Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #16
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkentall View Post
Wow! Thanks, everyone, for the awesome feedback. I looked at some condo/home rentals in the area, and I was shocked at how inexpensive they are for a week. The week I've chosen is the last week before "high" season, so that helps, but even the first few weeks of June don't seem very expensive. We paid double that for a beach house at Dauphin Island last summer. In any event, I think I'm almost sold on staying offsite. I'm sure I'll have many more questions as I continue planning the trip!

One more question--where do I go to look into a DVC rental?

Thanks again!

Steph
There are a couple of places that you can look. The DVC Rent/Trade board here on the Disboards has owners who list available points and reservations. There is also a sticky thread near the top of that forum called "How to Use This Board". READ IT! You'll learn a lot about renting points from it. You can also ask questions about renting points on the other DVC forums as long as you do not include your dates or the resort that you want to rent at. That would be viewed like a "looking to rent" post, which is not permitted.
http://www.disboards.com/forumdispla...sprune=30&f=29

You can also learn about point rentals from the FAQs on David's Vacation Club Rentals. I have never dealt with him personally, but several members have and they say that he is very good at answering questions and gets back to you quickly.
http://www.dvcrequest.com/?oid=29_1

Marionnette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #17
littlezar
DIS Veteran

I sent you a PM.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #18
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy13d69 View Post
Ahh. I had never heard this. Thanks.
POR in the Aligator Bayou section has always been 5 people. It is the only moderate that holds 5, very popular with families of 5!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #19
Lizzybean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceemouse

POR in the Aligator Bayou section has always been 5 people. It is the only moderate that holds 5, very popular with families of 5!
Ft Wilderness cabins are mod and they hold 5-6! We stayed there over the summer and loved it.

June 2014: Beach Club!
Jan/Feb 2013 at POR
July/August 2012: Fort Wilderness FUN
July 2011: Offsite
90s: Offsite

I'm addicted to the pixie dust!

ME DH DS15 DD10 DD6
Lizzybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #20
disney_me
disney fan

I vote for off site. We have been to WDW 8 time with our 9th trip planned for late Match 2013. We have stayed off site for all trips except for a Surprize trip for me in Aug. stayed at AKL. It was a very nice place but I still love staying off site better.

We always book from this website: www.vrbo.com

We are renting a 4 bedroom 3 bath house for $800.00 for the week with a heated pool.

Off site gives everyone the opportunity to find their own space. Which I find to be so great after a long day in the parks!

Best of luck in what ever you choose!!!
Birthday, MAR. 2013, FEB. 2015 in the works!!!

pweyl36 is my big sister
disney_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #21
maggs1035
DIS Veteran

If you want to save money, then go with off site
maggs1035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #22
Sheepdog23
Mouseketeer

growing up we always camped at Fort Wilderness, which is still one of my favorite places to stay. I would highly recommend it, even if you choose a cabin. Now that I am living in Europe, I bought a small dvc contract which allows us to bank and borrow almost enough points for our stay every other year, and what I need over that for the years we want to stay dvc, I rent through another member or one of the agencies, or transfer in from others like my mom. It has earned us more than enough in savings, so if you think you will travel often, try to see if you can find a small enough contract that will allow dvc travel every few years. We also usually try another hotel for the remaining night(s) by using the discounts disney posts. Good Luck!
Sheepdog23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: