Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #16
cats mom
Mouseketeer

Has a wild and vivid imagination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousequake View Post
I'm not understanding the difference in the options you can order online, then-- what's the difference between ordering the annual pass itself versus the annual pass gift voucher?

The regular AP is already tied to a specific person and the gift voucher isn't.

It could potentially take a bit longer to process a gift voucher at the park since all the personal info has to be entered, except if you have an old AP in the system the info should already be there, so not a big deal in that case.

If you're prone to losing things buying the AP vs the gift voucher could provide some measure of protection, but either way you have to stop at the ticket booth at some point.
cats mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #17
Mousequake
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtimedisneylurker View Post
There are two purchase options on the Disney website. I have done both ways. If you choose the annual pass, then you have to fill in specific personal information for who that pass is for and the print-out shows that person's name on it. Also, you can choose the monthly payment option for this type of pass if you live in California. If you choose the annual pass gift voucher, then you don't at time of purchase have to designate any specific person that the pass belongs to. I believe you also don't have the monthly payment option with this pass. In neither case do you receive an actual AP card. You still have to take the print-out (voucher) to the ticket booth and have your AP processed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats mom View Post
The regular AP is already tied to a specific person and the gift voucher isn't.

It could potentially take a bit longer to process a gift voucher at the park since all the personal info has to be entered, except if you have an old AP in the system the info should already be there, so not a big deal in that case.

If you're prone to losing things buying the AP vs the gift voucher could provide some measure of protection, but either way you have to stop at the ticket booth at some point.
Thanks for the explanation-- makes perfect sense!
Mousequake is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #18
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousequake View Post
Just a quick question about purchasing APs online-- if I purchase online, does my year start from the day I buy the tickets, or from the first day I actually enter the park?
Yes, the first day you enter the parks. However, be sure you check your expiration date when they give you your AP, when I activated my voucher in July my AP printed with an expiration date of late May, which was when I purchased it, I simply mentioned it to the CM helping me and she quickly fixed it for me.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #19
intheflame
Earning My Ears

If I was a previous passholder, can I apply the cost of a 1day/1pack (or whichever) ticket towards renewal/new contract?
intheflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #20
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by intheflame View Post
If I was a previous passholder, can I apply the cost of a 1day/1pack (or whichever) ticket towards renewal/new contract?
Anyone can purchase a 1 day ticket and use that towards an upgrade to an AP. You do not need to be a previous AP holder to do this.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #21
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLmama View Post
Hi there! I just activated my AP this past weekend. I bought the hard plastic vouchers at Safeway before the price increase. I took it to the ticket booth, they gave me my AP, I took that to the turnstile with my ID. Took a photo with the photo pass photographer near the Mickey floral and all was done.
OP it sounds like this will be your experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
That's too bad. I wish I could just walk right in. I really hate getting delayed right when you get to the park. What a buzzkill
FWIW, it's all part of the process of getting an AP, and if you look at it like that, you can try to be excited about it.

I did the process at the ticket booth, and even though ticket booth stuff always takes longer than I feel it should, it was still exciting. Same a couple months later when DS and DH got to do just about the same process.

You *can* hop before you take a picture, but they will lecture you and you WILL have to show your ID. I kept forgetting to look for photographers and got the lecture at DCA when I hopped. Then I forgot there, too, and the next day got the lecture as I entered a park. I was tired of the lecture and got my picture taken asap. It's not difficult, you just have to remember to look for them, LOL.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:32 AM   #22
Mousequake
Mouseketeer

I'm trying to figure out a way to streamline my activation process for a trip next month. I'm purchasing APs online for DW, DD5, and me. My daughter and I will be arriving at the parks the day before my wife; will I be able to exchange all three vouchers for plastic APs at the ticket booth the first day, or will my wife have to do hers separately the next day?
Mousequake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #23
starshine514
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousequake
I'm trying to figure out a way to streamline my activation process for a trip next month. I'm purchasing APs online for DW, DD5, and me. My daughter and I will be arriving at the parks the day before my wife; will I be able to exchange all three vouchers for plastic APs at the ticket booth the first day, or will my wife have to do hers separately the next day?
I believe she'll need to do it separately, as she'll need to show ID. The exception to this would be if she had an AP recently. At least, the CM that did ours (activated vouchers in Sept, had let APs expire in May), said she could've done this for DH's AP when he didn't go in w/ us the first day in Sept when the girls and I activated ours. We didn't, though, as I had left DH's voucher with him in the room.
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego, September 2014 - Halloween Party! - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort
starshine514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:13 PM   #24
asunutgirl
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the information on this - you guys rock!

We are getting AP's for Christmas from my MIL and haven't had them in a long time. The picture thing was really confusing. Now I get it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: