DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #376
DMarq
Adventuresome Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfm4 View Post
We are brand new DVC members and just purchased into Aulani. We have already booked our first trip for July 2013!!!!! We are VERY excited!!!!! We booked a one bedroom ocean view villa. Any suggestions as to the best room to request? Thanks!
I am excited for you and it is absolutely gorgeous out there! I happen to like the ground floor rooms... I always request it for my family and we've been there twice just this year (March and October). I put in the room request with DVC Member Services and then to be sure - I also call the resort directly - they seem to see the request in their system. Our family loves being able to step out of the glass sliding doors and go straight into the pool area. No need to go in/out of the lobby and hallways (that are nicely air conditioned). Less sudden temperature changes and we love the warm weather - and no need for elevators :-)
DMarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #377
eva
Often uses her unique ability to shut down threads.

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMarq View Post
I am excited for you and it is absolutely gorgeous out there! I happen to like the ground floor rooms... I always request it for my family and we've been there twice just this year (March and October). I put in the room request with DVC Member Services and then to be sure - I also call the resort directly - they seem to see the request in their system. Our family loves being able to step out of the glass sliding doors and go straight into the pool area. No need to go in/out of the lobby and hallways (that are nicely air conditioned). Less sudden temperature changes and we love the warm weather - and no need for elevators :-)
Can you lock the door from your patio? Just wondered about leaving it unlocked. We will be there in May and have booked a pool view. First floor might be nice if you can somehow lock the door. With 2 iPads, a laptop, jewelry, etc. I would be worried leaving the patio door unlocked.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #378
NorCalDVC
Earning My Ears

Just added on at Aulani and so excited!!! Looking forward to using my 11 month window later this month to book Thanksgiving week next year.
NorCalDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:39 AM   #379
aclov
DIS Veteran

I am so glad I found this thread! I had did a search but this one didn't come up or I missed it! Going in June for 5 nights and ready to read and research Second time in Oahu, last time stayed at the Marriott Ko Olina which was wonderful but Aulani sounds much better!
Old 12-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #380
SueTGGR
Disney visits as often as money will allow-donations accepted

Quote:
We are brand new DVC members and just purchased into Aulani. We have already booked our first trip for July 2013!!!!! We are VERY excited!!!!! We booked a one bedroom ocean view villa. Any suggestions as to the best room to request? Thanks!
Welcome Home to Aulani! We went for the first time for my birthday last August and I couldn't think of a better place to own DVC points. DH is trying to figure out how to stay for Christmas 2013.
One bd with an ocean view is what we booked. I don't believe you would have an ocean view being on the lower floors, though. We requested an upper level lower number room. If you want to read through my mini-trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2981537
We loved the room, the view and the island. Post here if you have more questions!
Aloha,
Sue
Grew up around Disneyland until I was silly enough to move away. Now make yearly (or more) trips from Nor Cal And now hoping to help others find their Paradise!
SueTGGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #381
aymekae
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva View Post
Can you lock the door from your patio? Just wondered about leaving it unlocked. We will be there in May and have booked a pool view. First floor might be nice if you can somehow lock the door. With 2 iPads, a laptop, jewelry, etc. I would be worried leaving the patio door unlocked.
They had a couple of different locks on the sliding door. I'm sure they were chosen with small children in mind.

Ben (32) Ayme (28) Ian (10 mo)

DLR Trips - Last: Sep. 2013 Next: Jan. 2014
Honeymoon to WDW (Wilderness Lodge) Sep. 11, 2008
Western Caribbean Cruise (Magic) Dec. 10, 2011
Aulani Nov. 3-12, 2012
Eastern Caribbean Cruise (Fantasy) Dec. 14, 2013
Disneyland Jan. 16-18, 2014 (Neverland 5K)
aymekae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #382
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymekae View Post
They had a couple of different locks on the sliding door. I'm sure they were chosen with small children in mind.
I think eva was asking whether you can lock the patio door from the outside. It would be nice to be able to exit the first floor villa via the patio door and lock it while you are outside.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #383
eva

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
I think eva was asking whether you can lock the patio door from the outside. It would be nice to be able to exit the first floor villa via the patio door and lock it while you are outside.
Yes, that was what I was asking. If you can't lock the patio door from the outside, I don't see any benefit to being on the first floor. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my room unsecured while at the pool or beach.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #384
monami7
DIS Veteran

Looking for Aulani Points for next Dec?Jan

I am a DVC Member but my home points are not at Aulani - Looking to buy or trade points to get booked for 2013 after Christmas for the 11 month booking window. Please contact me if anyone is interested. Thanks
Old 12-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #385
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Thanks for all of the great info. I just called DVC and tried to put a specific room request on my reservation. They told me that I would need to request the room once we got there because Aulani would not be able to see my request when we check in. Does that sound right? Sorry, again, I am new at this!
That is not correct. They can put a request in and it will show on Aulani's end. I just called and confirmed mine was there directly with the front desk. I email my room requests in, it seems to work much better than a phone call. With a phone call they always try to minimize or limit it in a way that it loses the specifics I've asked for.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:15 AM   #386
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Anyone stay over Christmas? How was the weather? Was it crowded?
Old 12-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #387
eva

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
That is not correct. They can put a request in and it will show on Aulani's end. I just called and confirmed mine was there directly with the front desk. I email my room requests in, it seems to work much better than a phone call. With a phone call they always try to minimize or limit it in a way that it loses the specifics I've asked for.
What email address did you use for sending your requests? We plan to add one to our May reservation. Thanks!
Old 12-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #388
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva View Post
What email address did you use for sending your requests? We plan to add one to our May reservation. Thanks!
Just log into member services, use the contact form and put your travel plan number in the subject line. What I love about it is then you get an email confirming that they got your request back (along with the disclaimers) but still, you can save it if need be. After I read what you were told I actually called Aulani (mostly as I had a few other questions) and was able to speak to the front desk who pulled up my ressie and saw the request right there The problem with a phone request is most often MS will generalize it versus keeping any specifics you want. So for example at OKW last summer they'd have entered "millers road area" when what I wanted was upper floor, water view buildings xx, xx ,xx,xx,xx preferred in that order. And while there aren't any garuntees, I did get my exact request on that one, as well as at Vero so I do think the very specific request can't hurt. A specific villa? Chances are slim but if you give them enough to work with and a clear idea of what is important to you, it should help.

For Aulani my request reads as follows for our ocean view studio.

I would like to make the following room request. 1st choice: Ewa Building, long wing facing the pool, high floor (prefer 12 or higher). 2nd choice: Waianae Building, facing the pool, high floor (12 or higher).

Will I get it, who knows but it never hurts to ask! We will find out in May.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:24 PM   #389
eva

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Just log into member services, use the contact form and put your travel plan number in the subject line. What I love about it is then you get an email confirming that they got your request back (along with the disclaimers) but still, you can save it if need be. After I read what you were told I actually called Aulani (mostly as I had a few other questions) and was able to speak to the front desk who pulled up my ressie and saw the request right there The problem with a phone request is most often MS will generalize it versus keeping any specifics you want. So for example at OKW last summer they'd have entered "millers road area" when what I wanted was upper floor, water view buildings xx, xx ,xx,xx,xx preferred in that order. And while there aren't any garuntees, I did get my exact request on that one, as well as at Vero so I do think the very specific request can't hurt. A specific villa? Chances are slim but if you give them enough to work with and a clear idea of what is important to you, it should help.

For Aulani my request reads as follows for our ocean view studio.

I would like to make the following room request. 1st choice: Ewa Building, long wing facing the pool, high floor (prefer 12 or higher). 2nd choice: Waianae Building, facing the pool, high floor (12 or higher).

Will I get it, who knows but it never hurts to ask! We will find out in May.
Thanks so much! When in May are you going? We will be there from the 11th to the 19th.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:26 PM   #390
Leilanie94
Mouseketeer

My family and I will be there the weekend of January 18, 2013. We are celebrating both my boys birthdays.
Leilanie94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: