Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #976
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito
Hello!

Wanted To say "hi" and Happy Holidays to all of you in my RC family

I'm very glad for the mobile app since I don't have wifi

Am planning a trip for this January and I'm sooo glad to be back on the Dis!

Hope all is well with all of you!

(And if this posts in the wrong place -sorry!)
Holy cow!! Miss ya Karen....soooo glad youre back WOOHOO

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 12-12-2012, 12:09 AM   #977
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Hi to all you wonderful RC ladies. I am slowly recovering, it's tough having surgery right off of chemo I have been reading the pages I missed the past few days, a lot going on, some good, some not so much. Hugs to everyone I think I need to start with a clean slate. AND thank you for the milkshake tribute, it was great!

One thing I have to say is i heart the mouse, your daughter is soooo cute. Love the ensemble and I am so glad to hear she did so well yesterday

Since you feel well enough to post, I think I'll celebrate tomorrow with an orange cream slush from Sonic. If you haven't had one, it's like a drinkable Dreamsicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Sorry ladies this is completely OFF TOPIC but this is a story that is making a few headlines around here!

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crim...ork-ikea-store

Apparently the monkey is owned by a local real estate agent in her 30's (i think?) who has been raising the monkey. People are up in arms that the monkey should be returned to her as it is the only home it has ever known. I heard the owner on a radio program saying that normally he "knows to stay in the car when I shop, but I guess he felt he wanted to be in the store with me.'

Too much!!
at the monkey in the coat. It's so cute!! That person should get more than a fine though, or at least a bigger one. I can't believe what some people will try and get away with.

My DH went into a customers house and saw this huge (like 4'x4' and at least 5' tall) cage. It looked kinda like a little bit bigger version of the one his aunt has for her parrots, so he thought that's what it was for. He looked on the floor of it, and saw a "stuffed" monkey on a pillow, and then the monkey started moving. The man told him it was a squirrel monkey, and I need one!! They are so cute!! Then again, I think I need a Great Pyrenees, Great Dane, Dalmatian, Scottish Wolfhound, Mastiff (English and Bull), Newfoundland, St. Bernard, Beagle, Malamute, Husky, and a Pomsky. See that's why I need to win a big lottery...to be able to afford a place big enough for all those big dogs, be able to afford to feed, them, and afford someone to shovel all their presents they will leave in the yard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito View Post
Hello!

Welcome back!!
Make sure to come over to the January threads. I keep track of the one titled January 2013. We also have a FB group for it. If you want to join, PM me the link to your FB account and I'll put you in it. We're a secret group, so you have to be FB friend's with a mod. We did that so only the people that should be in the group could see it.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 12:28 AM   #978
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

omg I just realized that today is 12/12/12 and when I wake up to get the boys off to school, I can make my ADRs for June.

We may have to keep the trip then. The fil and mil are having trouble with one of their current techs and the fil was gripping about people taking off in December. If the DH is dead set on changing it to June, I may just have to lie and tell them that is the only time I can have off school. It is believable since I am getting down to having mostly only computer programming classes left and they only offer them certain semesters.

HAPPY 12/12/12 Y'ALL!!
It's the last time, in our lifetimes, where we will see a number date repeating like that for all three.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 12-12-2012, 07:49 AM   #979
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Omg!!!!

So, today is Yankee Swap pot lunch day at work...absolutely nothing is gonna get done...we do it up!

So, imagine my surprise when I get an email from my director for me to come in to his office (we just spoke about my raise a few days ago....).

Well, they have decided to make my raise retroactive to April 1st of this year, so I will have all that is back owed to me paid in the next paycheck!!!! (Like $2000+)

I am so excited, and so blessed to be working for such an amazing company!!!

Merry Christmas to me!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ

Last edited by Mousemommy1; 12-12-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:01 AM   #980
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi to all you wonderful RC ladies. I am slowly recovering, it's tough having surgery right off of chemo I have been reading the pages I missed the past few days, a lot going on, some good, some not so much. Hugs to everyone I think I need to start with a clean slate. AND thank you for the milkshake tribute, it was great!

One thing I have to say is i heart the mouse, your daughter is soooo cute. Love the ensemble and I am so glad to hear she did so well yesterday
Hi Jungle Cruiser! It's great to see you back! Thanks for the kids thoughts I hope you are taking it easy until you are recovered. Surgery after chemo, yeesh. You are one strong lady!

Quote:
Sorry ladies this is completely OFF TOPIC but this is a story that is making a few headlines around here!

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crim...ork-ikea-store

Apparently the monkey is owned by a local real estate agent in her 30's (i think?) who has been raising the monkey. People are up in arms that the monkey should be returned to her as it is the only home it has ever known. I heard the owner on a radio program saying that normally he "knows to stay in the car when I shop, but I guess he felt he wanted to be in the store with me.'

Too much!!
Too cute! I like his coat!

Quote:
Hello!

Nice to see you back! Where are you staying in January? Inquiring minds need to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
omg I just realized that today is 12/12/12 and when I wake up to get the boys off to school, I can make my ADRs for June.

We may have to keep the trip then. The fil and mil are having trouble with one of their current techs and the fil was gripping about people taking off in December. If the DH is dead set on changing it to June, I may just have to lie and tell them that is the only time I can have off school. It is believable since I am getting down to having mostly only computer programming classes left and they only offer them certain semesters.

HAPPY 12/12/12 Y'ALL!!
It's the last time, in our lifetimes, where we will see a number date repeating like that for all three.

Happy 12/12/12 to you too. Good luck on those ADRs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
So, today is Yankee Swap pot lunch day at work...absolutely nothing is gonna get done...we do it up!

So, imagine my surprise when I get an email from my director for me to come in to his office (we just spoke about my raise a few days ago....).

Well, they have decided to make my raise retroactive to April 1st of this year, so I will have all that is back owed to me paid in the next paycheck!!!! (Like $1000+)

Have fun at the Yankee Swap. Now I'm hungry!

Congrats on the retro raise! That is an amazing surprise!

Got any of it earmarked yet?
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 12-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #981
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Miss you too

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Is that what it is? OCD...hmm. I really hate planning. If I change everything at the last minute it makes it feel more spontaneous.Makes no sense I know.

I have no idea what your doing. Jan? May?(yes it's warm enough to swim)August? Or is it all three?
Only August....guess I wanted to move the trip up sooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
I know what that's like. I've been living that rollercoaster for a year.Thankfully we have never had to worry about job loss just a transfer. It's very difficult to live with men when they're stressed about their jobs. Hang in there. Wishing you the best.
Sure is

Quote:
I changed to YC CL.. But since doing that I haven't touched my trip...Aug 18-25 Anna Maria Island then 25th to Sep. 1st YC

We love ya Sarah...and Milkshakes are now the official RC cocktail (with LapuLapu and Grey Goose Slushie as runners up)

Quote:

HAPPY 12/12/12 Y'ALL!!

ADR day

12/12/12!!! And Fire Truck Santa day for the Pas kiddos!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Well, they have decided to make my raise retroactive to April 1st of this year, so I will have all that is back owed to me paid in the next paycheck!!!! (Like $2000+)

Merry Christmas Candace!!!!!!!!!!!! BC BC BC

For those new to the family...kaffinito is one of the original RCers!!!! With stepdisney and kook...she was one of the wonderful, funny, sweet women that welcomed ME to the RC family...last sighting was her NYE trip last year, and I am SO happy to have her back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-12-2012, 08:32 AM   #982
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello!

Hi Kaffinito....it is nice to meet one of the old school RCers!! And yay for a January trip....very close!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #983
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

CONGRATS on the raise!!! I bet you deserve every penny!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #984
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

HAPPY 12/12/12 Y'ALL!!

Sorry I am going backwards here with my quoting...

Let us know how it went with your ADR's!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #985
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry I am going backwards here with my quoting...
It's that kind of day

Old 12-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #986
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

Wow that is amazing!! Congrats!! Hmm...any ideas yet on how to spend it?

Old 12-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #987
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse
Happy 12/12/12 to you too. Good luck on those ADRs!
I got everything I wanted and the times I wanted.
6/10/13 : arrival day, so we'll grab a QS lunch after we check into the CR, late dinner at BOG
6/11/13 : lunch ( I think right at noon) - Rose & Crown, after 8 PM dinner - Le Cellier
6/12/13 : 10:15 AM CRT, 9:15-ish PM 'Ohana (fireworks will be at 10, so hopefully we get a table where we can see the firework, if that's possible)
6/13/13 : 10:15 AM Chef Mickey's

Now we just have to see if we keep it in June. I'm just all confused. Winning the lottery would fix it, then I could all on all three dates. I want to go in June b/c it's the closest date. I want to go in December for all the Christmas stuff. I want to go in January b/c we'll be there on my bday & our youngest DS's 15th bday.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #988
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I don't know how many times I've tried to catch up but something always comes up so I'm going to try once again.

Candace - Awesome news on the raise!!!

Wookie - Glad you got all your ADRs! hopefully the timing and money will all work out and maybe you'll even when the lotto and be able take all three trips We can dream can't we?

Kaffinito - very nice to "meet" you

Sarah - Hope you're feeling a bit better today! thinking of you always

Padawans - We've never gone through this job uncertainty before and it's not that the company's not profitable, its just that his partner/boss is CRAZY! As of this morning things were looking good and he "should" be getting a decent holiday bonus, but time will tell. Have you heard any more on the possible transfer?

I_heart - Your DD is to flipping adorable!!!! Glad she made a quick recovery!

Debrn - welcome to our crazy resort changing group

Miss - LOL yes I eventually made it home from Whole Foods, and thank you for reminding me to call CRO and cancel my YC reservation Oh and it's been really warm down here lately we're in the mid 80s this week in Orlando's a little bit cooler but if it stays like this you'll be good to swim.

Kiddos about out of school, so I better finish up and post what I have so it's something. I hope everyone else is having a great day and I promised me back to catch up soon!

Miss you!
Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 12-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #989
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hello ladies!

It's so nice to see Sarah popping on to say hi. I hope you're trying to take it easy and getting some rest. Sending you loads of this...

Melissa: Hope the hubs is in a better state of mind today. Sorry you all are going through such a stressful time.

Kaffinito: Wow, yay! You're back!

Candace: Yes indeed, Merry Christmas to you! That's good stuff, right there.

Wookie: Sa-weeeeet ADRs!

Jen: The Ikea Monkey! He looked so sad sitting there staring out the door. I would only admit to you guys that it made me a little teary-eyed. Poor little guy.

I_Heart: Spreadsheets. I knew there was something I should be doing. Gotta go find my cubes too; can't do anything without the ol' cubes.

-----------------------

I've just spent the last evening and a good part of this morning -- sans the torture session -- picking out fonts and colors for my annual Miss M Christmas "Card" (well, it's just an image with text, really.) It drives my hubs batty when I take so long to decide on something so silly. Makes me a bit misty comparing this year's to previous ones. I'm turning into a big ol' SAP!

Last edited by Missoutandabout; 12-12-2012 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Whoa, Typo
Old 12-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #990
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Okay home and kiddos doing homework so going to try to do some more catching up.

Marie - what did you ever decide about the full time position? In know I probably missed that somewhere

Jeanette - can we find a way to put more hours in the day???? I definitely need them lately! Wait I am confused, did you change again??

Candace - a stompeez commercial came on last night and I cracked up and thought of you Ugh on the tires and washing machine.

Jen - I can't believe you had such bad service that's crazy, especially at a holiday dinner. I keeping my fingers crossed for good discounts released soon for you!

Hello to Pixarmom, Ginny, Linda, and everyone else I am missing.

Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: