Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #16
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKsMom View Post
Simple answer: she wants an iPhone. Tried to talk me into it when we renewed a year and a half ago and I convinced her to go with the Thunderbolt. We don't like the Thunderbolts. I've been hearing "I told you so" for a year and a half. Of course, one of the reasons I like the Thunderbolt was it would cause her to keep her music and phone seperate. I don't want to try to reach her and find out her phone is dead because she's been using it as an iPod. I bought her a phone because I expect to be able to get in touch with her. I've heard from Apple users that the battery life in them is just as bad as the Thunderbolt. That all smartphones have horrible battery life. I guess I'm kidding myself about keeping her music seperate.
Yes, smartphones have shorter battery life than non-smartphone. But I think you're worrying too much. I use the heck out of my iPhone, all day long, for news, web browsing, music, e-mail, even watching videos, and I can still get about 8 hours out of it. But you know what? Even if I don't do all that, I still get about 8-9 hours out of it, just keeping it on standby.

The key thing is, she's going to need to remember to keep it charged. Did she do that with the Thunderbolt? Then she's going to be OK with the iPhone. Yes, there may be some times where she forgets to charge it and it dies, but honestly, that could happen with any phone.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #17
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne M View Post
Yes, smartphones have shorter battery life than non-smartphone. But I think you're worrying too much. I use the heck out of my iPhone, all day long, for news, web browsing, music, e-mail, even watching videos, and I can still get about 8 hours out of it. But you know what? Even if I don't do all that, I still get about 8-9 hours out of it, just keeping it on standby.

The key thing is, she's going to need to remember to keep it charged. Did she do that with the Thunderbolt? Then she's going to be OK with the iPhone. Yes, there may be some times where she forgets to charge it and it dies, but honestly, that could happen with any phone.
Thanks. I'm sure it's no worse than our phones now. We'll just have to be mindful.

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
PrincessKsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #18
Domo
DIS Veteran

I have the 64GB version and it's already full...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #19
mrsbert
DIS Veteran

If you have a Best Buy in your neck of the woods, they have $50 off iPhone 5. I believe that special is until January 5th.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #20
wvjules
DIS Veteran

I don't have videos on my phone either. I have music, photos, and apps and it's full.
wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #21
Princess Dolly
Unfortunately it encroached the danger zone

Remember that the operating software (iOS) is going to take up at least 2GB of the memory.
Princess Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #22
PrincessKsMom

I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbert View Post
If you have a Best Buy in your neck of the woods, they have $50 off iPhone 5. I believe that special is until January 5th.
It's my time to renew my contract with Verizon so I'll get the discount through them, although I appreciate your trying to save me a few dollars. Every bit counts!

RegSinfield: I was just wondering what everyone else has, to what degree they use it, and if they feel they have enough memory. I have a 30 gig ipod, and have tons of room left on it, but I'm not sure how much space everything else takes up.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #23
Princess Dolly
Unfortunately it encroached the danger zone

I have 32GB and I have about 10GB left. No videos. Apps, pics, and music. I have 7GB music, I think the photos are maybe around 1GB, so the rest are apps and iOS.
Princess Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #24
ndelaware
DIS Veteran

Be aware that if you have an umlimited data plan you will have to go to a tiered plan if you get a phone discount from Verizon.
ndelaware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #25
PrincessKsMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndelaware View Post
Be aware that if you have an umlimited data plan you will have to go to a tiered plan if you get a phone discount from Verizon.
I know. Not happy about that at all.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #26
wvjules
DIS Veteran

I was worried about that when we made the change but it hasn't been an issue at all. We haven't come close to using our monthly data (6GB for 3 of us). I started with 8 then lowered it to 6. I think we use 3 but I'm not going to lower it to 4 just in case we have a super high usage month. lol
wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #27
PrincessKsMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjules View Post
I was worried about that when we made the change but it hasn't been an issue at all. We haven't come close to using our monthly data (6GB for 3 of us). I started with 8 then lowered it to 6. I think we use 3 but I'm not going to lower it to 4 just in case we have a super high usage month. lol
DH does not have a smartphone but will be getting one. DD has, on occasion, used by to almost 2 by herself. I have approached 1 a time or two. With his new smartphone I'm afraid he'll go nuts with it in the beginning so I was thinking of starting with 6 and seeing how it goes. At least I have the option of raising or lowering it on a month-to-month basis. It just kills me to pay almost $200 a month for cell phones.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #28
manning
Just for that I have requested it be left open!!!
We each have a sore spot....My butt and her right foot

I have an istring. Only downside is the string is too short.
manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #29
PrincessKsMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by manning View Post
I have an istring. Only downside is the string is too short.
What is an istring?

Old 12-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #30
ndelaware
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKsMom View Post
What is an istring?
ndelaware is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: