Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
Lizzi
Mouseketeer

Going with a baby

Hello,

i've now started to think about the actual day planning part of my trip for February, and have been going through the rides trying to work out what is toddler-friendly (for my 4 year old), baby-friendly (1 year old) and the guide on the website is a bit squiffy.

It says 'suitable for all ages, great for youngsters, suitable for all heights' etc, then simultaneously says 'parents with young children may take it in turns to enjoy the attraction'. How am I supposed to know what they'll let me carry my baby on?

I'd really rather avoid that 'you can't ride this with her' speech as we're trying to get on the rides.

Disneyworld Florida [2013]

Previous Trips:
Disneyland California [March 1993]
Disneyworld Florida [August 1997]
Disneyworld Florida [July 1999]
Disneyworld Florida [July 2002]
Disneyland Paris [July 2010]
Disneyland Paris [March 2011]
Disneyland Paris [September 2012]
Lizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

You can take te baby on any ride without a height restriction DD rode them all at 9 months with her favourites being POTC & Journey into Imagination.

Your 4 year old can go on anything he is tall enough for if you think he will like it DD is 4 1/2 now and is just boardering 44" so we are going to be trying EE and MS this time although I am not sure about space mountain - DD wants to ride but it might be too much for her. Her favourite is currently Tower of Terror

July 2014 - OKWApr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Elise79 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
T16GEM
I must have a funnel cake when I'm in Florida!
Confucious say: Friends don't let friends do AOL

I was just going to say the same thing, some rides do require the baby to be able to sit on their own and hold themselves upright as they may not be allowed to sit on your lap.

My DS was 5 on our last trip and just about 41" he went on everything he could for his height - he is very adventurous! DD is 7 and she was big enough for Space Mountain - I thought she would hate it but she absolutely loved it! DS is hoping to be big enough next trip to try it too!

As for child swap we have always found that really great and the best thing is that they allow the second parent to go on with 2 other guests so if you have friends with you then you can all go on together while one of you waits with the children.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
Lizzi
Mouseketeer

Thanks! We took the kids to DLP for a day trip over the summer when my youngest was just 4 months old, and got turned away from the carousel (!) and Peter Pan. French people

Hoping it won't come to that as would really not like to spend too much time waiting for others to ride, only for them to have to wait for me whilst I ride after.

Disneyworld Florida [2013]

Previous Trips:
Disneyland California [March 1993]
Disneyworld Florida [August 1997]
Disneyworld Florida [July 1999]
Disneyworld Florida [July 2002]
Disneyland Paris [July 2010]
Disneyland Paris [March 2011]
Disneyland Paris [September 2012]
Lizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #5
T16GEM
I must have a funnel cake when I'm in Florida!
Confucious say: Friends don't let friends do AOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzi View Post
Thanks! We took the kids to DLP for a day trip over the summer when my youngest was just 4 months old, and got turned away from the carousel (!) and Peter Pan. French people

Hoping it won't come to that as would really not like to spend too much time waiting for others to ride, only for them to have to wait for me whilst I ride after.
Where possible we have tried to either get Fast Passes or use the single rider line as it's a shame for you to all miss out on the bigger rides. If you go through the single riders you can still get a child swap ticket from the CM on the way through HTH
Gems

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: