Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
Mythreeboysandme
Earning My Ears

Stateroom 9002 on the Fantasy

We have this stateroom booked for our up coming cruise on the Fantasy. Does anyone have any reviews, pictures ect for this stateroom? Thx in advance!
Mythreeboysandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
Mickey&JoshNut
It's not nice to distract the cute lifeguards

just keep swimming... just keep swimming.... Dory....
now I

We had this stateroom for the maiden voyage of the Fantasy....we LOVED it...the round tub with the rainshower head was amazing....great view of the flying bridge out the window (fun to watch them dock at Castaway Cay)...the padded window seat was the feature I was looking forward to as a spot to read but it is designed for kids or very small adults. The huge desk was fantastic and there was lots of storage in the room. The only drawback to the room was the chair. It was fine during the day (located near the window in front of the wall that is the murphy bed) but at night when the murphy bed was down, it was a little tight with the chair next to the sofa.

04/12 Disney Wonder 15 Night Hawaii Cruise 03/12 - Disney Fantasy - Maiden Voyage 09/11 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"
05/11 - Disney Wonder - 1st Alaska 7 Night Cruise 04/11 - Disney Wonder Repo LA to Vancouver 04/11 - DL - Disneyland Hotel
02/11 - WDW - POP Century 01/11 - Disney Dream - Maiden Voyage 01/11 - WDW - POP Century 09/10 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"
03/10 - WDW - POP Century - Elaine's Birthday Trip 12/09 - WDW - POP Century 09/09 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"

08/09 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter "Mom's Birthday Trip" 05/09 - WDW - POP Century 03/09 - WDW - POP Century
02/09-Disney Magic-Birthday Cruise
02/09-WDW-POP Century 09/08-WDW-POP Century 09/08-Disney Magic-Special 5 Night
08/08 - WDW - POP Century
12/07 - WDW - POR 09/07 - WDW - POP Century 05/07 - WDW - POP Century
Rang in 2007 onboard the Disney WONDER 12/06 - WDW - offsite (MH) 11/06 - WDW - Coronado Springs
09/06 - Disney Wonder - 11 Day Southern Caribbean 03/06 - Disney Magic - 7 Day Western Caribbean 03/06 - WDW - offsite (MH)
10/05 - WDW - offsite (MH)
05/05 - DL - Grand Californian 05/05 - Disney Magic - Maiden Panama Canal Crossing
12/04 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter 11/04 - Disney Wonder - 4 day 10/01 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge
09/00 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter 09/99 - WDW - Caribbean Beach 06/98 - WDW - offsite
Mickey&JoshNut is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
Mythreeboysandme
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey&JoshNut
We had this stateroom for the maiden voyage of the Fantasy....we LOVED it...the round tub with the rainshower head was amazing....great view of the flying bridge out the window (fun to watch them dock at Castaway Cay)...the padded window seat was the feature I was looking forward to as a spot to read but it is designed for kids or very small adults. The huge desk was fantastic and there was lots of storage in the room. The only drawback to the room was the chair. It was fine during the day (located near the window in front of the wall that is the murphy bed) but at night when the murphy bed was down, it was a little tight with the chair next to the sofa.
Thanks for sharing! We are pretty excited! Is the laundry room close by? I thought I read that it was across the hall. Thanks again!
Old 07-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
Mickey&JoshNut
It's not nice to distract the cute lifeguards

just keep swimming... just keep swimming.... Dory....
now I

Yes, the laundry is pretty close. It is in the opposite hall but there is a crossover aisle not far from 9002 so it was a quick walk there and back. I will warn you...when we were on the maiden voyage the dryers were terrible. There was no window on them and you could not tell if they were in use or not (people would open them and close it and not restart it)...and the dryers were terrible at drying...we used the hottest heat setting and most of our clothes still weren't dry after a second time. Not sure if it was just the dryers on our floor our all floors because everyone we encountered in the laundry that day were complaining about the dryers.

04/12 Disney Wonder 15 Night Hawaii Cruise 03/12 - Disney Fantasy - Maiden Voyage 09/11 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"
05/11 - Disney Wonder - 1st Alaska 7 Night Cruise 04/11 - Disney Wonder Repo LA to Vancouver 04/11 - DL - Disneyland Hotel
02/11 - WDW - POP Century 01/11 - Disney Dream - Maiden Voyage 01/11 - WDW - POP Century 09/10 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"
03/10 - WDW - POP Century - Elaine's Birthday Trip 12/09 - WDW - POP Century 09/09 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"

08/09 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter "Mom's Birthday Trip" 05/09 - WDW - POP Century 03/09 - WDW - POP Century
02/09-Disney Magic-Birthday Cruise
02/09-WDW-POP Century 09/08-WDW-POP Century 09/08-Disney Magic-Special 5 Night
08/08 - WDW - POP Century
12/07 - WDW - POR 09/07 - WDW - POP Century 05/07 - WDW - POP Century
Rang in 2007 onboard the Disney WONDER 12/06 - WDW - offsite (MH) 11/06 - WDW - Coronado Springs
09/06 - Disney Wonder - 11 Day Southern Caribbean 03/06 - Disney Magic - 7 Day Western Caribbean 03/06 - WDW - offsite (MH)
10/05 - WDW - offsite (MH)
05/05 - DL - Grand Californian 05/05 - Disney Magic - Maiden Panama Canal Crossing
12/04 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter 11/04 - Disney Wonder - 4 day 10/01 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge
09/00 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter 09/99 - WDW - Caribbean Beach 06/98 - WDW - offsite
Mickey&JoshNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #5
Mythreeboysandme
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey&JoshNut
Yes, the laundry is pretty close. It is in the opposite hall but there is a crossover aisle not far from 9002 so it was a quick walk there and back. I will warn you...when we were on the maiden voyage the dryers were terrible. There was no window on them and you could not tell if they were in use or not (people would open them and close it and not restart it)...and the dryers were terrible at drying...we used the hottest heat setting and most of our clothes still weren't dry after a second time. Not sure if it was just the dryers on our floor our all floors because everyone we encountered in the laundry that day were complaining about the dryers.
That's good to know, thanks!
Old 08-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #6
Mythreeboysandme
Earning My Ears

Has anyone else stayed in this stateroom? TIA
Old 09-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #7
Mythreeboysandme
Earning My Ears

Bumping
Old 10-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #8
Mythreeboysandme
Earning My Ears

Bumping
Old 10-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #9
penguins_fan
Mouseketeer

We had cabins 9000 thru 9010 for an extended family trip in May. We loved the cabins and location, very convenient to spa and top decks. Very quiet, no cabin doors across from you. No issue with laundry, as mentioned its on the other side of the ship though close and convenient. We also liked big porthole and window seat. It is personal preference of course but I prefer the extra interior space vs the small balconies. We've had everything from Roy Disney suite on the Magic to balcony and interior staterooms and have come to like this type of room best since the Roy suite was a one time splurge long ago before the pricing got insane. You will be very happy with your choice, enjoy!
penguins_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #10
Mythreeboysandme
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins_fan
We had cabins 9000 thru 9010 for an extended family trip in May. We loved the cabins and location, very convenient to spa and top decks. Very quiet, no cabin doors across from you. No issue with laundry, as mentioned its on the other side of the ship though close and convenient. We also liked big porthole and window seat. It is personal preference of course but I prefer the extra interior space vs the small balconies. We've had everything from Roy Disney suite on the Magic to balcony and interior staterooms and have come to like this type of room best since the Roy suite was a one time splurge long ago before the pricing got insane. You will be very happy with your choice, enjoy!
Great! Thank you for your feed back! We are really looking forward to it.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #11
SailingScout
Mouseketeer

OP, I'm glad you asked this! We are booked in room 9000 in January and I have been wavering on upgrading to a verandah room. Penguins Fan, do you have any more info about room 9000?
SailingScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #12
bdvorachek
Earning My Ears

Fantasy Stateroom 9000

I have Fantasy booked in February and looking for advice. We have sailed princess before and loved the balcony but I have 3 small kids. I was worried about their safety with a balcony so I opted for cat 8b and rec'd room 9000. Any thoughts? I know I have always tried to be mid ship but the view looks like it would be pretty cool. Please help!
bdvorachek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #13
SailingScout
Mouseketeer

I'm hoping for more info on 9000! I will post a review about it after our January trip. My DH is getting a little worried about the location and view. I'm hoping we don't miss a verandah!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #14
penguins_fan
Mouseketeer

We stayed in 9000, it doesn't connect to another room, it has the capacity to sleep 5, it was roomy for 2. We liked how quiet it was, very little hall traffic. We didn't miss balcony, since we had a big group we tended to gather on the top decks where we had no trouble finding space. I prefer the openness of the decks and the proximity of the bars, beveridge stations and food. It's personal preference but the small balconies don't do much for me, a minority view but to each his own. We loved the large porthole. I think you'll like 9000 or 9002, especially if you like the spa- I recommend the length of cruise rainforest pass. You get a big 'balcony' and hot tubs. You're close to spa, adult pool, and top decks- quick hop on stairs vs elevators. Enjoy!
penguins_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #15
SailingScout
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info! There are three of us, but we will have a pack 'n' play for our DS (age 1), so I think we will appreciate the extra room. And we will definitely be grateful for the quiet after a long day with him. Right now the room details are secondary to the fact that we are going on the trip! It will be a lovely 'reward' after Christmas with my in-laws!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: