Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 06:29 AM   #331
bethbuchall
Had to make sure she was in Disney World on her 40th

Quote:
Originally Posted by daughtersrus View Post
I think that the boy that said that was from a previous marriage of the third wife. It may be a name that he chose or was told to use because he's not his biological father.
The part that bothered me was not the name, it was that he said that Papa Joe is always the most knowledgeable about everything and basically acted as if the man were infallible. I believe that my husband is much smarter than I am, but there are certainly areas in which I am more knowledgeable than he. I would worry if my almost adult children were practically worshiping his knowledge like that.

bethbuchall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #332
Kitty 34
Hums in her sleep, but never when she's awake
I only raise tomatos for those cute caterpillars... but I won't go near a tomato
Never underestimate the TF!!!

What did everyone think of Sunday's show? Yes, I know it's Wednesday but I just watched it this evening.

It certainly makes Kody and his wives look awesome on raising a family in polygamy???
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #333
ebtbmom
DIS Veteran

It seems like they are determined to cast the Browns as "the good guys" this season. Why are they trying so hard to convince us?
11/2004 1st trip, ASM,11/2006 2nd trip, POP,6/2008 day trip DLR,11/2008 3rd trip, POP,1/2010 DLR at DLH!,1/2011 1st solo POFQ, 11/2011 POR, 3/2012 B-day trip! 10/2012 POP, 6/2013 day trip DLP 11/2013 POP 2/2014 CSR 2nd solo! 10/2014 CBR
ebtbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #334
brockash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebtbmom View Post
It seems like they are determined to cast the Browns as "the good guys" this season. Why are they trying so hard to convince us?
I don't think the Browns are "bad" people. Different, yes and they all probably have their own issues, but most people do. I did think it was really odd and naive of Christine (who's one of favorites) this week, when she said "I didn't know men could be *******s, I didn't know)... really?? That seemed a little much to me, but who knows.

I actually thought that the episode with the other poly family actually portrayed the other family as a more have it "together" kind of family and portrayed the Browns as more of a disorganized mess. I personally thought the other poly family was pretty sad, at least what we saw, the kids seem so brainwashed, especially compared to the Brown kids.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #335
ebtbmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockash View Post
I don't think the Browns are "bad" people. Different, yes and they all probably have their own issues, but most people do. I did think it was really odd and naive of Christine (who's one of favorites) this week, when she said "I didn't know men could be *******s, I didn't know)... really?? That seemed a little much to me, but who knows.

I actually thought that the episode with the other poly family actually portrayed the other family as a more have it "together" kind of family and portrayed the Browns as more of a disorganized mess. I personally thought the other poly family was pretty sad, at least what we saw, the kids seem so brainwashed, especially compared to the Brown kids.
I don't think they are bad people either, that's why it feels odd that they are trying to push that they are good polygamists!

I agree with you about Christine, does she not watch the news?
11/2004 1st trip, ASM,11/2006 2nd trip, POP,6/2008 day trip DLR,11/2008 3rd trip, POP,1/2010 DLR at DLH!,1/2011 1st solo POFQ, 11/2011 POR, 3/2012 B-day trip! 10/2012 POP, 6/2013 day trip DLP 11/2013 POP 2/2014 CSR 2nd solo! 10/2014 CBR
ebtbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #336
Teresa Pitman
DIS Veteran

I have to say, I love the idea of Stacey and Clinton coming on and doing a make-over of all the wives! Maybe they could do Kody too.

I was at a party last week and couldn't believe how many people were talking about this show. I've seen maybe half an episode but the commercials seem to be on all the time so I know more than I want to! But a lot of people seem to watch it - they were all talking about which one is their favourite, etc. I was surprised!

TP
Teresa Pitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #337
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockash View Post
I thought the same thing. Her saying that was waaaaaay too dramatic for me.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #338
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Christine's "I didn't know men could be...." Comment seemed scripted and joes family seems like a cult
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #339
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

My dd and I love the show (albeit we think its a weird lifestyle but the show is entertaining and we like the Browns) but when Christine said that, we both burst out laughing. All the Brown women have made references to the Warren Jeffs thing, she knows quite well that some men can be ba*****s.

As for the other poly family, they did seem a bit tightly wound. I also think its creepy for two sisters to share a husband. And they are identical twins to boot.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #340
BriarfoxinWA
DIS Veteran

I still don't quite understand why Meri wants such a large house. Her daughter will be going to college and it will just be her, by herself, most of the time. That and the whole wet bar issue didn't make sense to me. I also couldn't believe that Cody was trying to force her to decide whether or not to try to have a baby through invitro or some other means. I thought it was pretty cold of him to say "I'm going to have other children, you need to decide what you want". It was like he was rubbing it in that she couldn't have anymore so he'd have kids with his other wives instead.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #341
minnieandmickey
Queen of the run on sentence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarfoxinWA View Post
I still don't quite understand why Meri wants such a large house. Her daughter will be going to college and it will just be her, by herself, most of the time. That and the whole wet bar issue didn't make sense to me. I also couldn't believe that Cody was trying to force her to decide whether or not to try to have a baby through invitro or some other means. I thought it was pretty cold of him to say "I'm going to have other children, you need to decide what you want". It was like he was rubbing it in that she couldn't have anymore so he'd have kids with his other wives instead.
She wants the space for the other kids to be able to come over when they want to, that is the reason for such a large house. As for Kody's statement, I think it is more of wanting to move on, do you or don't you. It seems in the past, and even now with some of the comments of feeling guilty of wanting a large house when she only has one child and couldn't have more, that all she wanted was another child, now all of a sudden she's not sure. That is one of the things I'm not understanding with her, why all of a sudden is it such a big decision when all we've been hearing is how she wished she had other children. She is now being given that chance by Robyn wanting to be a surrogate, and it's like she is back tracking. I would be frustrated as well having to sit and wait for a decision after all those years hearing how she wished she had more.
My life at Disney: DL - started in 1978 too many times to count. First time AP holder in 2012, spent a total of 14 days! WDW- 10th anniversary- May 1999(Dixie Landings), 2005(off site),2006(POP/POFQ),2007(WLV),2008(AKV),2011(OKW) DCL- 3 day Bahamas Wonder 2002, 4 Day Bahamas Wonder 2006, 7 day Western Caribbean Magic 2007, 20 days on the Magic 2008, B2B Panama Canal and 5 day double dip, Sarah's gradapalooza 4 day Bahamas on the Dream and 7 Day Eastern Caribbean on the Magic 2011, DLP, October 2013
Up next Best Aunt and Uncle WDW/DCL, taking DNiece on her first trip! November 2014, Miami Western Caribbean October 2015 B2B Fantasy KK Reunion Cruise, Eastern Caribbean, October 2015
minnieandmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #342
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnieandmickey View Post
She wants the space for the other kids to be able to come over when they want to, that is the reason for such a large house. As for Kody's statement, I think it is more of wanting to move on, do you or don't you. It seems in the past, and even now with some of the comments of feeling guilty of wanting a large house when she only has one child and couldn't have more, that all she wanted was another child, now all of a sudden she's not sure. That is one of the things I'm not understanding with her, why all of a sudden is it such a big decision when all we've been hearing is how she wished she had other children. She is now being given that chance by Robyn wanting to be a surrogate, and it's like she is back tracking. I would be frustrated as well having to sit and wait for a decision after all those years hearing how she wished she had more.
I think Meri always used the fact that she was unable to have more children as a way to get attention and sympathy. She likes feeling sorry for herself and likes that the others feel sorry for her, too. If she takes Robyn up on her offer and has another child, that's gone. I think at some point she probably really did want more kids, but not anymore. Now, she just wants the status of "poor Meri with only one child."

I also think Janelle has totally has Meri's number. When they are being interviewed and Meri starts with the tears over wanting a 5 bedroom house but she's so sad she can't fill that big old house with kids, you can see Janelle's impatience. She often looks like she is trying not to roll her eyes. I think she's sick of it.

ETA: I'm sure Meri really did suffer a lot of pain as she struggled to conceive without success over the years. It must have been very difficult to see the other wives have baby after baby and not have one herself. I just think as time passed she accepted her fate but grew used to the attention and sympathy her situation brought her.

Last edited by Family Fun Mom; 12-13-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Family Fun Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #343
willowsnn3
Tagless not by choice but by circumstance

I don't think Meri wants another child now. Maybe a few years ago, but now I think she wants to enjoy life without the daily responsibility of a baby, but is afraid to admit that because she might be shuffled off to a 1 bedroom over one of her sister wives' garage, lol.

Book Challenge Goal 86/72

willowsnn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:25 AM   #344
mhsjax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebtbmom View Post
I don't think they are bad people either, that's why it feels odd that they are trying to push that they are good polygamists!

I agree with you about Christine, does she not watch the news?
I don't fin dit odd at all. Polygamists have never gotten anything but bad publicity, and it was well deserved. These families that have been reported, as in the ones that the other kids escaped from, are nothing but sexual slavery. I have never seen a story done on a family that works and isn't abusive. NOt that I agree at all with polygamy, but it has never been represented as something that isn't violent and disgusting and repressing women and children. The browns are working to overcome that.
mhsjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #345
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Ok in 4 years or seasons they never once mentioned having a dog now all of a sudden one appears and needs to be put to sleep

Did I miss seeing a dog in any show? I kept thinking back to all the full family get togethers in the different houses and back yards and just can't remember ever seeing that dog
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: