Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #226
RitaE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaSB12
And yes, Kuei Fei, PW was definitely wrong to insult all Christians with that filthy mockery in Westminster Abbey with the gutter sl!t but maybe this is the end of a union between the Crown and The Church of England?
Well, in the fine tradition of Henry VIII - Prince William can just divorce and marry at whim and still keep his place as future head of the Church of England.
RitaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #227
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitaE View Post
Well, in the fine tradition of Henry VIII - Prince William can just divorce and marry at whim and still keep his place as future head of the Church of England.
Henry VIII was the first head of the church of England, he became that because the catholic church wouldn't let him divorce his wife. This was needed as he needed a boy in these times a Queen had never happened and wasn't acceptable and the country couldn't afford another war of the roses, this caused mass starvation. Now back to the present, now two journalists thought it would be funny to make a prank call

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa5JQC8VNdw
The nurse who got caught up in this has been found dead in a suspected suicide
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...d-8393236.html
Now she probably had problems but this obviously just pushed her over the edge its the saddest thing I have seen in a long time.
PaulaSB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #228
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaSB12 View Post
Henry VIII was the first head of the church of England, he became that because the catholic church wouldn't let him divorce his wife. This was needed as he needed a boy in these times a Queen had never happened and wasn't acceptable and the country couldn't afford another war of the roses, this caused mass starvation. Now back to the present, now two journalists thought it would be funny to make a prank call

Now she probably had problems but this obviously just pushed her over the edge its the saddest thing I have seen in a long time.

Wow. Wonder if those DJ's will get fired? This is just awful.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #229
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Just saw the breaking news, this is horrible. People don't think about the consequences of their "pranks".
Old 12-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #230
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaSB12 View Post
Henry VIII was the first head of the church of England, he became that because the Catholic church wouldn't let him divorce his wife. This was needed as he needed a boy in these times a Queen had never happened and wasn't acceptable and the country couldn't afford another war of the roses, this caused mass starvation. Now back to the present, now two journalists thought it would be funny to make a prank call

The Pope would not allow an annulment because he was the prisoner of Catherine's nephew, Emperor Charles V. He was not in position to grant anything Charles did not favor.
Henry VIII was a horrible person who forbade Catherine ever seeing their daughter, Mary, after she refused to give m a divorce. He had Anne Boleyn killed, got rid of Anne of Cleves because he didn't think she was pretty enough(weird because in paintings she looks prettier than any of the others) killed Katherine Howard cause she was an immoral woman who slept around, and was on the verge of ordering Katherine Parr killed. Jane Seymour, wife #3 who gave Henry his son was allowed to languish and die because of the delay in getting her the medical help she needed. I hope
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #231
DVCLiz
That's me - proud defender of the Mega roll
click here to use the trolldar
We saw "I pooted" and thought it was a "New York" thing!

Oh, my God, how horrific. This is just shocking - I am so very sad to see this tragic news.
DVCLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:42 PM   #232
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

IMO they should have been fired even before the suicide. They very publicly attempted to find out confidential (well in the US it's confidential anyway) medical information about someone who was ill. That's not ok, celebrity or otherwise.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #233
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc
IMO they should have been fired even before the suicide. They very publicly attempted to find out confidential (well in the US it's confidential anyway) medical information about someone who was ill. That's not ok, celebrity or otherwise.
I agree.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #234
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB
Just saw the breaking news, this is horrible. People don't think about the consequences of their "pranks".
I really hope they will be penalized for this. I'm pretty sure it is illegal to imitate anyone anyway and this could be considered as manslaughter by some. So very sad. The Royal family are so upset about it too.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:21 PM   #235
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc
Yes, it is totally confidential in the UK too, and people can lose their jobs or be punished for breaking patient confidentiality. What an idiotic thing they did. The Brits are so proud of the Royal family and would never do something so disrespectful. It would really have to be a foreigner who doesn't really respect confidentiality.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #236
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

Gah, some fool in England is saying horrible things about Kate and the royals. His name is Morrissey, never heard of him.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...icide-20121212

Ridiculous to blame this on Kate. This guy sounds like a complete moron if you ask me.
Elinor Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #237
nmmom95
I'm a pregnant lesbian in an interracial relationship
Or am I?

Morrissey was the lead singer for The Smiths. I was a huge fan in the 80's. Too bad he's an idiot.

Last edited by nmmom95; 12-12-2012 at 02:29 PM. Reason: typo
nmmom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #238
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Poor Kate is sick again and back in hospital.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #239
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

My girlfriend was hospitalized 29 times for it! She ended up with a pump for zofran (sp?). She swore she would never be pregnant again she was so miserable. It was awful.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #240
Mickey'snewestfan
DIS Veteran

I'm surprised she's back in the hospital. From talking with my friend who had the same thing so badly, it seems like the treatment is mostly IV fluids and nutrients and medication. While most of us would need to go to the hospital for that, you'd think the Duchess could afford round the clock nursing and medical staff to allow her to be treated in the comfort of her own home. I would even imagine that cost wise it would cost less to have say 1 doctor and 1 nurse 24/7 than to have the dozens of security personnel they probably have at the hospital.
Mickey'snewestfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: