Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #1
mickyminnie890
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - That is was all started by a mouse" ~ Walt Disney

Exclamation How to reserve shore excursions?

Hello I was wondering how do we reserve shore excursions? Like can we reserve and pay online or do we reserve online and pay at the place? Also, where do I go to reserve for the on-shore excursions! Thank You!

WDW - Lost count of how many times I've gone there.
Disney Dream-3/28/14, 6/26/14
mickyminnie890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyminnie890 View Post
Hello I was wondering how do we reserve shore excursions? Like can we reserve and pay online or do we reserve online and pay at the place? Also, where do I go to reserve for the on-shore excursions! Thank You!
You reserve online, and it's charged to your ship-board account.

To reserve, you go access your reservation on-line and follow the links from there.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As a first time cruiser your booking window for excursions opens at 75 days out. Midnight eastern time.

You will need to log into your reservation (after midnight) and the option to book excursions will be available there. Just click on it and select your excursions.

When you make your excursion reservation, you do not pay then. It will be charged to your onboard account the day your excursion happens. You can cancel any excursion reservations you make at any time up until 3 days before your cruise departs without penalty. After that, you will be charged for a cancelled booking, unless DCL can fill your spot on the ship.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #4
mickyminnie890
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - That is was all started by a mouse" ~ Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
As a first time cruiser your booking window for excursions opens at 75 days out. Midnight eastern time.

You will need to log into your reservation (after midnight) and the option to book excursions will be available there. Just click on it and select your excursions.

When you make your excursion reservation, you do not pay then. It will be charged to your onboard account the day your excursion happens. You can cancel any excursion reservations you make at any time up until 3 days before your cruise departs without penalty. After that, you will be charged for a cancelled booking, unless DCL can fill your spot on the ship.

What time after midnight? Also, what do you mean about onboard account? So it will be reserved and do I have to pay for the excursion later while on ship?

WDW - Lost count of how many times I've gone there.
Disney Dream-3/28/14, 6/26/14
mickyminnie890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #5
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What time after midnight? Also, what do you mean about onboard account? So it will be reserved and do I have to pay for the excursion later while on ship?
The window opens at midnight eastern time. You can access you reservation (online) at anytime after that, day or night, whatever works for you.

Onboard account - while you are on the ship, it is a cashless society. Everything you purchase will be charged to your KTTW card. That is your onboard account. If you have an excursion planned, say, for the 1st port you visit, on that day the cost of the excursion will be charged to your account.

You pay off your onboard account just like when you check out from a hotel, at the end of your stay.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: