Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #31
Zbugz
Thinking about In n Out Burgers and Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katems View Post
Anyway, those are my thoughts!!
I pretty much agree with all of your observations. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Zbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:12 AM   #32
Keurigirl
let's all sing like the birdies sing

I agree with everything you said except a couple things:

Tower is way better in Land, the suspense of when you're going to drop is totally ruined at Disneyworld when your car has to move tracks through that darkroom thing.

Also, RSR is so much more fun than Test Track! But that might be because I just don't get test track. I think it's kind of boring.

Also the Tiki room is amazing

You are TOTALLY right about the park hopping and transportation - when going to the World I HATE HATE HATE that everything is so spread out and it takes forever to get places.
Disney Cruises: W. Caribbean 3/12, Alaska 8/12, W. Caribbean 4/13, Alaska 8/13, Transatlantic 5/14, Alaska 8/14 next trip: Alaska 8/15
Keurigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #33
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keurigirl View Post
Tower is way better in Land, the suspense of when you're going to drop is totally ruined at Disneyworld when your car has to move tracks through that darkroom thing.
I personally like the added feature at DHS where your elevator car goes through the extra mirrored room. I presume they would have added that at DLR if they had the space, but they likely couldn't make the ride larger. And I like the randomness of the drops at DHS. Is DLR still the same drop sequence each time you ride?
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #34
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

First of all...great review katems! You were very detailed and gave great highlights.

We were wdw vets who visited the land back in 2007 and now cosnider dl to be our home park too.

What did you think of the Aladdin stage show?

I have to respectfully disagree about two things. One the fantasyland rides in DL are awesome but I love the nostalgia of it all. Those dark rides are a thing of beauty and history. I hope they never go away.

Second RSR blows away test track. They are similar in the fact that you have an indoor start and then an outdoor speed around the track but the indoor portion blows away Test Track and the outdoor portion when you actually race against another car adds another dimension. So much fun! Especially at night!

In the summetime at downtown disney live bands will play all over which is another cool factor. Also for first timers you have to get over to DLH to see the old time photographs of celebrities and Walt Disney.

Did you get to ride the Lilly Belle or do any tours?

Again, great review!
2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #35
Crazy4Pooh
Earning My Ears

Great review.
Glad you enjoyed the Land. We love it because of everything being so close and the park hopper option is not to be dismissed. We went to the World last year and enjoyed it but found it to be a lot more planning in regards to meals and where you want to be at certain times. We did find the World gave us more time to take breaks and relax at the hotel. More of a Resort feel then the Land. We are planning a trip back to the World to explore more and look forward to booking during the Free Dining like we did last time.
Glad we are able to spend time at both our favourite destinations
Crazy4Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #36
DisneytheKid
A bad attempt at Billy the Kid

Thanks for the great review! We'll probably try WDW once we have kids so I always like to read the comparison reviews. Thanks again for taking the time to write!
Countless times during the 80's and 90's
DisneytheKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: