Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2012, 02:53 PM   #31
Sorsha
People, don't be like the chickens

A HUGE yes - but only to the "older" stuff. I love classic Disney, classic Looney Tunes, Flintstones, Jetsons, Yogi Bear, Scooby Doo etc.

I own the 40-year Anniversary DVDs of Sesame Street and most of the 'special occasion" DVDs as well - Sesame Street Christmas, Sesame Street Visits the Met. Museum of Art, Big Bird Goes to China, Big Bird Goes to Japan, Follow That Bird, etc.

I enjoy Arthur, and most of the PBS shows - I won't go out of my way to watch them, but if a child is watching them, they don't bother me. We were HUGE Blue's Clues fans too. Steve going away to college still makes me teary-eyed. Love Max and Ruby, Wonder Pets, Curious George, and Wild Kratts. Dora and Diego didn't bother me, and I LOVED Little Bear.

I LOVE the older holiday specials - Rudolph, Frosty, Charlie Brown, the Grinch, and all the others I watched as a child.

However, don't even get me started on the evils of what the Disney Channel has become - all that teen-y crap makes me ill - and I pretty much despise any cartoon created for the Cartoon network. I HATE SpongeBob too, but the kids can watch it in their own rooms, as long as I don't have to hear it.

My kids watch mostly older cartoons - we have them all on DVD - or older TV shows on TVLand or The Hub or Nick at Night - Cosby Show, Happy Days, Full House, etc.

"My kids' through the years at Disney parks" video!
Sorsha is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: