Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #1396
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

I really wish cast members wouldn't spread stuff like that, especially on a tour. If I'm specifically asked about rumors, I will tell what I've heard with the very specific notation that they are rumors.

yes, most likely referring to Flamingo Crossings which is A) dead in the water and B) has a specific rule banning alcohol from the property.

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:37 PM   #1397
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Still hearing rumor of an announcement from Disney in October about Downtown Disney....including Pleasure Island!

BobK/Orlando
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #1398
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
Still hearing rumor of an announcement from Disney in October about Downtown Disney....including Pleasure Island!

BobK/Orlando
That would be great

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #1399
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post

BobK/Orlando
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcBride View Post
That would be great
Be careful what you wish for....

"Due to Guest Feedback about the lack of parking around the Disney Marketplace, and the underutilized empty space between the West Side and Marketplace, We are proud to announce that the old Pleasure Island space is being 're-imagineered' as a multistory parking structure with a moving sidewalk connecting the 2 sides of DTD. We believe this central parking, as well as the moving sidewalks which will allow guests to easily travel between the 2 sections of the shopping area, will help provide guests a reason to visit both the West Side and Marketplace on a single visit, while also helping to resolve the parking issues and the empty building blight which top the issues guests have expressed wishing we would resolve. "

It Could happen....
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #1400
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
It Could happen....

Never...Disney would never use the words "empty building blight" or "underutilized" in a press release. Otherwise, the rest is possible.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #1401
Disco
Hail Eris!

Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #1402
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Be careful what you wish for....

"Due to Guest Feedback about the lack of parking around the Disney Marketplace, and the underutilized empty space between the West Side and Marketplace, We are proud to announce that the old Pleasure Island space is being 're-imagineered' as a multistory parking structure with a moving sidewalk connecting the 2 sides of DTD. We believe this central parking, as well as the moving sidewalks which will allow guests to easily travel between the 2 sections of the shopping area, will help provide guests a reason to visit both the West Side and Marketplace on a single visit, while also helping to resolve the parking issues and the empty building blight which top the issues guests have expressed wishing we would resolve. "

It Could happen....
that would be great. parking stinks there

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #1403
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Today marks 4 years since the Pleasure Island comedy and dance clubs were shuttered. During these 4 years Rock'n'Roll Beach Club and Motion were demolished. The other clubs, Mannequins, 8TRAX, Soundstage, Comedy Warehouse & Adventurers Club were closed and remain idle. In other words, absolutely nothing new has replaced any of the PI clubs. Nothing.

BobK/Orlando
SAVE PLEASURE ISLAND BLOG
Old 12-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #1404
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

With Splitsville opening next week at Downtown Disney West Side, a LOT of former Pleasure Island regulars will be there to check out the DJ and dancing offered during the opening weekend. In case you missed it, upstairs at Splitsville will be adult-only on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.

BobK/Orlando
Old 12-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #1405
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
With Splitsville opening next week at Downtown Disney West Side, a LOT of former Pleasure Island regulars will be there to check out the DJ and dancing offered during the opening weekend. In case you missed it, upstairs at Splitsville will be adult-only on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.

BobK/Orlando
Will the upstairs be like a "club" like scene or what?

Dates i can remember....
Annual pass holder in Feb 2010

Wilderness lodge- (Feb 4,5,6 2010)(Feb 4,5,6 2011)
Caribbean Beach - (Mar 2010)
Saratoga Springs- (July 2010)
Coronado- (Aug2010)
Offsite for Not so scary Halloween party (Oct 2010)
Allstar Movies for Very Merry Christmas party (Dec2010)

POP for Vey Merry (Dec 2011)
Aulani for honeymoon (Feb 4-11 2012)
Mouse14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #1406
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

They will never reopen Comedy Warehouse I found out.
Disneyandphilliesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:02 AM   #1407
sehandiph
Mouseketeer

I wish they would have reopened the adventurers club - they could have done it as a dining themed evening - a course during each performance - even if it was spread out over several hours.

I am sure they would have made money rather than the odd drinks people bought. I saw some people who stayed for most of the evening who only had one round of drinks in all that time - so there was always loads of scope to make it more profitable.

Kungaloosh
Shezzy
sehandiph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:37 AM   #1408
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehandiph View Post
I wish they would have reopened the adventurers club - they could have done it as a dining themed evening - a course during each performance - even if it was spread out over several hours.

I am sure they would have made money rather than the odd drinks people bought. I saw some people who stayed for most of the evening who only had one round of drinks in all that time - so there was always loads of scope to make it more profitable.

Kungaloosh
Shezzy
The problem with AC as dinner theatre is Disney would never let it go that long. You would have two or three performances a night, limited to 90 minutes. (Picture AC as HDDR.) Not saying that that wouldn't be better than the version we have NOW. I suppose you could make it so each performance is different, and therefore eventually you could see the whole rotation by going three times, but that would get mighty expensive.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:20 AM   #1409
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
CMs and locals don't go enough...nor have the money to spend on 9 dollar drinks...

If they did...perhaps they wouldn't have closed PI
Aren't the locals a big part of why they closed PI? Everyone would go frequently on their season pass, buy one drink (if that) and stay there all night? I recall every time I went to the AC seeing the same people in the same seats in the main room reciting the same lines with the cast. A little Rocky Horror esque.

Ever go in the BET towards the end? How about manequins?
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #1410
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
The problem with AC as dinner theatre is Disney would never let it go that long. You would have two or three performances a night, limited to 90 minutes. (Picture AC as HDDR.) Not saying that that wouldn't be better than the version we have NOW. I suppose you could make it so each performance is different, and therefore eventually you could see the whole rotation by going three times, but that would get mighty expensive.
Wouldn't "more expensive" == "more income" ?

I'm not sure why you say "Disney would never let it go that long." They already have HDDR and Spirit of Aloha. Except if there are three varying shows, the chance for repeat business is I think higher...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: