Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #196
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in IA View Post
Poor Anne . . . her wardrobe malfunction seems to be getting more publicity than the premiere . . . she was "devastated" about it.

Her reply to Matt Lauer was fantastic, though.
What wardrobe malfunction??? What did I miss?
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #197
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
What wardrobe malfunction??? What did I miss?
She went to an event, via car, on the tour the other night in a dress, without underwear. Then she got out of the car, in front of the press. Then she was devastated and saddened.

Wear underwear.

Or watch old tapes of Lady Di getting out of a car without flashing her crotch. Either way.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #198
JenM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Poor Anne . . . her wardrobe malfunction seems to be getting more publicity than the premiere . . . she was "devastated" about it.

Her reply to Matt Lauer was fantastic, though.
I loved that reply. I don't even see why Matt Lauer needed to bring it up in the first place.

Yeah, obviously if she'd just worn underwear in the first place she would have avoided this whole mess, but the photographer certainly could have done the decent thing and deleted the photo too. There really are no winners in this.

But I do feel bad for her, regardless of the dumb fashion decision. I don't think she flashed anyone intentionally, and that has to be mortifying to find pictures like that all over the internet.

Quote:
Where do you get the tickets? We've been checking Fandango, movietickets.com, moviefone, and can't figure out how to get them in our area.
We got ours on Fandango. The theater doesn't have the times up for every show at our theater for that day, but the times for specific movies went up and Les Mis and Django Unchained were both up already.
JenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #199
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
I loved that reply. I don't even see why Matt Lauer needed to bring it up in the first place.

Yeah, obviously if she'd just worn underwear in the first place she would have avoided this whole mess, but the photographer certainly could have done the decent thing and deleted the photo too. There really are no winners in this.

But I do feel bad for her, regardless of the dumb fashion decision. I don't think she flashed anyone intentionally, and that has to be mortifying to find pictures like that all over the internet.

We got ours on Fandango. The theater doesn't have the times up for every show at our theater for that day, but the times for specific movies went up and Les Mis and Django Unchained were both up already.
Wasn't one photog, she was going to a press event. There were likely a couple dozen there, shooting the exact same thing. They're there to make money, someone was going to sell it - and the ones that aren't freelance, someone was going to run it.

She's not exactly new to the business. She knew where she was going, she knew she was taking a car. This is hardly the first 'underwear-free female celebrity, car-exiting' shot that's made the rounds. It's not like the topless Kate pics, where she was on the balcony of a private, secluded house with a reasonable expectation of privacy. The only reasonable expectation Hathaway could have had was that the moment the car door opened, flashes were going to go off.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #200
TotalDreamer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake

Wasn't one photog, she was going to a press event. There were likely a couple dozen there, shooting the exact same thing. They're there to make money, someone was going to sell it - and the ones that aren't freelance, someone was going to run it.

She's not exactly new to the business. She knew where she was going, she knew she was taking a car. This is hardly the first 'underwear-free female celebrity, car-exiting' shot that's made the rounds. It's not like the topless Kate pics, where she was on the balcony of a private, secluded house with a reasonable expectation of privacy. The only reasonable expectation Hathaway could have had was that the moment the car door opened, flashes were going to go off.
I do feel sorry for her although I agree. I mean, that's what thongs and shapewear/slips (slips are a lost art, aren't they?) are for - so you don't get panty lines, the alternative is not to go panty less.

I hadn't heard about it, so didn't see her reaction, but for all we know it could've been purposeful. I don't think Anne is like that, but still it's possible.

Anyway doesn't took like DTD is having a midnight showing or 10pm showing like other theaters.
TotalDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #201
JenM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post

I know it was a press event. I was there. Frankly, the reporters were hollering louder than the fans across the street, which was impressive, since I heard a woman scream at a decibel level that only bats could hear when Hugh Jackman showed up.

And you obviously don't like her, so you don't care whatever excuses she comes up with. Or apparently, whatever anyone else has to say in her defense.

Like I said before, she could have avoided the whole thing if she'd should worn underwear in the first place. Not doing so, especially at an event like this, was immensely stupid.

But seeing as she's put together a pretty nice Oscar campaign for herself so far - which, from everything I've heard about the film so far, is well deserved - and knowing stunts like this hurt more than they help, I don't think she flashed anyone on purpose.

And I can still think the photographers could have shown an ounce of decency and deleted the photos. Yes, they're the paparazzi, yes, they live and breathe on this stuff...but they got a million other photos without making a saga out of this.

Les Miserables is a story about the value of decency in a world that's cruel. Would be nice if everyone practiced it once in awhile.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #202
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
I know it was a press event. I was there. Frankly, the reporters were hollering louder than the fans across the street, which was impressive, since I heard a woman scream at a decibel level that only bats could hear when Hugh Jackman showed up.

And you obviously don't like her, so you don't care whatever excuses she comes up with. Or apparently, whatever anyone else has to say in her defense.

Like I said before, she could have avoided the whole thing if she'd should worn underwear in the first place. Not doing so, especially at an event like this, was immensely stupid.

But seeing as she's put together a pretty nice Oscar campaign for herself so far - which, from everything I've heard about the film so far, is well deserved - and knowing stunts like this hurt more than they help, I don't think she flashed anyone on purpose.

And I can still think the photographers could have shown an ounce of decency and deleted the photos. Yes, they're the paparazzi, yes, they live and breathe on this stuff...but they got a million other photos without making a saga out of this.

Les Miserables is a story about the value of decency in a world that's cruel. Would be nice if everyone practiced it once in awhile.
I admitted I don't like her, nope. I do find her generally ridiculous.

Has nothing to do with other people though.

I don't think this hurts her campaign at all - she goes around saying she's so devastated and, well, you just kind of made the argument for her at the end. I have no idea whether she did it on purpose. I know she had every reason to know it would or at least certainly could happen.

Sure they had other photos. Which do you think made the most money?

I equate decency to the Kate photo type thing, not a situation in which the person completely experienced shows up at a preplanned thing in that manner. Wear underwear.

If she'd been out in her own neighbourhood getting a cab on a random day, or the wind blew, I'd have more sympathy. YMMV
Old 12-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #203
JenM
DIS Veteran

Moving on to something actually relevant...

The cast had an Oscars luncheon yesterday, and last night Hugh Jackman was honored by the Museum of the Moving Image. So basically they hung out together all day long yesterday. So how much fun does this sound?

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/osc...-dance#slide=1

Quote:
Hugh Jackman’s Friends Now All Jealous They Didn’t Get Lap Dances From the Actor

On Tuesday, VF Daily had lunch and dinner with the Les Misérables cast. In the afternoon, the Peggy Siegal Company celebrated the film at a luncheon at the Four Seasons Restaurant in New York.

Having lost a lot of weight to play Jean Valjean, Hugh Jackman told us that the Les Misérables set did not include pizza dinners after the cameras went off. “There was none of that, although there were a lot of parties at Russell [Crowe’s]. But basically it was a carb-free event,” he told VF Daily over a steak lunch. “I had a long time, three or four months to lose the weight, but Anne [Hathaway] had 15 days, so, literally, a bit of apple would come up and she would be excited. It would be the size of a dime, and I would be like, Really?”

Jackman, who infamously gave Amanda Seyfried a recent birthday lap dance, said the two went through a very in-depth process playing father and daughter. “I basically would keep the discipline, keep her in line, and that’s a very demanding job with Amanda. She’s very naughty.”

But schmoozing with Jackman, Hathaway, Seyfried, Eddie Redmayne, and director Tom Hooper wasn’t even the highlight of the luncheon, which Anna Wintour, Kim Cattrall, and Joel Grey also attended. Peter Cincotti took to the piano, and, with apologies to original Les Misérables producer Cameron Mackintosh and lyricist Herbert Kretzmer, who were both present, delighted the crowd with a rendition of “Master of the House” from the score.

Then Jackman, the consummate showman, couldn’t resist. “I wasn’t going to sing. I was at the premiere until three o’clock in the morning, I had far too many vodkas, and it’s way too early to be singing,” he said. And then broke into “The Way You Look Tonight,” dedicating it to his wife, Deborra-Lee Furness, who sat front and center. Aw. “That should score a few brownie points,” he quipped.

Samantha Barks sang “Summertime,” and the whole cast sang backup when Anne Hathaway did “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.”

That evening, the Les Misérables gang joined luminaries like Mike Nichols, Rachel Weisz, Liev Schreiber, and The Prestige director Christopher Nolan when Jackman was honored by the Museum of the Moving Image.

Jackman’s X-Men co-star Schreiber told VF Daily that watching him play Peter Allen on Broadway in The Boy from Oz was a revelation. “I realized there was a kind of depth to this guy, as an actor, that I didn’t know from Kate and Leopold. And he can turn on a pretty zany sense of humor and a quick wit faster than most people I know.” Schreiber added that now feels bad that he didn’t get his own lap dance.

Hooper recalled one heavy scene in Les Misérables in which Jackman is furious that there’s this man who has been courting his daughter. “We were shooting with live butterflies. It was ‘Heart Full of Love.’ And at the end, Cosette runs inside and he tells her off, but then he comes to the gate to look at Eddie, and what he didn’t realize was that this unbelievably huge butterfly had attached itself to his hair, and he played the whole scene with this butterfly attached to his head. And we were all pissing ourselves laughing,” the director said. “It’s meant to be very serious. It was hilarious.”

When we caught up with Jackman at the gala at Cipriani Wall Street, we wondered whether he ever gets tired, between the premiere the previous night, the luncheon, the museum dinner, plus endless promotional duties. He does, he said, while somehow not looking the least bit fatigued. “Makeup,” he explained. “They just wind me up and send me out.”

Past Museum of the Moving Image honorees include Alec Baldwin, Tom Cruise, Clint Eastwood, Robert De Niro, Dustin Hoffman, Tom Hanks, Al Pacino, Sidney Poitier, Julia Roberts, Martin Scorsese, and Steven Spielberg.

“It’s a little overwhelming,” Jackman told VF Daily. “It’s kind of all hitting me that I’m here. It’s truly humbling, because I see that list of all the other honorees, and I’m like, Wow. I’m a little in shock.”

So that was Tuesday.
Hugh's also getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame tomorrow.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #204
JenM
DIS Veteran

4 Golden Globe nominations!!

Quote:
BEST MOTION PICTURE – COMEDY OR MUSICAL
THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL
Blueprint Pictures/Participant Media; Fox Searchlight Pictures
LES MISERABLES
Universal Pictures, A Working Title Films/Cameron Mackintosh Productions; Universal Pictures
MOONRISE KINGDOM
Indian Paintbrush; Focus Features
SALMON FISHING IN THE YEMEN
CBS Films; CBS Films
SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK
The Weinstein Company; The Weinstein Company

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A MOTION PICTURE – COMEDY OR MUSICAL
JACK BLACK, BERNIE
BRADLEY COOPER, SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK
HUGH JACKMAN, LES MISERABLES
EWAN MCGREGOR, SALMON FISHING IN THE YEMEN
BILL MURRAY, HYDE PARK ON HUDSON

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A MOTION PICTURE
AMY ADAMS, THE MASTER
SALLY FIELD, LINCOLN
ANNE HATHAWAY, LES MISERABLES
HELEN HUNT, THE SESSIONS
NICOLE KIDMAN, THE PAPERBOY

BEST ORIGINAL SONG – MOTION PICTURE
FOR YOU, ACT OF VALOR
Music by: Monty Powell, Keith Urban Lyrics by: Monty Powell, Keith Urban
NOT RUNNING ANYMORE, STAND UP GUYS
Music by: Jon Bon Jovi Lyrics by: Jon Bon Jovi
SAFE & SOUND, THE HUNGER GAMES
Music by: Taylor Swift, John Paul White, Joy Williams, T Bone Burnett Lyrics by: Taylor Swift, John Paul White, Joy Williams, T Bone Burnett
SKYFALL, SKYFALL
Music by: Adele, Paul Epworth Lyrics by: Adele, Paul Epworth
SUDDENLY, LES MISERABLES
Music by: Claude-Michel Schonberg Lyrics by: Alain Boublil, Claude-Michel Schonberg
Sweet!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #205
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat

Well, sorry I mentioned the wardrobe incident - I didn't think it would bring out judgemental comments from someone who has never met her.

Talk about insufferable . . .

Quote:
Hooper recalled one heavy scene in Les Misérables in which Jackman is furious that there’s this man who has been courting his daughter. “We were shooting with live butterflies. It was ‘Heart Full of Love.’ And at the end, Cosette runs inside and he tells her off, but then he comes to the gate to look at Eddie, and what he didn’t realize was that this unbelievably huge butterfly had attached itself to his hair, and he played the whole scene with this butterfly attached to his head. And we were all pissing ourselves laughing,” the director said. “It’s meant to be very serious. It was hilarious.”
I really hope this makes it to the blooper reel!

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa
Deb in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #206
wickey's friend
I can get older but who says I have to grow up . . .
Tittered at the Twitter comments
Co-workers think I'm nuts anyway

Found this in an article about Golden Globe nominations!

Old 12-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #207
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Well, sorry I mentioned the wardrobe incident - I didn't think it would bring out judgemental comments from someone who has never met her.

Talk about insufferable . . .
Heh, I dunno. . .

Did you really expect anything else from that poster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickey's friend View Post
Found this in an article about Golden Globe nominations!

LOVE THAT PIC!!!
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #208
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
Heh, I dunno. . .

Did you really expect anything else from that poster?
So true!!

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa
Deb in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #209
JenM
DIS Veteran

Speaking of Colm Wilkinson...here's a clip from the candlesticks scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNsHRUVwKwg

And here's behind-the-scenes footage of the scene, with both Hugh and Colm each doing a version of the Forbidden Broadway spoof of "Bring Him Home" (called "Bring it Down").

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONKcq...&feature=share

7 more days!
Old 12-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #210
JenM
DIS Veteran

One Day More is now online as well:

http://broadwayworld.com/videoplay.php?colid=439556

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: