go out of my to DVR any other cartoons.

Oh we watch My Little Pony Friendship is Magic although I am okay missing that too but I do find it enjoyable.

We often have cartoons on TV and I do watch them but I don't go out of my way to watch them if the kids aren't home.
Bay Lake Tower 10/10

CharityLynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: