Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

We're doing another double dip to CC!! YIPPIE!!

Last year we booked a cruise while we were on our last cruse. And I waited and waited and waited for one of two cruises that I really wanted to come up in 2013 or 2014, and our first choice was a Double Dip back to CC which is what we did on our last cruise!!

So I called last night and was told, NOPE, there's none scheduled!!! So I started searching for an alternate choice and low and behold I found a 5 night DD on the Magic on October 20th, 2013!! And, to top that off when we were on the Magic last time we had two adjoining rooms, DIRECTLY across from the laundry. So my DW said that she would be happy if we could get the same rooms... I GOT THEM!!

We're both thrilled, even if it is just a 5 day and not a 7, but being in CC twice makes it all worth while!!!

Time to start planning our FE gifts!!!

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #2
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Welcome We're so excited to go too! This will be our first cruise.
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

That's so odd that they told you there wasn't a double dip! It's funny, I actually resorted to googling "double dip castaway cay" to find out when there was one planned. Seems like sometimes the enthusiasts know more than the call center staff! Either way, I can't wait!
EvaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
STLEdge
Mouseketeer

Hmm, that looks very intriguing for us October cruisers! Thanks for sharing!
Eastern Caribbean, Disney Fantasy, November 2014
STLEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #5
disneybeachprincess
Disney Girl from Day One

Thanks for the info on the DD to CC We loved our Dream cruise there this summer & are hoping to do another one

disneybeachprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #6
disneybeachprincess
Disney Girl from Day One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
My first cruise was on the Disney Magic & she will always have a very big spot in my heart! Love the Magic & the DD on CC! Prepared to be addicted!

disneybeachprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #7
jlwhitney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLEdge View Post
Hmm, that looks very intriguing for us October cruisers! Thanks for sharing!
It is out of Miami!
Old 12-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #8
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

This is also the very first sailing after the infamous 2013 extended dry dock. BIG surprises are expected!
EvaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #9
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybeachprincess View Post
My first cruise was on the Disney Magic & she will always have a very big spot in my heart! Love the Magic & the DD on CC! Prepared to be addicted!
Well, we've only ever been on one cruise. It was our honeymoon on The Big Red Boat. That was the year the Magic debuted.

So we got to the port and saw our ship and were marveling at how big it was. But then we saw the Magic next to her and were in awe with total ship envy! I told DH I really wanted to go on it one day. We never did get to go on a cruise. So now 15 years we finally get to go.

I chose this one because it was cheaper than the Fantasy. I wish it was 7 nights but I saw that it was a DD right after dry dock which I thought was pretty special.

In the end, I'm glad it's the Magic. It's like we've come full circle. Plus, we aer not crowd people and my youngest gets sensory overload with too much going on. I think the smaller ship is a much better choice for us anyway.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:56 PM   #10
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
We're thrilled that we actually found this!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaSue View Post
That's so odd that they told you there wasn't a double dip! It's funny, I actually resorted to googling "double dip castaway cay" to find out when there was one planned. Seems like sometimes the enthusiasts know more than the call center staff! Either way, I can't wait!
I had called earlier this year looking for a DD in 2013 and kept being told "no"!! So when some dates in 2014 opened up I started looking again to see if they had one and was still told "no"!! Then I decided we were just going to find a cruise to go on since we want to go to WDW in a few years!! Luckily I found this sailing with the DD to CC myself!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybeachprincess View Post
We love the magic too!! I think this will be DW and my 4th sailing on her!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwhitney View Post
It is out of Miami!
My only concern since I think it'll be more expensive to fly there from NJ!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaSue View Post
This is also the very first sailing after the infamous 2013 extended dry dock. BIG surprises are expected!
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I can't wait to see what they have in store for us!!!

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
Old 12-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #11
gunka
DIS Veteran

Hurrican Season?

This cruise sounds awesome, but I worry about Hurricane's. Is this time of year prone to Hurricane's?
Old 12-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #12
jlwhitney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunka View Post
This cruise sounds awesome, but I worry about Hurricane's. Is this time of year prone to Hurricane's?
Not really something worth worrying about as a whole given that half the year is hurricane season. And for the most part they do a good job at staying away from them if there happens to be one.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #13
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

I am *highly* considering changing our 7-night Fantasy Western Oct 12th 2013 to this cruise and back-to-backing it with the 2-night cruise to no where immediately following......

Pros:
-Back on the Magic!!!!!
-a double dip (we've been on 2 already)
-we would be Platinum after completing both cruises
-first cruise after dry dock (cool!)

Cons:
-Over double the drive (Port Canaveral is 2 hrs; Miami ~4 hrs)
-Unfamiliar with Port of Miami
-DD would miss 5 days of school instead if 4 (she has Oct 18th off during the Fantasy cruise currently scheduled) & it's possible an event-heavy week at school
-B2B process could potentially be a pain in the rear....
-it will be a few hundred more dollars than the cruise we are currently booked on.

Hmmmm.....shall ponder......

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #14
rescuetink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwhitney View Post
Not really something worth worrying about as a whole given that half the year is hurricane season. And for the most part they do a good job at staying away from them if there happens to be one.
I TOTALLY agree!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
I am *highly* considering changing our 7-night Fantasy Western Oct 12th 2013 to this cruise and back-to-backing it with the 2-night cruise to no where immediately following......

Pros:
-Back on the Magic!!!!!

Cons:
-DD would miss 5 days of school instead if 4 (she has Oct 18th off during the Fantasy cruise currently scheduled) & it's possible an event-heavy week at school
-it will be a few hundred more dollars than the cruise we are currently booked on.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo your gonna do it right???

Old 12-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #15
jlwhitney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post

Pros:
-Back on the Magic!!!!!

Cons:

A couple of things to consider....just because there are rumors that big changes will be made on the magic in the end no one has any idea and there may or may not be anything really different besides cosmetic stuff.

the b2b will be hectic with a lot of new cruisers and could be a little more party ish....plus you would repeat two menus and such

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: